Rimmel Lash Accelerator Mascara

Rimmel Lash Accelerator Mascara

3.7

Water (Aqua), Pentylene Glycol, PVP, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Phenoxyethanol, Panthenol, Methylparaben, Disodium EDTA, PPG 26 Buteth 26, PEG 40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Arginine, Caffeine, Lithium Magnesium Sodium Silicate, Apigenin, Myristoyl Pentapeptide 17, Biotin, Hydrolyzed Keratin, Sodium Hyaluronate, Oleanic Acid, Biotinoyl Tripeptide 1, Sodium Sulfate, Potassium Sorbate, Bambusa Arundinacea (Bamboo) Leaf Extract, Sodium Benzoate

on 8/28/2016 6:19:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I bought this on clearance at Chemist Warehouse for $1.

I've had it unused in my makeup bag for so long, but only started using it when becoming fed up with my Estee Lauder Double Wear (great, but dull unless you add more coats)

I'm not a huge fan of Rimmel products. I used their BB cream in a younger, cheaper life, and it was drying. Their eye definer smudges so often that it doesn't define your eyes so much as your cheekbones and face too.

But this mascara is great for my stubby little lashes. They fan out with a coat of this. It is a bit clumpy, but I'm happy to pay that price. They definitely open my eyes up and add the tiniest hint of curl.

If it's still in stock I would definitely repurchase. I've used other Rimmel volume mascaras, like Sexy Curves and Scandaleyes, but this is better than all by far.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

It certainly made my lashes look longer, but it does nothing for volume or curl and even when I apply a thin coat my lashes lose their curl soon. I usually use it on top of another mascara to get more volume. It tends to clump a little when I apply a second coat but nothing that can't be fixed with an eyelash separator. I haven't noticed my eyelashes are any longer. Great for length, but I recommend using with another mascara.

To Read all 384 Reviews, Login or Join

on 6/29/2016 11:04:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

This is a pretty good mascara. It's not my favourite but of I had to it would do the job

on 1/8/2016 7:46:00 PM

I've used many different mascaras, and before this one I was a fan of the waterproof kind until I realized that I lost many of my precious eyelashes while trying to remove it every night. I confess I was a bit scared since I hadn't used this brand before, but it proved me wrong. I think it's great for daytime! It didn't make them grow but it certainly defined them and I didn't lose any of them, and what's better, it didn't irritate my eyes at the end of the day.

on 11/21/2015 8:23:00 AM

This mascara is one of my favourites because I am a fan of natural looking lashes for daytime wear. Clumpy and spidery lashes just don't cut it for me and this mascara helps me get the perfectly sleek look that I like. My only bone of contention with it is that it flakes a bit by the end of the day. However, I frankly don't know a non-waterproof mascara that doesn't- at least on my oily eye lids.
As far as lengthening claims go, it does make the lashes look longer for the time that I am wearing it , and have also noticed that they have grown a bit. It is not volumising or curling but that's fine with me as I use a lash curler to give my lashes a little lift after it has dried a little. It is a really nice high street mascara and those who like natural looking lashes will love it.

on 7/16/2015 7:30:00 AM

Does not work. You can barely tell that you applied anything. It also gets clumpy after 2nd coat

on 6/30/2015 9:37:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I wanted to like this. I like the brush, and the application wasn't bad, my lashes had more length and a bit more volume. I love the idea that this might be good for my lashes too! But it flaked so bad and I had raccoon eyes before the end of the day. I also found it made my eyes very itchy (likely from the flaking). Would not repurchase.

on 6/15/2015 9:42:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

its a pretty good lengthening mascara and not too expensive. i like the brush because you can reapply without clumping. it does add a little volume too.

I want to add a tip on the application of this mascara. I have found that Lash Accelerator Mascara does not hold a curl very well due to it's wettish consistency. But if after applying this mascara you wait several minutes for it to dry and then curl - removing the eyelash curler very gently - the curl will hold the entire day!

I purchased this mascara after noticing that my lashes had started falling out and breaking off after going through a streak of drunken weekends in which I would not wash off my mascara at night (huge mistake, I know). Tried this out in a panic and I'm so happy I did. I love this product! I have only been using it for three weeks now but I definitely see results in my lashes. I wear it alone during the day when I'm just lounging around or doing errands and don't need anything fancy, and then under my normal mascara (maybelline the falsies) when I'm going out at night and want a bolder lash.

Another tip to try if you are trying to grow stronger/fuller lashes is to put some vitamin E oil on your lashes at night! Vaseline works great too! They act as conditioners and strengthen your lashes overnight!