CeraVe Foaming Facial Cleanser - Normal to Dry Skin

CeraVe Foaming Facial Cleanser - Normal to Dry Skin
Foaming Facial Cleanser - Normal to Dry SkinFoaming Facial Cleanser - Normal to Dry SkinFoaming Facial Cleanser - Normal to Dry SkinFoaming Facial Cleanser - Normal to Dry Skin

Purified Water, Cocamidopropyl Hydroxysultaine, Glycerin, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Peg-150 Pentaerythrityl Tetrastearate and Peg-6 Caprylic/Capric Glycerides, Niacinamide, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Ceramide 3, Ceramide 6-II, Ceramide 1, Hyaluronic Acid, Cholesterol, Sodium Chloride, Phytosphingosine, Citric Acid, Edetate Disodium, Dihydrate, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Carbomer, Xanthan Gum

on 3/14/2019 3:53:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I've been using CeraVe Foaming Facial Cleanser (Normal to Oily) for about 5 years now. Before that I used Cetaphil's face wash, which I also liked. I can't remember why I made the switch, but both are good facial cleansers that I would recommend.

So, my skin is combo, mostly dry to normal but I do get oily around my nose. I hate that dry, tight feeling when my skin is over-cleansed, and I've never gotten that with CeraVe. On days that I wear makeup (foundation, mascara, and lipliner/lipstick) I wash twice to first remove all my makeup and then to actually cleanse my skin. I've never been one to wear tons and tons of makeup so I've never had any issues with not being able to remove my makeup with face wash alone. I also don't use those alcohol-based makeup setting sprays nor do I use waterproof mascara, so that could be why. If you like to wear a lot of makeup or for whatever reason wear stage makeup, then I'm not sure if this cleanser will work for you. For those that wear what I would call average amounts of makeup, I can't imagine this wouldn't work well for you.

Also, I have PCOS and when I'm not controlling it by eating right and exercising, I get pimples here and there. However, those breakouts don't have anything to do with my cleanser. This cleanser has kept my skin looking and feeling great, and has never caused me any problems like breakouts or dryness.

Facial cleansers really are one thing you shouldn't be spending TONS of money on. When I see people buying face washes over $20 a bottle I really want to warn them that they're waaaay overspending. There are plenty of good cleansers at the drugstore and this is one.

I've been looking for a cleanser that effectively removes my extremely stubborn sunscreen in my night routine. I'm happy to say this has done the job.

My skin: Dry to normal combo..dry around the jawline, chin especially. Slightly oily T-zone, nothing major. Severe hormonal acne & P.I.E. along the jawline.

I've been using this for a week now (at night only) after my DIY oil cleanser, and I'm impressed. It takes off all the oil cleanser & sunscreen pretty well AND doesn't leave my skin TIGHT. Not to mention the pH level is low! around 4.5-5.5

PROS:
- Plenty of product
- Fairly priced
- Low pH
- Contains niacinamide, ceramides & hyaluronic acid
- Doesn't make your skin tight after washing
- Effectively removes stubborn sunscreen
- No fragrance or irritants & non-comedogenic!

CONS:
- Might not be hydrating enough for super dry skin. In that case go for the hydrating cleanser
- Could be too drying for a morning cleanser

FULLY RECOMMEND if you need something ''strong'' to remove sunscreen and oils in your routine!

on 3/4/2019 10:27:00 AM

It is an OK foaming cleanser. I love the pump dispenser, as I use this after a cleansing balm or oil, normally in the shower (to you oil cleansing guys out there, you know you can't be bothered with cap unscrewing and precise dispensing with oil clouding your vision lol!). I’m on the oily/combination side, and have a good hydration routine, so I don’t mind using the foaming version, buy I might try the hydrating cleanser at some point, as the foaming version may be a little harsh on certain people or for the colder months.
I don’t know if it takes off MU and SPF on its own, as I always use an oil based cleanser before. So I cannot comment on that…

It is not the cheapest cleanser, there are cheaper options where I live, but it is not super expensive by any means.

Overall, I am moderately happy with this cleanser and willing to repurchase in the future. But it is not my HG cleanser that I’d recommend to everyone!

on 2/19/2019 7:45:00 AM

This is a relatively cheap and affordable cleanser. I’ve sensitive dry combination skin. This is meant for oily and combination skin and it has a great ingredients list. It is soap and fragrance free, But once I applied it burned the hell out of my skin. My skin started to sting and was left as dry as a desert. I used Cetaphil gentle cleanser, Olay cream cleanser, skII cleanser, Garnier three in one cleanser and non of them caused me any problem.

on 2/2/2019 6:47:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I had high hopes for CeraVe Foaming Facial Cleanser because I've had great luck with some of their other products. It deserves high marks for being a fragrance and dye free option in a world of perfumed soaps and cleansers. And it is pretty great at cutting sebum and removing dirt from skin. However, it is not particularly gentle. In fact, I would surmise it is LESS gentle than regular old Soft Soap (liquid hand soap). After a couple weeks of consistent use, my normal to oily skin became very irritated. My guess is that this cleanser basically eroded my moisture barrier, which implies that it either contains harsh detergents, or ingredients which can cause irritation. Or both. So, it made a nice, expensive hand soap that lasted a long time, because the product is actually quite thick and does not require much to lather for a hand wash. I definitely won't be repurchasing, but would not rule it out for those with non-sensitive and very oily skin.

This was my HG cleanser. I fell in love with the gentle yet effective way it cleaned my face, heavy make up or no make up days. I used it for over a year and went through two bottles. I repurchased, and because of my issues with their reformulation in pm moisturizer for oily skin, I did check the label and it checked out just fine. There are no differences to ingredient list. Fast forward to weeks into using it, and my face is broken out in huge cysts, black heads, hard pimples under the skin, red splotches, neck cysts... It's disgusting. At my Witts end I basically stop using all my other products but this one cuz it checks out. I stopped using it for two days on a trip, and even within two days of not using my skin looked like it sighed in relief. I look into it a little further, and turns out they didn't change the ingredients, but how they formulated the product when putting the ingredients together. Many people have been reacting like I have. It has been two weeks now and I'm still dealing with marks, black heads, and hard pimples, but everyday it's getting a little better.

I hate this brand. I hate these products for everything I have had to go through because their lack of transparency.

DO NOT USE THIS PRODUCT ON SENSITIVE, ACNE PRONE, OILY SKIN.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I have tried so many cleansers over the years, and this is the only one that has effectively gotten rid of the makeup and oil off my face without drying it out as it states on the bottle. It foams nicely on my face and rinses with ease. I have a lot of texture and acne, and this doesn't irritate it at all. I bought one bottle about 2 months ago, and I haven't run out of it yet, so it will last you a good amount of time. It costs $14, which can be a little pricey for a face wash. But it is worth every penny in my opinion.

on 1/28/2019 12:42:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Although this cleanser claims to be for oily/normal skin types, I have dry sensitive skin and use this cleanser no problem. It is still very gentle but is MUCH better than the Cerave hydrating cleanser which is absolutely useless at cleaning traces of makeup or oils/sunscreen from the skin. It foams up really well which, through my experience, is much more effective than a non foaming cleanser for getting skin really clean and preventing breakouts. I use this as my second cleanse after removing makeup with a balm, and my skin feels clean and comfortable afterwards.

on 1/25/2019 8:50:00 PM

A friend of mine introduced me to this stuff, and it has been my HOLY GRAIL when it comes to cleaning my sensitive/combination skin. No face brush needed, I've faithfully used it since 2014 and I haven't looked back since. I used to have extra oily and problematic skin; frequent flare ups, acne cysts, and uneven skin tone. This stuff helps calm redness, minimize pores, saps up any extra oil, and it washes off without leaving behind any sticky residue. The price is a bit steep compared to nearby cleansers (about $12), but its worth every penny considering the bottle lasts me a good 4-5 months before I have to repurchase.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I used raw African black soap in the summer but it is too strong of a cleanser in the winter. I wanted more of a moisturizing cleanser for the winter. I tried the hydrating cleanser that broke me out. So I tried this one in a travel size in case it broke me out and I like this one a lot. I used cetaphil gentle daily cleanser before and it doesn't feel any thing like that. It has a light lather it removes make up including mascara and my face is very clean afterwards but not a squeaky clean. This is my 6th day using it and so far it is good on my skin. I have oily/combination skin. I'm more combination in the winter and oily in the summer. As a moisturizer I used nature Republic aloe Vera gel as a moisturizer. I also make sure to drink water.