Cover Girl Lash Blast Volume

Cover Girl Lash Blast Volume

3.9

Water, Glyceryl Stearate, Ammonium Acrylates Copolymer, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Propylene Glycol, Stearic Acid, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Triethanolamine, Acrylates Copolymer, Synthetic Wax, Polyvinyl Alcohol, Lecithin, Propylene Carbonate, Polyethylene, Oleic Acid, Alcohol Denat., Benzyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Xanthan Gum, Panthenol, Phenoxyethanol, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Trisodium EDTA, Simethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tocopherol, Iron Oxides. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Ultramarines.

on 12/14/2017 6:09:00 PM

This was no good for my straight asian eyelashes. I bought this because celebs like Shay Mitchell and Nina Dobrev wear it, but I didn't enjoy it myself. It's really more of a lash tint, it just darkened my lashes. It also didn't hold my curl very well. I think it'd be better for someone with naturally longer and fuller lashes because it would darken their lashes. As for myself, it didn't add any volume at all and no visible increase in length either. I returned this the next day.

The packaging gives me mixed feelings, it's sort of chunky so I don't necessarily like that it takes so much room in my makeup bag. I prefer a more sleek look. Something about the orange chunky looks reminds me of the makeup I used to play with as a kid... but I do know that a lot of my girls like the feel of a thicker tube like this one.

on 11/22/2017 3:48:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Lash Blast Volume impressed me but didn’t convince me. I was impressed by its ability: 1) to preserve some curl in my straight Asian lashes which I try to curl prior to application and 2) to survive my very oily skin and eyelids with only slight transfer to the outer half of one lower eyelid — very impressed!

Unfortunately, Lash Blast Volume does not deliver the volume, at least not with just one coat, and if I apply more than one coat, it clumps my lashes all together. For now, I’ll keep using it one coat at a time until I find a better formula.

on 8/11/2017 9:43:00 PM

Best for me of the drug stores mascaras. I have sparse lashes and this definitely gives them volume and length! Goes on thickly immediately, so no building needed for me and separates without clumping. It does rub off a little during the day, but happy otherwise.

on 6/2/2017 3:28:00 PM

Still my go to. I have full lashes so this looks natural but gives my lashes more volume. I also find it lasts the longest and doesn't leave specks of mascara on my cheeks after a long day.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

It nothing special. The brush is not really a brush. But it seems like you have to do a lot of coats to get anything and no volume to speak of. But ok for the natural look.

on 5/10/2017 12:14:00 AM

I put this mascara on in the morning and by the evening it is completely off my eyelashes I have never seen this happen in any other product it is completely gone I go to remove my make up at night and there is no mascara on my lashes to remove
This mascara completely evaporates into thin air at some point during the day but at night when I go to take it off there is no mascara there this product is the weirdest mascara when I put it on it looks fine but somewhere during the day it disappears right off my lashes

on 4/30/2017 1:24:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

I got this in a gift package from one of the clothing stores here in Montreal when I signed up for the membership card. So, first of the bat there's a strong alcohol smell. That's the reason I didn't like it much. The mascara does wonders to give length, volume and natural color to my pale lashes. I should love it....But there is a bit of tingly uncomfortable sensation like 5 minutes in. Having sensitive eye, I do not want to risk any irritation. I cleaned it shortly after...

I adore the effect it gives; amazing separation and length. But it does feel drying, and thus irritating. If you don't have sensitive eyes, gives this one a go. You 'll probably love it.

Yeah, I'm really liking this mascara. I didn't expect I would, since I get very good results with CG Professional Lash in the raspberry pink tube, but this one might have the edge.

The wand is thick, and the brush is fat, but I just handle them with a little care and I don't have any mistakes. Sweeping from the very bottom of the lash, turning the wand about three times, I get all of the product onto my lashes. There is some minor clumping, but my metal lash comb takes care of that. When you pull the wand out of the tube, there's usually a big clump or two of product clinging to it. But I thin out the mascara by keeping the closed tube in my bra or between my thighs (no jokes, please, lol) while I apply the rest of my makeup, and it takes care of that minor issue.

Looking in the mirror right now, I have some seriously full lashes...probably better than I've had before.

UPDATE:

After using for a few weeks, I'm not as impressed with this product as I was at the beginning. The formula has become very thick, sticky, and clumpy, and it's very hard to get the clumps out even with a metal lash comb. Also, I have long lashes, but for some crazy reason, this mascara makes them look shorter. I don't know how it happens. I understand this is a volume mascara, and not length, but no volume mascara ever had that effect before.

I'm sticking with my gold standard, CG Professional Super Thick Lash. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

on 3/19/2017 3:48:00 PM

I was really shocked by how much I liked this mascara! I used to love the old CG mascara in the blue tube but they discontinued it awhile ago and tried a few other CG mascaras that never hit the spot until lash blast. It applied nicely not too wet or dry and gave some nice volume without being clumpy. It isn't false lash effect or anything but really nice overal look. Can be used night or day because it lengthens, separates and give just enough volume oh and it doesn't flake! I bought this after watching a YouTube review on leighannsays (some of my HG came from her recommendations). The price is ok at $19 but wait for a sale. Who wants to pay full price when it goes on sale every other month! Try it you won't regret it.

on 3/17/2017 5:52:00 AM

Skin: Other, Other, Cool

Instantly made the curl (due to an eyelash curler) droop to where they were before I curled them. Booooo!