Cover Girl Exact Eyelights Eyeliner - Radiant Sapphire

No Image

3.6

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I am quite underwhelmed by is liner. The formula is so dry that it really pulls at the lid upon application, making it a bit difficult and not smooth to apply. Being so dry, I would have thought that it would set and last well, but unfortunately it is also very prone to smudging and moving - and I don't even have oily lids/rims (I never typically have this problem with other liners, even very creamy ones). The color is fine, a deep blue, but again, it doesn't apply evenly, so I felt I had to go over spots a few times to get a clean/even line. Navy & marine liners usually look good on me (fair skin, blue eyes) & do usually brighten my eyes, but this one did not & I can't tell why this is the case. So, no brightening or opening effect, despite the product name/claim. Is it a horrible liner? No. But is it a good liner? No.

I would suggest to anyone to skip this liner, and try any other one. Rimmel pencil liners are so much better, for about the same price (maybe even less expensive), as are Physicians Formula... And so many others.

Awesome eyeliner! I got this over a year ago and it is still going strong, and I use this about 4-5 times a week. That is the very best part of it, is that it lasts forever! It goes on very easily. I used to use it on my top lashline, but now I stick too just the waterline that looks very nice. The only con about this liner is the packaging. It looks nice, and was durable-ish at first but recently the top keeps going off and the end sharpener won't stay on.

on 6/9/2012 11:53:00 AM

I really love this eyeliner! I have blue eyes and I wouldn't say that it necessarily makes them stand out any more than say a black eyeliner but I really love the subtle blue colour in them and it goes nicely with my skin tone. You get the darker effect of a black eyeliner without it being too harsh. The packaging is very good, just a retractable eyeliner and I find that it goes on very easily. The only problem I notice is that after a school day of wearing this eyeliner it tends to smudge off the inner corners of my eye on my top lids (probably because I have fairly oily skin). Cover girl is one of my favorite brands and I would recommend this eyeliner to anyone!

Okay dark blue liner. It does not enhance the eyes very well but it still looks good. That's probably because I do not have the correct prerequisite eye color, though. It's not very good for the waterline- instantly washes away. It glides on relatively smoothly, but the color intensity takes a few tries to build up. That, for me, kind of is a time waster. I love that it's got a retractable quality to it, so that's one less liner to sharpen. It does break easily and the packaging breaks easily too (the twisting thing broke so now I have a hard time with it not sliding out back and forth), so I would not really suggest it if your liner will face a possibility of being dropped multiple times. The price is okay, like $7 and you get a good amount of it. Overall, it is a decent eyeliner, nothing special though.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I really like this eyeliner, and I think it goes great with the coordinating mascara in black sapphire and my Almay intense I-color trio for blues (#032). All of these products in conjunction with one another really make my blue-green eyes pop! This liner is also good on it's own, and I especially like that it goes well with my cool skintone. I'm also happy that this liner comes with it's own sharpener so that I can make a very precise line on my top lid and I even am able to wing it a bit. It really has the same intensity as liquid eyeliner and is much easier to apply. I also wanted to state that I hardly ever wear eyeliner on my waterline because I find that it smudges and runs, but I find this particular eyeliner works wonders on the lash line and waterline alike! (NOTE: I use primer on my lids and a little under my eye to intensify the eyeliner and keep it from smudging or wearing off for 8+ hours. )

this eyeliner is really good. I dont use it on my models, but i use it nearly all the time. it goes on really well. i have it in radient sapphire because obviously, i have blue eyes. but i think i might stick to black/dark brown eyeliner because the blue really does stand out, and doesnt look too good with black mascara. the consistancy is amzingly creamy. deffinatley a purchase again :)

on 9/10/2010 11:22:00 AM

This is supposed to enhance blue eyes, and since my eyes are an odd shade of pale green/blue I thought it would bring out the blue. It didnít. It is a perfectly usable eyeliner though, not too bright but more of a dark navy with a hint of teal. It made my eye color kinda blah so I wonít be buying again. It does have a lot of pigment, and glides on very smoothly. I am trying other colors but this is one I wonít be buying again.