Cover Girl Lash Blast Volume

Cover Girl Lash Blast Volume

Water, Glyceryl Stearate, Ammonium Acrylates Copolymer, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Propylene Glycol, Stearic Acid, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Triethanolamine, Acrylates Copolymer, Synthetic Wax, Polyvinyl Alcohol, Lecithin, Propylene Carbonate, Polyethylene, Oleic Acid, Alcohol Denat., Benzyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Xanthan Gum, Panthenol, Phenoxyethanol, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Trisodium EDTA, Simethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tocopherol, Iron Oxides. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Ultramarines.

on 6/12/2016 1:53:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

I've been using this mascara for a few years now. I got tired of testing out mascaras only to repurchase this one. I guess I use it not for what it does, but what it doesn't do. It doesn't flake, smudge, or clump. I curl my lashes after I put on mascara because I can't get them to hold a curl any other way. That causes other mascaras to flake but this one doesn't. It doesn't give my lashes much volume, though. Maybe next time I'll try one of the other CG volumizing mascaras but I'll always have one of these in my drawer. I gave it 4 lippies and not 5 because it doesn't give the volume that it promises.

on 6/7/2016 9:00:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Holy Grail mascara for me! I luv everything about this mascara. It coats my lashes nicely and doesn't clump or flake. I can use one coat for a everyday look or amp it up for more length and some volume. I also often use it first before adding another mascara for maximum effect. It's such a great base.

To Read all 431 Reviews, Login or Join

on 5/30/2016 8:21:00 PM

I've tried both the regular and waterproof version of this mascara. The regular version preforms better , its very black , it thickens and seprates the lashes gives length. Even tho the waterproof holds a curl a bit better the formula is very different, it clumps and leaves my lashes feeling hard. Also it's difficult to remove and has in the past made my lashes fall =( I have somewhat long but very straight lashes and much prefer the regular version.

My friend recommended this to me after I complimented her mascara--and I'm in love. I liked other CoverGirl mascaras, but this one really takes the cake. For less than $10, it's a versatile, sensitive-skin friendly, staying mascara. I've worn this to the gym, and it will BARELY smudge after a work out. For a non-waterproof mascara, that's great! You can put just a little on for a natural look, or pile it up without it looking clumpy in a gross way--just more dramatic! I've used black and very black, both are amazing.

Also, one of my favorite things about this mascara is how easy it does come off when you want to remove it. With other mascaras I woke up with little raccoon eyes because the product didn't come off all the way with makeup remover, but that's not an issue with this product. Awesome drugstore mascara!!

I always keep coming back to this mascara. I use the waterproof version. It's a bit too wet at first but then dries a bit after 3 weeks of everyday use and that's when it's the best. It thickens, adds volume and lengthens. If you want more drama, pull up your eyelid and add more coats. Best to curl your lashes before. It's been out on the market for 10 years now so if it didn't sell well, Covergirl would of discontinued it long time ago like they always do to their products. I always keep trying other mascaras but Covergirl always wins.
By the way, if Covergirl isn't sold in your country, try Max Factor falsh lash effect mascara, it's the exact same thing, in fact Covergirl and Max Factor products are pretty much the same.

on 4/28/2016 2:42:00 PM

This little cheapie does a bang-up job.

Price: I think I paid $7 at Target. Cue sigh of relief from my wallet, as this was a replacement for a $28 Bobbi Brown version.

Packaging: I find the orange tube to be a little bulbous. Whatever, it's mascara and it's Cover Girl.

Product: I really don't have one bad thing to say about this. You can't beat the price, and it certainly makes it a LOT easier to toss if you're a stickler for expiration or have a contamination problem (I have young children, so I find I'm cycling through makeup a lot more quickly than when I did not). It doesn't give me raccoon eyes when I sweat and comes off cleanly with my evening cleansing (I cannot say the same for other high-end mascaras I have used *coughLancomecough*). It doesn't irritate my contact lenses. My lashes are a decent length and fullness without mascara and this stuff gives them just a little oomph (after curling, of course!). This gives very nice, even coverage for my work makeup. (For evening / special events, I do go back to Lancome Definicils, then curse at the amount of effort required to remove it). I like this better than the pink-green tube Maybelline, which had long been my go-to in a pinch (while I was saving up to replace BB in the past?). I even bought a spare to keep in my work bag. Well done, Cover Girl!

on 4/14/2016 6:10:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I revisited this good old standby which I have used off and on for years. It's a good basic mascara which doesn't clump or flake. It gives decent thickness, darkness and definition to upper and lower lashes. It doesn't give much added length but gives me pretty thick lashes without hassle. I remember using this when I was in a hurry because it is so straightforward and the lashes can be done in seconds. However, it's a daytime look and not dramatic or lush.

on 4/14/2016 12:27:00 PM

This mascara is fine -- except for the GIANT WAND that cannot get at the lashes in the corner of my eyes without creating a giant mess. So frustrating!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is in my top 3 of favorite mascaras.the waterproof version doesn't perform as well. But the regular version is fantastic! I get massive volume with this mascara, almost never any clumps at all. Seriously black and it actually curls my lashes for me. So much thickness I can feel the extra weight. The only mascara that checks off all those boxes out of all my 15 mascaras. Love it. I've bought this one several times over the years and have yet to find its match. The only ones that come close for me are Urban Decay Perversion and L'Oréal voluminous million lashes. The only problem I have is getting it on my upper lid during application. But that's almost an every mascara type of problem. The only kind of brush that doesn't do that is a thick bristle brush such as maybelline colossal, which I also totally love. I do recommend this because it gives me more oomph than any other for a very nice price!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I adore this mascara. My lashes aren't particularly short or sparse since I use careprost, but this definitely makes the most of them. It gives great volume, layers well and very rarely clumps, which I suspect is due to the brush. It doesn't do too much for length but I can't fault it for that because its advertised as a volumizing mascara. I have no issues with flaking or smudging, and it easily stays put for 16 hours. This may not be the most "dramatic" mascara for those of you looking for a night time look (I personally use Benefit's They're Real when going out), but as far as an everyday mascara this one is fantastic.