no images

package quality

price range

Reviews

3 years ago

I have tried a handful of ELF brushes, some I really like, others are just okay for me. Many of the ones that I have purchased are in the dollar range, and I find them to be just okay. Though I have a few others that were higher prices but are definitely among my favorite ELF brushes. Kabuki brush - one of my all time favorite brushes, use for all over face. My only beef is that it's harder to clean than some of my other brushes Angled blush brush - one of my go to's for my daily highlighter, it's all black, nice and soft but effective, use this one a lot Eyeshadow C brush - nice brush to have for applying lid color, all black and seems to be durable Eyeshadow brush - white handle, not bad for applying lid color but prefer the C brush, bristles are a little stiffer Defining Eye brush - white handle, nice for outer corner work, brushes are a hair stiffer than black brushes Eye crease brush - white handle, more pointed for detailed crease work Blending eye brush - white handle, blends okay At first I really liked the dollar brushes with the white handle, but after trying other brushes I find these are just okay. I find they are stiffer than other brushes I have purchased since and I just don't use these as much. If you are looking for a cheapie travel set, these may fit the bill. I find that I use these when experimenting with different eye looks but they don't get as much use as my other brushes. If you have young ones that are just getting into makeup and are looking for brushes to practice with, these would work for that purpose as well. I have several nieces that will be getting into makeup in the next few years, they may be the recipients of these as they play around with colors. My definite favorites from ELF are the Kabuki, angled blush brush and the eyeshadow C brush. I have already purchased a second Kabuki brush and would likely grab another blush brush as well. The other ones are just okay and I would not repurchase, but they are inexpensive so if you try them out and get some duds you aren't out a ton of money at least. I give them 4 stars overall, some are great, others are "meh".

About reviewer (168 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Other, Not Sure

HairBrown, Other, Other

4 years ago

I have been using ELF brushes for about 5 years now. I purchased the 11pc Studio set and have expanded it over time. I'm just now having to replace a couple of them. The key is keeping them clean. I use 1 part olive oil, 2 parts dish soap. The price on the Studio line brushes is excellent!

About reviewer (26 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinDry, Fair, Warm

HairBrown, Straight, Fine

EyesBrown

4 years ago

I love these brushes! ESP the studio 1s for $3 & now the better 1s are $6 still reasonable & THEY DO NOT SHED! That's the greatest thing about them besides their affordable price is well yasseee I had a couple of Revlon brushes & they shed all over the place both over $10 I'll take my elf $6 brushes over them any day, really disappointed in those Revlon brushes btw fwiw but yassss elf is 1 of my fave brands in general this & wetnwild are my fave DS brands I like some NYX but it's more $$$ these brushes are def worth checking out but get the 1s w the black handles coz they are the better 1s.

About reviewer (2417 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinOther, Other, Not Sure

HairOther, Other, Other

EyesOther

7 years ago

I really love the elf makeup brushes, they are amazing for the price. (EXCEPT FOR THE TOTAL FACE BRUSH)

About reviewer (33 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinAcne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Curly, Medium

EyesBrown

7 years ago

I've used most of the E.L.F brushes at least once, from the Essential, Studio and Mineral lines and I definitely have many that I reach for over more expensive brands. I've found their smaller brushes, those designed for eyeshadow, liner and lips to be my favourite from between the 3 lines. If I had to pick my absolute favourites, they would be: 1) Studio: "Small Precision Brush": I love doing detailed eye looks, and this is great for getting cream colours exactly where I need them. I also love using it as an eye or lip liner brush or for filling my brows. For me, this is a multi-purpose brush. Soft bristles, but firm and small enough to get product where I want it. 2) Studio: "Small Smudge Brush": My gel/cream liners love this brush. The short, firm bristles get the liner exactly where I want it. I can use the tip to get a bolder line, or the edge to get a thinner liner look. As the name suggests, it's also great for smudging out liner for a more smokey look. I've used this as a lip brush as well. 3) Essential: "Eyeshadow Brush": For me, this is a great brush for packing on pigments. The brushes are sparse enough to be able to load up the product, but short enough to get it where you want to. It's also soft enough to be used as a blender brush, and I've often used mine to blend out the crease. I've purchased each of these multiple times (because I'm lazy about washing my brushes and like to have backups, not because they needed replacing) and each one lasts quite a few years. I've yet to throw one out because it broke. They all wash well, and, though I get a stray hair from the shadow brush once in a while, it's hardly a dealbreaker, especially for the price. I've used ELF face brushes in the past, but have found them to be a little more scratchy than I'd like, and have found better, softer ones that are only slightly more expensive, but much more available here in Canada. But for everyday makeup, if you know how to apply it properly, some of the brushes are great and, for the price, it can't hurt to try them.

About reviewer (104 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairRed, Wavy, Medium

EyesBlue

1.0

7 years ago

Hurts like hell like everyone of elf brushes (havent tried mineral brushes yet though). And most of them shed like crazy. Just wouldn't repurchase

About reviewer (108 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinOily, Tan, Warm

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

EyesBlack

3.0

7 years ago

I have mixed feelings toward the E.L.F. line, it is a nicely packaged, inexpensive line of products, but they can be hit or miss. The brushes are wonderful because you can easily replace them. Even the Studio line is so cheap you treat them as disposables if you get lazy about washing them. The worst in the Studio line for me is the Stipple brush. It is just awful. I haven't tried the small stipple brush yet, but the reviews on it are much better than the large.

About reviewer (197 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBlond

10 years ago

I know I'm a beginner with brushes, I've not used expensive brands, but since I own almost all of the ELF brushes I've not seen the need. You can find just about whatever brush you want between the regular and Studio lines, and they range between 1-6 dollars apiece. Don't be afraid to try a different use than prescribed for each brush- for instance I use the $1 eyeliner brush as a lip brush because it works that way for me. you can find a use for just about every brush, and a brush for just about every use, with some experimentation. You may want to upgrade later, but for starters, here's a great way to get away from silly foam applicators that come with products and get a more professional result with your makeup application without having to break the bank. Plus, you can throw in some cheap makeup with your order and not feel like you're splurging too much! Check reviews first before buying each product, as they are hit-or-miss for cosmetics, especially the dollar line.

About reviewer (30 reviews)

Age30-35