Cover Girl Lash Blast Volume

Cover Girl Lash Blast Volume

Water, Glyceryl Stearate, Ammonium Acrylates Copolymer, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Propylene Glycol, Stearic Acid, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Triethanolamine, Acrylates Copolymer, Synthetic Wax, Polyvinyl Alcohol, Lecithin, Propylene Carbonate, Polyethylene, Oleic Acid, Alcohol Denat., Benzyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Xanthan Gum, Panthenol, Phenoxyethanol, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Trisodium EDTA, Simethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tocopherol, Iron Oxides. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Ultramarines.

Yeah, I'm really liking this mascara. I didn't expect I would, since I get very good results with CG Professional Lash in the raspberry pink tube, but this one might have the edge.

The wand is thick, and the brush is fat, but I just handle them with a little care and I don't have any mistakes. Sweeping from the very bottom of the lash, turning the wand about three times, I get all of the product onto my lashes. There is some minor clumping, but my metal lash comb takes care of that. When you pull the wand out of the tube, there's usually a big clump or two of product clinging to it. But I thin out the mascara by keeping the closed tube in my bra or between my thighs (no jokes, please, lol) while I apply the rest of my makeup, and it takes care of that minor issue.

Looking in the mirror right now, I have some seriously full lashes...probably better than I've had before.

UPDATE:

After using for a few weeks, I'm not as impressed with this product as I was at the beginning. The formula has become very thick, sticky, and clumpy, and it's very hard to get the clumps out even with a metal lash comb. Also, I have long lashes, but for some crazy reason, this mascara makes them look shorter. I don't know how it happens. I understand this is a volume mascara, and not length, but no volume mascara ever had that effect before.

I'm sticking with my gold standard, CG Professional Super Thick Lash. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

on 3/19/2017 3:48:00 PM

I was really shocked by how much I liked this mascara! I used to love the old CG mascara in the blue tube but they discontinued it awhile ago and tried a few other CG mascaras that never hit the spot until lash blast. It applied nicely not too wet or dry and gave some nice volume without being clumpy. It isn't false lash effect or anything but really nice overal look. Can be used night or day because it lengthens, separates and give just enough volume oh and it doesn't flake! I bought this after watching a YouTube review on leighannsays (some of my HG came from her recommendations). The price is ok at $19 but wait for a sale. Who wants to pay full price when it goes on sale every other month! Try it you won't regret it.

on 3/17/2017 5:52:00 AM

Skin: Other, Other, Cool

Instantly made the curl (due to an eyelash curler) droop to where they were before I curled them. Booooo!

on 3/15/2017 3:35:00 PM

I don't have a strong opinion on this mascara. I love the wand, it does give my eyelashes some volume and it doesn't smudge much. However it does tend to make my lashes look kind of spidery which I don't really like. I hate the bright orange color of the packaging! Overall, not bad but not good either. This was my first mascara from Covergirl and probably my last.

on 3/1/2017 3:03:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I didn't enjoy this mascara as much as I usually enjoy covergirl mascara. The formula is very wet and easy to make a mess and the wand doesn't do much for me.

on 3/1/2017 12:55:00 AM

I jumped from using Maybelline's Great Lash to this one because I wanted my lashes to look a little fuller and this one was all the rage. I loved the big brush, but found that this mascara gave me length (which surprisingly I don't need) and dried out very very quickly.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This is a great affordable drug store mascara that makes your lashes look full and longer. When I wore it with no other eye make up,a make up artist who also worked as a market cashier,told me I have really beautiful big eyes,so did a medical assistant.

on 12/10/2016 4:17:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Lol I was searching for a new mascara & forgot I ordered this. By the time I received it, I already replaced it with L'Oreal's waterproof Voluminous Million Lashes which is my new HG!

This mascara (compared to L'Oreal's) is just sad. CoverGirl's mascara lacks volume, I don't like the short-bristled brush, and only offers minimal definition w/ 1 application.

Not repurchasing!

on 12/1/2016 1:51:00 AM

I love this mascara. It does the job. Gives me volume & length. Can clump a little but not too bad. I prefer reg vs waterproof (way easier for me to take off) but the waterproof does a noticeably better job even over one that already does a good job. Unfortunately I keep thinking something better is out there & instead of buying this one I end up trying 2 different ones every 4-6 months. What a waste of money & time. I'll just keep buying the CG last blast volume.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I remember loving the (original) Lash Blast back when it first hit the shelves, but my incessant need to try new makeup had it taking a back seat for the last couple years. Now I can firmly say, after trying this volumizing formula, that along with the Super Sizer this is probably my favorite drugstore mascara. Note to self: If a mascara works, stick with it!! I could've saved a lot of time and money over the years by just continuing to buy these. As they say, if it ain't broke..

Anyways, there are a number of reasons I have fallen in love with this mascara and just one very non-dealbreaking gripe. This does indeed build volume quickly, about as quickly as the Super Sizer, and I would say it lengthens well too. It holds a curl very, very well. There's absolutely no flaking or smudging even after 12+ hours which for me, is probably THE biggest deal and the factor that will normally "make it or break it" as far as mascaras go.

The price is totally affordable, around $8-$9 and continually on sale. The only area that requires a bit of finesse is the wand, which is on the thicker side and can smear if you're in a hurry and used to using the skinny mascara wands that are currently trending. I was out of practice in using this, and have the occasional smearing episode but it is easily remedied and the pros still far outweigh the cons.

I am very pleased with this mascara, and along with the Super Professional Lash and Super Sizer mascaras (both also by Cover Girl- they must be doing something right over there), this is a fabulous mascara to stock up on during your next visit to the drugstore if you are a fan of a bold lash look with no smudging.

Popular Mascaras