Alba Botanica ACNEdote Invisible Treatment Gel

Alba Botanica ACNEdote Invisible Treatment Gel

3.6

Not tested on animals

Ingredients: Active: 2% Salicylic acid Other: Aqua (water), glycerin, sd alcohol 40-b, aloe barbadensis leaf juice (1), hamamelis virginiana (witch hazel) water, hydroxyethylcellulose , spiraea ulmaria extract, lens esculenta (lentil) fruit extract, arnica montana flower extract (1), camellia sinensis leaf extract (1), chamomilla recutita (matricaria) flower extract (1), calendula officinalis flower extract (1), lavandula angustifolia (lavender) extract (1), glycyrrhiza glabra (licorice) rhizome/root, salix alba (willow) bark extract, citral, limonene, linalool, fragrance (parfum) (2)

on 4/23/2016 2:37:00 AM

So far, I have used this product 3 times. The first time, I didn't notice anything.

The second time, I put it on my blemishes AFTER I applied moisturizer to my whole face. The moisturizer I used was 'Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Moisturizer'... because of the salicylic acid in the moisturizer, I had a bad reaction 5 minutes after I applied the treatment gel.

My skin started to BURN like crazy, I removed the gel from my face with toner, and then i washed my face. The skin was raised and I thought I was having an allergic reaction. I was so afraid it would scar. My pores were open more than i'd ever seen. After the burning and itching stopped, I took pictures of my raised, red-almost-purple skin, and decided nothing will come from worrying, and I went to bed with a bare face, no moisturizer, nothing.

When I woke up in the morning, I jumped to the mirror and HOLY SHIT, the places where the treatment gel was, my skin HAS NEVER LOOKED BETTER! I was almost positive I was having an allergic reaction, but it was because I mixed it with the moisturizer, and I am so glad because this stuff works!

Today I decided to chance it and I applied the treatment gel after washing and toning with no moisturizer. I am not having a reaction and the itching and burning was normal, then faded. I think this stuff really works. My skin looked tighter, brighter, clearer the day after the reaction I had. DO NOT USE ANY OTHER KIND OF SALICYLIC ACID ANYTHING WITH THIS PRODUCT!!!! YOU WILL HAVE A REACTION! My skin is not sensitive.

So, overall, 5/5, will continue to use and update on my skin :) xo

on 2/18/2016 5:29:00 PM

I love this product! I bought this product on a whim only because the tea tree oil was sold out at my drugstore. The packaging is so much better than tea tree oil bottles where its always a dripper which gets everywhere but this product is a gel-liquid consistency. I would squeeze a little on a cotton bud to put on my pimples. I've only been using it for a few days on one of my hidden pimples which shrunk so much overnight. I only dab a really small amount (about the same size as my pimple or smaller) and it does sting for 1-3 mins but you can see INSTANT results.

To Read all 19 Reviews, Login or Join

This stuff is the best. I don't understand how it has all these bad reviews. Yes it stings a little bit on active pimples. So what? I have a benzoyl peroxide hypersensitivity (maybe it's an allergy) and my eyes swell shut if I use benzoyl peroxide treatments anywhere on my face, so it's hard to find things that work. I've been using this in conjunction with only washing my face by oil pulling with organic jojoba oil, and applying epsom salt daily. My face is finally clearing up after suffering through almost the entirety of my 20's with adult acne.

Terrible. Just terrible. That's all i have to say. Speak for yourself if you're saying this product is great and wonderful. This ruined my face. Chemical burns everywhere. I left it on for 6 minutes. And I take it off and my face was absolutely red. Bright red. My face is naturally very pale. Now my face is peeling and I have layers of red skin. When it peels of it gets worse. Thank you so much for ruining my face and putting out a product that doesn't work. You will be getting a call from my lawyers (:

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I really, really don't like this. I've tried using it overnight numerous times and it has made no difference in any pimple. Not a single one. Today I tried it after washing my face and when I put it on a pimple on my forehead, it burned so badly I thought I was going to pass out! I dunked my head in the sink it was so awful. Now I'm sitting here and my forehead isn't stinging anymore, but I can still feel where the gel was and I'm getting waves of heat rushing to it...not sure what all of this was about but I'm not using it again.

on 7/14/2015 7:25:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I use this for those once in a while breakouts due to PMS or heavy zinc oxide sunscreens and it really works for me. I put a bit on and the pimples are diminished usually overnight. It does not take them away entirely nor does any other treatment that I know of really. It is a good product and I would say it from my personal experience it works for me!

Wanted a more natural bha which is why I tried this.. Couldn't figure out why it wasn't working..come to find out the ph is not right for the SA to even work. Also, it smells like acetone. Seriously, very stinging and harsh. Disappointed.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I love this gel. I recently tried to swich to a different SA gel, and immediately went back to the Alba one. Because of the alcohol in the product, it does sting a bit when I put it on. However, after using it on a nightly basis for months, I have no bad reaction whatsoever. It seriously calms down the non-inflamed whiteheads I get under my jaw AND it smells amazing! It has bergamot and some other EO's for fragrance.

The package is also well-designed. Because it's made to be stored upside-down, it's easy to get all the product out.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

I've been having an awful time with breakouts lately. I tried an asprin mask and it worked okay, but it's not something I can use as an overnight treatment (it just rubs off on the pillow). So I picked up the Invisible Treatment Gel at my grocery store for around $5 and it worked wonders. Overnight it made a huge improvement in the redness/swelling around my pimples. I am so pleased with this product and will definitely repurchase when I run out.

on 5/7/2013 2:29:00 AM

I got this product at whole foods, after a really bad breakout (Due to the clarisonic)
I loved the fact that it was all natural and so i had high hopes.
On the label it says it treats the pimple overnight or at least the swelling goes down and the size.
I tried this product every night , and followed the directions for at least 2 weeks.
Nothing happened and it didn't work.
Not even on one pimple.
Once the gel dries, it kinda gets crusty on that spot, and your skin feels still. Be careful not to touch it or rub it against something because the gel will come off really easily.
The thing i actually liked about this product is how natural it was and how it felt on my skin. It's clear gel so you can't even tell you have it on. The packaging is really neat, you just squeeze out the product onto your finger and put it on your skin.
Instantly you feel the tingling/burning sensation on your skin.
The burning feeling is not that bad it goes away in like a minute, that sensation makes you think it's gonna work, but it doesn't.
Now this may have worked for other people, but it just didn't for me, and i have no idea why.