Yves Saint Laurent Belle d'Opium

Yves Saint Laurent Belle d'Opium

3.4

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

Absolutely beautiful. I get some hints of the original.

on 6/10/2016 3:34:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I was upset when I heard this fragrance was discontinued. It must be that my chemistry really agrees with this fragrance since there dont seem to be many fans on here. I have a big collection of fragrance and this is still in my top 10. Its the most seductive tobacco/white floral. Its not too sweet but just beautifully balanced between the smokey incense and the hypnotic fragrance of night scented flowers. It always garners compliments and I can see why. It has a moderate sillage but lasts many hours on me. Its my fragrance of seduction - nuff said.

on 3/23/2016 8:20:00 PM

Everyone compares it with Opium and this has just the name in common. It should have been called Belle in fact. It makes me laugh how some people would describe this as a mess of notes just because mother nature did not give you the right chemistry for it lol.
On me this is beautiful, balsamic sensual and spicy as i expected. I have been looking for my perfect fragrance and i found it.
Perfume is a personal taste guys. Reviews should be less personal and more fair...no disrespect.

on 7/13/2015 7:03:00 PM

Love, love, love it! It smells sweet and oriental, a bit spicy, but definitely lovely and sexy at the same time. Very similar to Flowerbomb with a hint of incense, not as sweet as FB. I have many fragrances, but I find myself reaching for this one more than any other. On me it's long lasting without layering, 8+ hrs. It's sad that it's getting harder to find it in the stores.

on 8/23/2014 10:40:00 AM

This is like a modern version of Opium. It's not as heavy as the original. I quite like it. If you like incense and oriental notes in a scent, you'll like this one. I think YSL did a great job on the combination of notes here. It certainly does not smell cheap but rather quite expensive, sort of along the line of Tom Ford fragrances.

on 5/19/2014 10:59:00 AM

A girl should always have two or more perfumes on her vanity to suit different occasions and moods, and Belle d'Opium is my choice for daily wear. I'm never one for floral scents, especially the overpowering Jasmine ones which you can find in so many perfumes these days *cough~boring*. Now, everyone has a different olfactory reaction to a scent—I get that—so I'm just going to say that Belle d'Opium is hands down a perfume that smells and makes me feel sexy, mysterious and alluring. I'm glad it does not smell too heavy and overly oriental (or floral) so much that it feels as if I'm wearing my grandma out.

I just can't get enough of that spicy concoction of sandalwood, Casablanca lily, gardenia, white pepper and—though ironically—jasmine (which thankfully does not overpower my senses like other perfumes that have this ingredient in them), amongst others. The only drawback is that by the time you get to that last spritz, there's still quite alot left in the bottle—oh, what a tease. I've kept most of my used bottles, and if i can find a way to pry the tops open successfully, I'm sure I'll have enough for at least one good bottle. On the plus side, I've received many compliments from women and men, gay and straight, compared to the other perfumes I wear. Well, until I find another scent that can capture my attention as well as this has, it will continue to be a winner.

Oh I suppose, never ever trust perfume reviews because, like I mentioned, every one of us responds differently to scents. It's one thing to read a review and all its flowery critiques, and another to try it for yourself and see how you feel about it, from the time the vapours hit your senses down to the very last explosion of notes. If it rocks your boat, right? Well, this certainly rocks mine, and all the other people who have told me how fantastic I smell.

I wanted to love this. However it turned to a grape juice,pachouli nightmare

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I've bought it today and I really enjoy it.It's my favourite from ysl ; original opium smells like cheap air refreshener,cinema is way too vanilla and sweet,manifesto is horrible... I recommend trying it on your skin and not on those little papers that you get in the drugstore,because it smells a million times better.After an hour on the skin the scent is very similar to "Givenchy - Play". Packaging is beautiful as well.It's a bit expensive,but it's worth it.

on 7/8/2013 12:59:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Nothing at all like Opium very sweet and artificially vanilla though there is none mentioned in the notes, perhaps it is a chemically jasmine/gardenia note which is apparent on my skin which gives the vanilla smell. Some compare this to Estee Lauder Sensuous noir but they are in no way similar apart from the dark purple bottles. This smells slightly sweaty and is overly sweet. Yuck

on 10/6/2012 12:45:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This is like the little sister of the original Opium, for me still too oriental, so it isn't a favorite of mine
But in terms of straight oriental scents this is nicely made!! I like Vapeurs way better
It is fresher, on me Belle is too heady, too oriental
But it is definitely a more wearable version of the original, that I find suffocating!!!
Nice incense note mixing nicely with the floral notes, not overly done.

Popular Fragrances