Yes To Carrots Nourishing Daily Cream Facial Cleanser

3.7

Water (Aqua), Sodium Coco Sulfate, Glyceryl Stearate, Stearic Acid, Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe Vera) Leaf Juice*, Cetyl Alcohol, Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Cellulose Gum, Glycerin, Daucus Carota Sativa (Carrot) Root Extract *, Punica Granatum (Pomegranate) Extract*, Silt (Dead Sea), Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Ipomoma Batatas Tuber (Sweet Potato) Extract*, Camellia Sinesis (Green Tea) Extract*, Spirulina Maxima Extract*, Honey Extract*, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter)*, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil*, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Fruit Extract*, Helianthus Annus (Sunflower) Seed Oil*, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil*, Phenoxyethanol, Potassium Sorbate, Xanthan Gum, Alcohol (Naturally Derived), Propanediol, Fragrance (Parfum). ....

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I didn't realize there are fragranced and non-fragranced versions until after I bought this. The ingredients of the fragranced version are:

Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Glycerin, Disodium Cocoamphodipropionate, Stearic Acid, Glyceryl Stearate, Cetyl Alcohol, Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Phenoxyethanol, Daucus Carota Sativa (Carrot) Seed Oil*, Cucurbita Pepo (Pumpkin) Fruit Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Fragrance (Parfum), Ethylhexyl Stearate, Xanthan Gum, Potassium Sorbate. *Certified Organic Ingredient

I found the texture to be quite nice for days when my face tends more to the dry side. It is a smooth gel-cream, water soluble, however I used a microfiber cloth to remove it. The fragrance was overpowering and is completely inappropriate in this product--smells more like a scented body lotion than a healthy facial cleanser. Also, the formula stung while it was on my face, which doesn't bode well for long term use. It is going back to the store.

When I first used this I was thrilled that it wasn't causing me to breakout like every other cleanser. I used it for months until friends started commenting on how greasy my skin was getting. I normally have dry skin. After they pointed this out, I realized how much of a grease pit my face was turning into. It's been over a year since I stopped using, and I still haven't been able to repair my oiliness. This stuff changed my skin and I regret using it.

To Read all 49 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

My holy grail cream cleanser is clean& clear 10% bp wash. If only they'd make a version without the bp and menthol, then I could just rotate between those two for the rest of my life. Since they don't, this is the next best thing I've found. It's gentle, it gives me a clean feeling, and you only need the tiniest bit to do your whole face. I like to blot with 50/50 acv and distilled water after using it. I use retina as well, but not every night. This stuff is perfect for mornings or evenings, especially after using retina. Great price considering how little is needed to clean your whole face, I use less than a pea size. Love the squeeze tube. Very happy with this purchase. I'm super acne prone with oily and somewhat dehydrated skin, but this stuff does not irritate or break me out. Again though, I use acv after, so perhaps that helps. It might leave a bit of a film if I didn't.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Typically cream products work well with my skin so I wanted to try something new. This is very creamy and thick. It works best with warm water. While it did remove my makeup quickly and thoroughly, it really broke out my skin. I'm not super acne prone, but this did not agree with my skin. It is hard to rinse off and afterwards it left my skin feeling dry and a bit tight. I did notice around my mouth and bridge of my nose getting dry. My face also felt very rough after each which isn't usually an issue for me since I have a good exfoliation routine. This cleanser just didn't work for my skin. I will be going back to the CeraVe cleanser.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

PROS

- cleanses well
- gentle
- emollient
- rinses easily

CONS

- skin feels a little bit dry after

COMMENTS: Very emoillent formula, yet somehow manages to make my skin feel a little dry after. It's nothing bad as it's very minor, but I just wasn't expecting it from such a rich formula. It cleans well, though and I have no issues rinsing it off. I like it, but not enough to repurchase. I still prefer my Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser.

Will not repurchase.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I recently tried this face wash and unfortunately, it did not agree with my skin. I used makeup wipes first and then the Yes to Carrots FRAGRANCE FREE daily cream cleanser. The packaging and amount of product is fine but the effectiveness is where it falls flat for me. The product is creamy and rich. When applying, it feels like you are rubbing beeswax on your face because it is very emollient. However, the rinsing part was the painful part . It rinsed away easily but also left some sort of waxy film on my face . It felt very rubbery and to the point of gummy. It's strange because while rubbing it on my face, it was very rich and silky but after the rinse, my skin felt almost too squeaky. And the worst part, I had dry patches on my face. Very weird. I totally did not like that feeling. I admit, it cleansed my face of oils and impurities, but the after effect was not my cup of tea. Sorry, but this was a No to Carrots for me. For reference, my skin is oily but dehydrated and clog prone.

This is my first review that I have ever written about a product. And I absolutely love this product! I bought the one that is (fragrance free) because I saw some complaints about the other ones scent? Anyways, I get a lot of acne on my chin and forehead, and I've always had these little acne skin bumps on my forehead. This product cleared it up after maybe 3-4 days. I haven't gotten a single pimple and those little skin bumps/acne are gone! The reason I rated it a 4 is because I completely changed my skin routine and I do not know which product is completely wiping out my acne, but I believe this product has the biggest contribution. I'll include my skin routine and what products I use:
1. I wash my hands with mild soup to get rid of any bacteria or dirt so I don't rub that into my skin.
2. I use POND'S Cold Cream Cleanser ($7.99 at Target) to take off any Eye Makeup with a soft tissue.
3. Then I remove and wash my skin makeup off with the Yes to Carrots Nourishing Fragrance Free daily cream facial cleanser (you can use makeup remover wipes, this is just my routine).
4. I then rewash my face with the Yes to Carrots Nourishing Fragrance Free daily cream facial cleanser to get any left over makeup off and to get the full effects of the cleanser.
5. I then apply Alba Botanica Hawaiian Facial Toner with a cotton ball ($6.29 at Target)
6. Lastly if it's morning time I apply Trader Joe's enrich Moisturizing Face Lotion with SPF 15
and if it is night time I apply Trader Joe's nourish oil-free Antioxidant Face Moisturizer (I forget the price of both face lotions, but they're both on the inexpensive side).

I hope this helps:)

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I have been using this product for years, and It is my holy grail face cleanser. I love the smell--might be a little strong for some people, but I'm used to it/it's never bothered me. It's so creamy and smooth going on, and washes off easily. JUST slightly dries out my face after I use it, but I figure that's what cleansers do. I'm in love with this product!!!

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure

hands down the best cleanser i have ever used. the only con is that i wouldn't use it alone. i also use makeup wipes before i use this cleanser. i have never had a face wash that had this texture. when i first put it on, it came out of the bottle with a very thick consistency, and when i rubbed it on my face, it felt literally like i was rubbing butter on my face. so creamy, smooth and hydrating, not greasy though. i have dry skin and this does not dry me out, my skin texture and tone has improved so much after using this. will continue to buy this again and again.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'm surprised by how much I love this product. It cleans my skin without making it feel tight but also doesn't add to my bizarre occasional acne. A+