Lancome Teint Miracle Radiant Foundation

3.9

Active Ingredients: Octinoxate 3%. Inactive Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Alcohol Denat, Phenyl Trimethicone, Glycerin, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Bis-PEG/PPG-14/14 Dimethicone, PEG/PPG/Polybutylene Glycol-8/5/3 Glycerin, Rosa Gallica Flower Extract, Talc, Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Polyglycerin-3 Crosspolymer, Methicone, Alumina, Aluminum Hydroxide, Magnesium Sulfate, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Ethylhexyl Hydroxystearate, Polyethylene Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate; May Contain: Red 28 Lake, Red 7, Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Blue 1 Lake, Bismuth Oxychloride, Iron Oxides.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This is a really lovely dewy foundation. It works well for my combo skin- I found it very kind to my dry/textured patches, something that is my main 'rule out' for foundations. Just about everything I try looks too textured on the brow area, but this actually makes it look slightly better than without any foundation at all. For oily areas it performed surprisingly well too. I use quite a bit of powder to set this initially (A personal preference, I just don't like feeling *that* dewy) but it still looks nice and smooth under it. I had to re-powder the sides of my nose every 5 hour or so which is more than my previous matte foundation, although it is more that you can see a little more shine than the actual makeup 'sliding off', which is usually what happens in my case.

The coverage is a buildable medium. I like applying it with washed hands first for a lighter coverage where I don't need much then applying more with a beauty blender to my dark circles and redness on my nose/cheeks. I found it went on streaky with a dense oval brush, nicely with a buffing brush and brilliantly with hands or a beauty blender.

My only point of contention with Teint Miracle is the shades. Ideally what I'd use is something pale and neutral-cool. The 005 (lightest available) is just too dark for my skin, and a little too yellow. The 007 (lightest rose) is far too pink and even a little darker than the 005. The formula oxidises slightly too (nothing crazy though) so it is a whole shade too dark for me by the end of the day. I'm just a little lighter (not even half a shade) than Mac's NC10, so be prepared to buy a white mixer like I did if you are around that or even lighter! The 005 is a little warm too, so if you are *very* cool toned it might not work for you either. It's just such a shame because lancome DO have a really nice cooler toned light shade in the Teint Idole range which was too drying a formula for me (008 beige opale). I'm very much not a dark skinned lass, so I can't say if this is just a fluke in the range that happens to be relevant to me or if the range focuses too much towards the middle of the skin spectrum generally.

Despite the colour issues, I'm more than happy to work with the product to suit it to me because the formula is just so perfect for combo skin (or, well, my type of combo skin. Very oily folks might have more issues with it). I have been through maybe 35 sample of different foundations since I found out my old one was being discontinued and this is really just such a fabulous formula.

I have extremely dry skin with a lot of flakiness, and this foundation emphasizes the dryness more than anything I have tried before. I found a decent color match, and the coverage evens out my multi-colored skin, but the finish is quite matte and not at all what I look for in a foundation. I've tried it with and without primers, and I can't make it work for me. I also suspect it contributed to some breakouts. I'll be returning it.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I'm always hunting for the best foundation for my skin. I'm mid-sixties but look mid-forties (yes, really!). I battled acne most of my life and have it tamed to an occasional pimple, but I'm very reactive and if my skin doesn't like something I'm using, I break out. I went to Ulta this morning to see if they had something great but a little cheaper than Lancome, and specifically asked about a Tarte product, saying that I'm always looking for something better. The SA looked at me and said, "What you have on now is gorgeous." And I hadn't revealed what I had on today. So, yes, I purchased the Tarte Confidence Creamy Powder Foundation, mainly because it gets incredibly good reviews, but Lancome Teint Miracle stays very high on my "repurchase" list. Some reviewers have complained that it doesn't work for oily skin because it has a dewy finish, but it looks fabulous on my oily skin.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

Finish - Dewy. Gives a very beautiful dewy and healthy glow. Also does a good job at covering pores to make your face seem flawless.

Coverage- Light-Medium. Buildable without getting cakey, but does not completely cover acne/scarring to be considered high coverage.

Staying Power- Average. I was a little less than impressed with the staying power which is why it is not quite HG-worthy for me, even though it has come pretty close. After about 4 hours, it starts to get oily and streaks a little.

Pros: did not break me out, has very beautiful packaging.

Overall: It's a decent foundation and I may repurchase if I can't find anything better, but I'm constantly on the look out for a foundation that can offer a beautiful finish and has amazing staying power.

I love this foundation, my skin looks flawless and smooth. Although light weight foundation give only light to medium coverage it suit anyone who wants your skin to looks natural. So I highly recommend this foundation, it's one of my favorite foundation

First things first, I just have to say WOW! This is a great foundation. I wouldn't say it's holy grail for a couple reasons (I'll get to that) but I think it's very close to it. I've been on the hunt for the perfect foundation, I'm pale with yellow undertones (hard to accommodate for), and have dry skin. Generally, I like medium coverage foundations. So let's get to the pros and cons. The price of this foundation is $57 Australian dollars. This is not cheap, but isn't crazy expensive. Considering most drugstore foundations are around $30, and some of the top range ones around $90-100, this is middle market price but for a luxury effect. This is so moisturising! It feels like applying skincare, even with the formula being oil-free. The finish is probably a dewy-satin finish, (my face!) and when used with powder (Rimmel Insta Fix + Go) it becomes a soft matte. This illuminates the face and is so beautiful. My only complaint is that the colour selection isn't amazing in between tones, there are lots of options for my darker skinned hunnies, but in terms of undertones, each shade is quite different. For example, I am shade 010, a yellowy-neutral colour which is maybe half a shade too dark for me (won't be a prob in summer though), but 000 was a light colour with a pink undertone. What?! So -1 lippie for that. However, this is good value, looks beautiful all day and will get you so many compliments on your skin. Not oily, but still moisturising, I would really recommend you try and get a sample of this one. ***Note: the fragrance is quite strong for first 10 minutes, so be wary of this if you have sensitive skin or are sensitive to fragrance!***

After playing with all the current Lancome foundations this one looked the best in swatches so I got samples of Teint Miracle in 01 and 03 (for when I'm pale and for when I'm tan). The color blends nicely and adapts to a certain degree, so it doesn't look mismatched at all. It does oxidize to a bit deeper shade on skin though. Application is easy, with any brush or beauty blender, no issues there. I also loved the finish, my first reaction was - 'so pretty!', it's not full-on dewy finish, but satin luminous. I wouldn't say it gives that 'your skin but better' finish, it still looks like makeup, but in a good way. The pamphlet on white light reproduction on skin is on to something. Coverage is decent, quite high, but not quite full. Applied with a brush it covers most of the uneven tone and redness, with beauty blender the cover is more medium-sheer. It's not enough to fully hide dark circles or acne, but I don't think it claims that. Doesn't instantly settle in pores and doesn't grab on to any drier patches, so that's a huge plus. The downfall is the lasting power and how it behaves on skin during the day. It goes from satin luminous to shiny within 2 hours. I tried it with a few different sunscreens and moisturizers, even a matte one that usually serves as decent base and on bare skin, but the result eventually is the same, 2-3 hours and it needs blotting or powder (both talc and silica based), and neither helps much. It turns shiny soon after. While it doesn't separate into an absolute greasy mess, after those 2-3 hours the flaws it hid start peeking though again and then it settles into creases, despite setting powder. I never expect 15h continuous coverage, very few foundations can actually deliver that promise, but Teint Miracle falls short of even lasting for 6-8 hours. It also transfers heavily onto fabrics. Another thing is that I couldn't comfortably use it around eyes, it's either the idiotic inclusion of a outdated UVB filter or the Lancome-typical fragrance, but it irritates my eyes a bit. Summary: Teint Miracle looks wonderful on my skin for the shortest while and then decays rapidly.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Pro:
-1 fl oz with a pump, able to see the color of the product
-medium and build-able coverage
-Once it's set with a powder, it is long lasting.

Con:
-strong fragrance
- finish is too dewy and must be set with powder

I found this foundation very similar to Dior forever skin. Even the scent is quite similar. I would say this foundation is mediocre for its price. I would not purchase the foundation again since I believe it has been discontinued anyways.

May be it is ment to be for younger skins. Being 35 and having bought this product for every day use, I got really disappointed. It does not last at all, (i did not expect coverage anyway, and you should better not expect it as well) For such a price, I expected higher quality than a drug store make up, which I found not.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure