Victoria's Secret BOMBSHELL

3.6

on 10/12/2014 6:01:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

PROS

- packaging

CONS

- masculine
- smells like soap
- poor staying power

COMMENTS: It doesn't necessarily smell bad, I just feel odd wearing it. It has a very masculine vibe reminiscent of shaving cream and then it kind of smells like soap. I think it's more appropriate for using after a shower, but I wouldn't leave the house with this.

Will not repurchase.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

My fave perfume ever! This has such a feminine and clean scent, and is very unique in my opinion. It's so hard to find a perfume that isn't too floral or fruity. To me, it almost smells like a clean "shampoo" smell, which I love! I bought mine on ebay for pretty cheap. I get complements on it when I wear it (even from men). It lasts a while also, which is important and also hard to find! Definitely my everyday perfume. I will continue to buy and they better not ever discontinue.

on 8/4/2013 7:15:00 PM

First off, I'm a tad confused by the reviews claiming that this is a floral scent. It isn't. It's a fresh and citrusy / fruity scent. While there are many pros to this scent than cons, the cons are kinda bad. For instance, it doesn't last vey long, about 4 hours max. Also, it is priced at 73 dollars (68$+tax). Which for a perfume that is not name brand, is kinda expensive. The bottle is pretty, but compared to other perfumes by Victoria's Secret, they could have put more thought to it. Now, on to the pros- I get compliments from almost everyone I talk to when I wear this perfume. It is friendly and inviting, and is not headache inducing. It smells clean, great for daytime or night time use. It kinda almost sorta smells like cologne so most if not all men seem to enjoy this fragrance. My boyfriend rarely compliments my perfumes (I am a huge fan of white florals (tuberose, jasmine, gardenia) and he is not, so most of the perfumes that I wear he doesn't really like but this perfume in particular he really loved. I gave this perfume an overall rating of 5 lippies (although there are cons) because it truly does smell amazing. Also, the cons are workable, for example- for longevity just layer the lotion with the perfume and it should last a bit longer. As for price, you can always find it discounted with amazon or ebay. So regardless of the cons, the main point of a perfume is to smell great and this perfume smells a lot better than most and is truly unique. Overall, I love it and will continue to buy it.

on 6/20/2011 7:05:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

This fragrance is delicious!!! It's definitely a fruity floral and something in it reminds me slightly of a men's cologne (in a good way). I sprayed a spritz of the perfume on my wrist one day testing it out and it just radiated beautiful scent all day til I washed it off. I bought the body spray and even that (despite the much lower concentration) lasts on me all day, albeit a lighter version of the fragrance. It smells great on my skin and doesn't turn spicy on me like many others do. The body splash/spray has enough scent for me but I'd easily buy the fragrance too. One of a kind scent in my book, and I've smelled a lot. It smells nothing like Sexy Little Things Noir--I have that one too and they are completely different!

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

'Bombshell'? Unfortunately, no. At least not for black haired, dark eyed, olive complexioned me. I really do believe that chemistry plays an enormous part on the effectiveness of a perfume, and this is just far too flouncy and fruity for someone as dark featured as I am. Maybe on someone blonde, or fairer women, I can imagine this fragrance being more compatible. But sexy, bold? Still, no. To name a fragrance Bombshell is a great idea, but this eau de parfum barely whispers its own namesake.
When I think Bombshell, i think gorgeous,alluring, daring, provocative, brave, and really, sexy. I wear this, and feel like a sixteen-year-old Cali girl from the O.C. who enjoys wearing hot pink. However, blonde, redhead, or raven haired, this perfume is weak, a bit of a miss, especially considering it's name.
Marilyn Monroe herself would turn her nose up at this, and probably, toss it down the drain.

Popular Fragrances