Stila One Step Correct

Stila One Step Correct
One Step Correct

3.0

on 1/6/2018 5:00:00 PM

I used this up and tried other primers, then came back to this. I have a bit of rosacea, some minimal acne scars. Light olive skin tone. This I sometimes mix with a TM, or I use it over the First Aid coconut moisturizer. I do not have oily skin, so I cannot speak to oil breakthrough. This does serve to even out my skin, and to brighten. The green shows as a whitish cast then settles into a nice glow. I can then touch up under my eyes and nose and old scars with a Fenty Baboo cover up stick. Then done. I have the impression if this works for you, it is HG status. Try before you buy if you are super oily or have dark skin.

on 12/28/2017 6:49:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Good primer for oily skin, this leaves my skin even and oil free and gives a good base for my makeup that is not slick or too silicone feeling. I am not seeing much colour with this, the 3 coloured swirls just blend out into nothing on my fair skin. Bottle is nice, kind of weird looking with the swirls but it's fine. Would probably repurchase, I may like Becca primers over this but this one isn't bad at all.

on 11/11/2017 6:01:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

First off, this doesn't correct skin tone. And based on its full name - 'One Step Correct Skin Tone Correcting & Brightening Serum' - it really should. It also doesn't particularly brighten the skin (at least not for me). So why then, have I given it a 4/5 rating? Well, for me it's proved to be a perfect base for my makeup application.

I've noticed since using this that my foundation lasts much longer, I don't get as oily - especially in my usual problem areas (forehead, nose and chin) - and unlike other supposed 'correcting' products I've tried in the past, this hasn't broken me out or made my skin react badly. It applies smoothly, absorbs quickly and gives my skin a nice 'tack' to it, which I prefer as a base for applying foundation.

The major downside for me is the price. It's £23 for 30ml which works out to be a pricey step in my makeup regime when I'm using it 3-4 times a week, as it doesn't last that long. Having said that, I would repurchase purely because it's turned out to be such a great base product - the best I've found in a long time - and when your skin's as reactive as mine can be, that's saying a lot! I'll just wait until it's on offer or in the sales...

My face is a miasma of colour. Dark purple under-eyes. Weird orange/brown coloured eyelids (I'm pasty white as a rule). Strange green weirdness from the corners of my mouth down to my jaw. And a red nose that would make IT recoil in horror. I thought this would be a handy product if it could target the rainbow that is my face, but it didn't really do much to help me at all. I applied it after moisturising, but pre-foundation, and It kind of blurred things and maybe made the colours less intense, so instead of being red, my nose was a ruddy shade of rose. I think I need something more high octane to defeat the discolouration.

I gave it 2/5 because it was fun to use. I liked the swirliness, and I was entertained for about 10 minutes before I realised it did nothing. Even though it did nothing, It was so fun to use that I still occasionally squirt some on my hand and play around with it, so I guess not a total loss.

Also beware the pump. It squirts out a lot of product, and I don't exactly have a tiny face and it was too much for me.

I saw all of the negative reviews of this product and just wanted to contribute my experience for those of you that are on the fence about it.

I have general redness all over my face and needed a new primer, so I decided to splurge and pick this up at Ulta. It seems to me that this product is heavier on the green hue (versus the lavender and peach) so for my needs, it did even out my skin tone. I found the product to be really smooth and, as a primer, it really extended the staying power of my makeup.

The packaging is very cute, and one pump was more than enough to cover my face. I found the product to be very moisturizing and left my skin feeling very soft and smooth after I applied it. I would--almost--consider using just this product without a BB cream or foundation because of how even my skin looked. I have very fair, acne-prone skin and this did not cause and breakouts or irritation for me.

Overall, I really liked this product as a redness corrector and primer but I think I will only repurchase in the future at a lower price. I hope you have as good of an experience with this product as I did!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Was able to hold up my makeup for a good amount of time. It was able to help control my oil production as I saw a difference in shine at the end of the day. However, as much as it does help to control my oily face, it was pore clogging. Once I started using this primer for about a month+, I noticed that my breakouts worsened. It also caused my sensitive skin to react negatively towards it and caused a lot of breakouts and bumps on the areas where I would concentrate this primer the most at. As much as I wish to love this beautiful primer, the cost and the pore clogging does not justify how pretty it looks. This is a classic example of how inner beauty is always more important than external beauty.

Would recommend for anyone who does not have sensitive skin though (even though it's quite pricey but it does last for some time! only made a dent in it because I was using it almost every single day for about 2 months!). But if you do have sensitive skin, give this a pass and look for a better alternative.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I am loving this primer! I've been aware of this primer for several years but honestly never gave it much though, it always looked a little gimmicky to me. And Stila has always been pretty hit or miss in my experience. When Ulta had this half price for their 21 days of beauty promo I decided to give it a try. I don't have a go to primer, I've used about a billion of them but haven't found "the one". I'm not totally sure this is "the one" either but it's pretty damn close. I prefer to use matte medium to full coverage foundations, currently I'm using Nars Velvet Matte Skin Tint. I had tried using the Nars with several different primers and it just didn't work well. Some would cause my foundation to ball up, others made it sit in my pores and look terrible, others still would break the foundation down and I would look greasy, despite having dry skin, after a few hours. I figured I'd wasted almost $50 on crappy foundation. When I bought One Step I figured the true test would be using it under my Nars foundation. And wouldn't you know it, perfection! My foundation applies beautifully, blends flawlessly, lasts all day, doesn't break down into my pores or make me look like a grease ball. One Step has a great gel/cream texture, not siliconey at all! It blends in great and seems to balance my skin perfectly. I think if you're really oily this might not work as well for you, it's probably best for normal to normal dry skin types. I'm also not convinced the color correcting aspect of this is the best but it does seem my skin tone looks a touch more even when I'm wearing it. The clear bottle and pump are wonderful. One pump is the perfect amount for me and you can see exactly how much is left. I'm really glad I went out on a limb and tried this.

on 2/28/2017 6:04:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Holy grail primer, I've tried a lot of primers and this is the only one I love and truly makes a difference. It evens out my skin tone so well and makes me skin look brighter and fresher. I love the packaging so you don't waste a drop and can see exactly how many more uses you have out of it.

on 1/15/2017 2:58:00 PM

when i would wear this product i got complimented on my complexion. i have acne but this product was gentle and did not cause further irritation. its smooth and doesnt cause flakes when rubbed into the skin unlike the smashbox green correcting cream. would buy again but the price stops me

on 7/6/2016 10:58:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

This product is a fail. It leaves a white cast, it will not make your make-up last longer, and it is very pore clogging. I am currently living in a tropical climate and my make-up will last about 4 hours max with this primer. I consider this a pointless product. The only thing to love about this product is the packaging.