Stila One Step Correct

Stila One Step Correct

2.8

on 7/6/2016 10:58:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

This product is a fail. It leaves a white cast, it will not make your make-up last longer, and it is very pore clogging. I am currently living in a tropical climate and my make-up will last about 4 hours max with this primer. I consider this a pointless product. The only thing to love about this product is the packaging.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Honestly would be okay if the colours were seperated so you could pick what you want where
But I found together it just turned into a brown mush. (Trust me is what Purple green and peach make as an artist)
But I just ended up with green tint and rather brown

To Read all 78 Reviews, Login or Join

on 5/26/2016 6:23:00 PM

This is a pretty product, and a pretty high price. It gives me a greenish hue that makes me look ill, but as I'm always going to put foundation etc on top of it I don't find this to be an issue. Perhaps people with problems with redness will benefit more from this. It didn't really do anything to help correct my pores or fine lines. It didn't make it particularly easier to apply foundation either. I quite like the feel of this on my skin and it does seem to help my foundation stay on just a little longer.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

I too was a bit underwhelmed with this product by Stila. I bought it on a whim to see if I could incorporate it into my daily routine and aside from its neat look and having a pump action dispensary bottle I cannot recommend it very much.

Blending the product on my face was a drag; I really had to work it for a bit to get rid of the pasty white cast it left on my skin and to allow the other pigments to 'correct' for my slight redness (on my cheeks and nose mostly) but the effect was minimal. On top of that it made me look glossy and shiny, not plump or dewy with a natural look. While I think it sure beats the "pure silicone' feel of many other make up primers out there it simply didn't look well as a single layer on my face and I wouldn't go out with nothing else on. Too bad!

on 2/26/2016 9:53:00 PM

I purchased due to a good deal, it was burried for months before i decided to give it a good try. The color mixes well and goes on my skin pretty smooth, does not leave skin greasy. I would even do as far as saying it somewhat gives my skin a matte look. My biggest pro of the product is the oil control. Normaly id have to blot after 1 hour after makeup application ( oil control make up of course) and with this primer the hours pass and my fave looks matte. After a week of using it...ive decided to but the full size. Although i do think it does leave a grayinsh tint on my face....but nothing a little bronzer cant help.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Didn't do anything for me!!waste of $$. I returned it

on 12/24/2015 8:05:00 AM

This primer does not live up to the hype. I have dehydrated acne prone skin which makes my makeup melt off or break apart into patches after a few hours of application. The product does not make my makeup last longer, in fact I feel as though my foundation is harder to blend into my skin because of the primer. I have tried to use it several times with different foundations, trying to find a way to make this primer work but for its price, it is a huge disappointment. Its claim of being able to colour correct, brighting and illuminate are barely visible on my skin. After using this primer, my skin has begun to break out from it. I am extremely disappointed with this product.

I purchased two bottle for a year usage. I need to use a decent amount on my face to tell the difference. It blend in perfectly into my skin tone and instantaneously corrected the uneven skin tone. The only thing I do not like is the price - expensive

on 12/4/2015 3:46:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Honestly bought this product because I thought the packaging was too cute and innovative. It has the different colour correctors arranged in a spiral and little pump at the top. And it being from Stila and costing a bomb, I thought it would match up to its reputation.

The packaging is great as it allows you to control the amount you're dispensing. However, the advantages stops there.

I felt that it was too greasy going on my face and such a hassle to blend its way in, like it doesn't absorb easily. The different coloured correctors also made my face greyish and did not help correct anything at all, basically put a grey veil over my skin. My BB cream did not sit well over it and smeared all across my face, I had to wipe off all the product and redo my makeup all over again.

Basically a waste of time and effort and money,

on 11/25/2015 12:31:00 AM

I'm having a hard time deciding whether this helped with my redness, I think it does slightly but I may just be imagining it. What I liked about this primer is that it did help my makeup go on smoother and blend nicely. I also loved the packaging, it is pretty and doesn't waste any product. I did not like how it made my skin feel after applying it though, I found that it made my face feel almost sticky until it was fully absorbed. I have tried some primers that have made my skin feel so smooth, so I felt this product lacked that ability. I will consider buying this again, but only if it's on sale