Cover Girl Lash Blast Volume

Cover Girl Lash Blast Volume

Water, Glyceryl Stearate, Ammonium Acrylates Copolymer, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Propylene Glycol, Stearic Acid, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Triethanolamine, Acrylates Copolymer, Synthetic Wax, Polyvinyl Alcohol, Lecithin, Propylene Carbonate, Polyethylene, Oleic Acid, Alcohol Denat., Benzyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Xanthan Gum, Panthenol, Phenoxyethanol, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Trisodium EDTA, Simethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tocopherol, Iron Oxides. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Ultramarines.

on 12/1/2016 1:51:00 AM

I love this mascara. It does the job. Gives me volume & length. Can clump a little but not too bad. I prefer reg vs waterproof (way easier for me to take off) but the waterproof does a noticeably better job even over one that already does a good job. Unfortunately I keep thinking something better is out there & instead of buying this one I end up trying 2 different ones every 4-6 months. What a waste of money & time. I'll just keep buying the CG last blast volume.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I remember loving the (original) Lash Blast back when it first hit the shelves, but my incessant need to try new makeup had it taking a back seat for the last couple years. Now I can firmly say, after trying this volumizing formula, that along with the Super Sizer this is probably my favorite drugstore mascara. Note to self: If a mascara works, stick with it!! I could've saved a lot of time and money over the years by just continuing to buy these. As they say, if it ain't broke..

Anyways, there are a number of reasons I have fallen in love with this mascara and just one very non-dealbreaking gripe. This does indeed build volume quickly, about as quickly as the Super Sizer, and I would say it lengthens well too. It holds a curl very, very well. There's absolutely no flaking or smudging even after 12+ hours which for me, is probably THE biggest deal and the factor that will normally "make it or break it" as far as mascaras go.

The price is totally affordable, around $8-$9 and continually on sale. The only area that requires a bit of finesse is the wand, which is on the thicker side and can smear if you're in a hurry and used to using the skinny mascara wands that are currently trending. I was out of practice in using this, and have the occasional smearing episode but it is easily remedied and the pros still far outweigh the cons.

I am very pleased with this mascara, and along with the Super Professional Lash and Super Sizer mascaras (both also by Cover Girl- they must be doing something right over there), this is a fabulous mascara to stock up on during your next visit to the drugstore if you are a fan of a bold lash look with no smudging.

on 8/10/2016 10:19:00 PM

Covergirl Lashblast Volume is an iconic mascara. It comes in a big orange tube, the kind you can throw in your handbag and never lose. The brush is quite large and made of plastic. The 'spikes' are quite short, but there are plenty of them. The large brush is still easy to use, even on my small eyes, and I put this down to the shortness of the 'spikes'. I simply use one coat of this mascara, and it provides both length and volume to my lashes. It makes my eyes pop and makes me look very bright-eyed and awake. It is great for everyday looks, as it enhances your eyes without making you look very 'made up'. It enhances your eyelashes, though for evenings out I prefer a mascara which provides a bit more of a dramatic false-eyelash look. Lashblast Volume though has a great formula which applies easily, dries quickly and lasts all day without smudging or smearing - even in the heat. This is a great mascara and I would recommend it to anyone wanting to make their eyes pop.

on 8/9/2016 4:20:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I love the brush from this mascara. It separates my lashes wonderfully.

I can layer multiple coats, and get very full thick lashes.

The darkest black color is super dark, not a charcoal color.

I get some lash loss every time I use this mascara, so I can't use it very often. Not enough for me to stop using it ever, but enough that I won't use it more than once a week, for fear my lashes will all fall out.

I save it for special occasions, which means I use it a couple times before I have to throw it away due to its age.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I'm obsessed with trying out mascaras and this one gives more length and fullness than any other has for me. It sometimes takes an annoying amount of time to get my lashes to reach the full thickness that I try for but its its always worth it. As for length, a couple of applied swipes makes me look alive and awake.

on 6/12/2016 1:53:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

I've been using this mascara for a few years now. I got tired of testing out mascaras only to repurchase this one. I guess I use it not for what it does, but what it doesn't do. It doesn't flake, smudge, or clump. I curl my lashes after I put on mascara because I can't get them to hold a curl any other way. That causes other mascaras to flake but this one doesn't. It doesn't give my lashes much volume, though. Maybe next time I'll try one of the other CG volumizing mascaras but I'll always have one of these in my drawer. I gave it 4 lippies and not 5 because it doesn't give the volume that it promises.

on 6/7/2016 9:00:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Holy Grail mascara for me! I luv everything about this mascara. It coats my lashes nicely and doesn't clump or flake. I can use one coat for a everyday look or amp it up for more length and some volume. I also often use it first before adding another mascara for maximum effect. It's such a great base.

on 5/30/2016 8:21:00 PM

I've tried both the regular and waterproof version of this mascara. The regular version preforms better , its very black , it thickens and seprates the lashes gives length. Even tho the waterproof holds a curl a bit better the formula is very different, it clumps and leaves my lashes feeling hard. Also it's difficult to remove and has in the past made my lashes fall =( I have somewhat long but very straight lashes and much prefer the regular version.

My friend recommended this to me after I complimented her mascara--and I'm in love. I liked other CoverGirl mascaras, but this one really takes the cake. For less than $10, it's a versatile, sensitive-skin friendly, staying mascara. I've worn this to the gym, and it will BARELY smudge after a work out. For a non-waterproof mascara, that's great! You can put just a little on for a natural look, or pile it up without it looking clumpy in a gross way--just more dramatic! I've used black and very black, both are amazing.

Also, one of my favorite things about this mascara is how easy it does come off when you want to remove it. With other mascaras I woke up with little raccoon eyes because the product didn't come off all the way with makeup remover, but that's not an issue with this product. Awesome drugstore mascara!!

I always keep coming back to this mascara. I use the waterproof version. It's a bit too wet at first but then dries a bit after 3 weeks of everyday use and that's when it's the best. It thickens, adds volume and lengthens. If you want more drama, pull up your eyelid and add more coats. Best to curl your lashes before. It's been out on the market for 10 years now so if it didn't sell well, Covergirl would of discontinued it long time ago like they always do to their products. I always keep trying other mascaras but Covergirl always wins.
By the way, if Covergirl isn't sold in your country, try Max Factor falsh lash effect mascara, it's the exact same thing, in fact Covergirl and Max Factor products are pretty much the same.