Stila One Step Correct

Stila One Step Correct

2.9

I saw all of the negative reviews of this product and just wanted to contribute my experience for those of you that are on the fence about it.

I have general redness all over my face and needed a new primer, so I decided to splurge and pick this up at Ulta. It seems to me that this product is heavier on the green hue (versus the lavender and peach) so for my needs, it did even out my skin tone. I found the product to be really smooth and, as a primer, it really extended the staying power of my makeup.

The packaging is very cute, and one pump was more than enough to cover my face. I found the product to be very moisturizing and left my skin feeling very soft and smooth after I applied it. I would--almost--consider using just this product without a BB cream or foundation because of how even my skin looked. I have very fair, acne-prone skin and this did not cause and breakouts or irritation for me.

Overall, I really liked this product as a redness corrector and primer but I think I will only repurchase in the future at a lower price. I hope you have as good of an experience with this product as I did!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Was able to hold up my makeup for a good amount of time. It was able to help control my oil production as I saw a difference in shine at the end of the day. However, as much as it does help to control my oily face, it was pore clogging. Once I started using this primer for about a month+, I noticed that my breakouts worsened. It also caused my sensitive skin to react negatively towards it and caused a lot of breakouts and bumps on the areas where I would concentrate this primer the most at. As much as I wish to love this beautiful primer, the cost and the pore clogging does not justify how pretty it looks. This is a classic example of how inner beauty is always more important than external beauty.

Would recommend for anyone who does not have sensitive skin though (even though it's quite pricey but it does last for some time! only made a dent in it because I was using it almost every single day for about 2 months!). But if you do have sensitive skin, give this a pass and look for a better alternative.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I am loving this primer! I've been aware of this primer for several years but honestly never gave it much though, it always looked a little gimmicky to me. And Stila has always been pretty hit or miss in my experience. When Ulta had this half price for their 21 days of beauty promo I decided to give it a try. I don't have a go to primer, I've used about a billion of them but haven't found "the one". I'm not totally sure this is "the one" either but it's pretty damn close. I prefer to use matte medium to full coverage foundations, currently I'm using Nars Velvet Matte Skin Tint. I had tried using the Nars with several different primers and it just didn't work well. Some would cause my foundation to ball up, others made it sit in my pores and look terrible, others still would break the foundation down and I would look greasy, despite having dry skin, after a few hours. I figured I'd wasted almost $50 on crappy foundation. When I bought One Step I figured the true test would be using it under my Nars foundation. And wouldn't you know it, perfection! My foundation applies beautifully, blends flawlessly, lasts all day, doesn't break down into my pores or make me look like a grease ball. One Step has a great gel/cream texture, not siliconey at all! It blends in great and seems to balance my skin perfectly. I think if you're really oily this might not work as well for you, it's probably best for normal to normal dry skin types. I'm also not convinced the color correcting aspect of this is the best but it does seem my skin tone looks a touch more even when I'm wearing it. The clear bottle and pump are wonderful. One pump is the perfect amount for me and you can see exactly how much is left. I'm really glad I went out on a limb and tried this.

on 2/28/2017 6:04:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Holy grail primer, I've tried a lot of primers and this is the only one I love and truly makes a difference. It evens out my skin tone so well and makes me skin look brighter and fresher. I love the packaging so you don't waste a drop and can see exactly how many more uses you have out of it.

on 1/15/2017 2:58:00 PM

when i would wear this product i got complimented on my complexion. i have acne but this product was gentle and did not cause further irritation. its smooth and doesnt cause flakes when rubbed into the skin unlike the smashbox green correcting cream. would buy again but the price stops me

on 7/6/2016 10:58:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

This product is a fail. It leaves a white cast, it will not make your make-up last longer, and it is very pore clogging. I am currently living in a tropical climate and my make-up will last about 4 hours max with this primer. I consider this a pointless product. The only thing to love about this product is the packaging.

on 5/26/2016 6:23:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

This is a pretty product, and a pretty high price. It gives me a greenish hue that makes me look ill, but as I'm always going to put foundation etc on top of it I don't find this to be an issue. Perhaps people with problems with redness will benefit more from this. It didn't really do anything to help correct my pores or fine lines. It didn't make it particularly easier to apply foundation either. I quite like the feel of this on my skin and it does seem to help my foundation stay on just a little longer.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

I too was a bit underwhelmed with this product by Stila. I bought it on a whim to see if I could incorporate it into my daily routine and aside from its neat look and having a pump action dispensary bottle I cannot recommend it very much.

Blending the product on my face was a drag; I really had to work it for a bit to get rid of the pasty white cast it left on my skin and to allow the other pigments to 'correct' for my slight redness (on my cheeks and nose mostly) but the effect was minimal. On top of that it made me look glossy and shiny, not plump or dewy with a natural look. While I think it sure beats the "pure silicone' feel of many other make up primers out there it simply didn't look well as a single layer on my face and I wouldn't go out with nothing else on. Too bad!

on 2/26/2016 9:53:00 PM

I purchased due to a good deal, it was burried for months before i decided to give it a good try. The color mixes well and goes on my skin pretty smooth, does not leave skin greasy. I would even do as far as saying it somewhat gives my skin a matte look. My biggest pro of the product is the oil control. Normaly id have to blot after 1 hour after makeup application ( oil control make up of course) and with this primer the hours pass and my fave looks matte. After a week of using it...ive decided to but the full size. Although i do think it does leave a grayinsh tint on my face....but nothing a little bronzer cant help.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure