China Glaze Mummy May I

China Glaze Mummy May I

3.5

on 6/12/2011 11:37:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I absolutely adore this shade! I'm a big glitter fan, so when I saw this being released, I was all over it even before seeing it in person. On a whim, I ordered 2 figuring a deep fuschia/purple glitter would be worthy of having a back up ... and was I ever right!!

This on it's own requires a few coats to go opaque ... but application is flawless as with most China Glaze polishes, and where this really shines is as a layering shade over a complimentary color. All in all .... I love this one. Another winner from China Glaze! continued >>

on 6/12/2011 11:28:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Mostly just wasn't what I expected. Super sheer and doesn't build as well as I would like, and the color . . . while it may be unique, ultimately I'm not so sure it's worth it. I was expecting something more shimmery and with more depth. Ultimately, I may be the one at fault, though. More and more I'm starting to supsect that I only think I like dark colors. I own a bunch, but I always seem to be wearing bright colors or the occasional pastel. The only dark color I own and actually reach for regularly is Zoya's Valerie.

To Read all 13 Reviews, Login or Join

on 6/5/2011 8:10:00 PM

I'm not big on glitter but when this Halloween 3-pack went on clearance I had to have it. Alone this color is alright; over CG Grape Pop it's amazing. I haven't noticed any unusual chipping or wear and tear with this color; but I do use a top coat over it. I don't wear it enough that I would repurchase a full price. Clearance probably

on 5/30/2011 11:13:00 AM

This is a really unique color, but a crappy formula. It chips like crazy! I had obvious wear the next day and I hadn't done anything with my hands other than make myself something to eat and sit around the house. I get the impression that since this is a Halloween polish, they excepted everyone to remove it the day after and so there was no point in making a long wearing formula. I disagree because this could have been a go to polish for me year round. Not anymore. It is also hard to remove and textured after it dries. The only good thing about it is the color.

Black base with purple glitter. My favorite of the 3 from the collection. Application was good. Did have wear and chipping. Very pretty.

Weird application and chips fast but definitely worth it for the color (very dark vampy purple base with fushcia glitter). Pretty.

on 12/17/2010 10:33:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

This colour is a beautiful and unique shade. It's a chunky, square purple glitter suspended in a deep plum, almost black base. I generally use 3 coats for complete opacity and to achieve an even spread of glitter across my nail. That goes without saying that the surface of my nail becomes extremely bumpy.

I don't know about you, but I HATE bumpy nails- I find that they don't reflect light nicely and they're gritty. I had to apply 3 coats of my top coat just to even it out. My manicure lasted 7 days with zero, and I mean ZERO wear, even at the tips.

Like most glitters, it was a pain to remove, but well worth it, as the final product is stunning, indoors and in natural lighting.

In summary:

Formula: 3/5
Durability: 5/5
Colour: 5/5

This is a lovely color...for the 12 hrs it stayed on my nails. At 8pm I applied 2 coats with Seche base and QD top coats...at 8am when I was drying my hair it was completely flaking off my nails. Massive fail. Thankfully I only paid 1.89 for it at Sallys. I haven't had this issue with other CG polishes, but this was just horrid.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Honestly, this polish is gorgeous. It had a fine application... nothing to write home about, but it was fine. I put this on my toes and it chipped probably in two or three days. That's a little ridiculous for me considering my toenail polish can last three weeks without looking chipped or worn. I applied a topcoat as well as a basecoat but the wear was awful on this polish as well as on ick-a-bod-y which i applied on my hands. I never usually have chipping problems with China Glaze, but these were bad.

I love the color but not the texture. I never have a chipping issue with any of my other china glaze polishes but after a day or 2 I start to get chipping, I use orly bonder and orly sec n dry with all of my polishes I dont think I will be buy jelly polishes again

Popular Polishes