Victoria's Secret BOMBSHELL

Filtered by skin type : Normal
Victoria's Secret BOMBSHELL
BOMBSHELLBOMBSHELL

on 5/1/2015 12:35:00 PM

This actually smells just like My Burberry -- bright and fresh, really not "Bombshelly" at all. But it doesn't have any staying power. Like, an hour. I'd just invest in the Burberry.

on 11/17/2012 2:51:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I feel like this scent is extremely overrated. i dont find it a unique smell at all. when i read the description it sounded very interesting but the scent itself is quiet plain and fruity with no dimension. It also has a strong grapefruit note and i really dislike anything with grapefruit so thats one of the main reasons why this scent didnt work for me. the packaging is adorable though.

on 3/3/2014 11:52:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Bombshell is VS's #1 seller, they say. A fruity-floral with an aromatic, tart, crisp, zesty citrus twang. A sweet-tart aromatic fruity-floral. It has energy, for sure. Definitely has zing & pizzazz -- but verges on being harsh & pungent, like a citrus-scented furniture polish or floor cleaner. Must be spritzed with care.

Psychologically, it does perk me up -- energizes & cheers -- helps me to focus & get things done -- inspires confidence -- quite a good pick-me-up & mood lifter. Fresh, sweet, juicy-fruity, & zingy. But almost too pungent, and the pungency never goes away. Smells like a sharp grapefruit-berry-floral, to me, although there's no grapefruit in the note list below.

Launched in 2010, here are the notes, per VictoriasSecret.com:

Top notes -- Tangelo, pineapple, strawberry, purple passion fruit
Middle notes -- Jasmine, red berries, muguet, Shangri-la peony, vanilla orchid
Dry-down notes -- Musk, blonde woods, oakmoss

Bombshell won a FiFi award in 3 categories in 2011.

There's an InStyle dupe at Walgreen that is spot-on accurate. A 3.4oz bottle of this dupe is normally $11.99, but I've seen it on sale for $7.99 (maybe with a Walgreen discount card). I also think Salvatore Ferragamo's Incanto Shine smells like a softer, friendlier version of Bombshell -- not as aromatic, but similar. Body Fantasies "Romance & Dreams" (CVS) also smells like Bombshell to me. All are milder & less pungent than the real thing.

I just went to a gas station and stood in the cashier line behind two young pretty 20-ish girls, one of whom was obviously wearing Bombshell. The strength was fine -- but I just did not enjoy the scent. Reminded me of that horrible Satsuma from The Body Shop, which I always hated and you could smell all over the mall -- like sour pungent acidic tangerines -- too aromatic & bitey.

I've seen online that Bombshell supposedly works very well as a mosquito repellent -- even better than Avon Skin-So-Soft. It might be a good one to wear to outdoor picnics & BBQs.

ADDENDUM 12/1/16: After reading raves on the VS website yesterday, I'm wearing my Bombshell EDP again today. Crisp, zingy, juicy, perky. I'd put it in the same general category as Versace Bright Crystal, Clinique Happy, Chance Eau Vive, Brit Sheer, DKNY Be Delicious -- and I've never loved any of these, because they just wind up smelling sour and bitey to me -- and annoying.

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

I work at Victoria's secret and all my coworkers love this scent and are always spritzing themselves with the samples we keep in the store. Since its the semi annual sale I picked up a gift set of this for 50 percent off. The smell is pleasant and clean but smells exactly like shampoo. It smells like a nice shampoo, mind you but shampoo none the less. Its good for passing off as a fresh out of the shower scent. The lasting power is mediocre maybe about 3 hours. However during those three hours the smell is strong and I can smell the wonderful scent whenever I move. I wish it lasted longer though the smell doesn't linger whatsoever. I love spraying jackets or clothing and having the smell linger till I wash it however after a good three hours the smell is totally gone from any clothing you spritz it on. Bummer.I would be pretty mad if i bought the bottle for regular price as 1.7 ounces in 45 dollars since this smell just does NOT last. But if its on sale and your just looking to add something to your collection go for it.

I'm a huge VS fan, and I don't like this scent. The bottle is cute, but you don't get enough fragrance for what you pay for with this one. The smell is too fruity for me. I liked it when I sprayed it on once quickly in the store, but when I sprayed it on at home I didn't really like it. I might wear this once and a while when I get sick of my other perfumes, but other than that, no. If you want a VS fragrance get Very Sexy Now (purple bottle, the newer one), or even Dream Angels Heavenly, they are both much better scents than this. The bottle is cute and fun looking, I really wanted to like this one.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

A slightly vapid fragrance which does not live up to it's name, and a major disappointment for someone like me who is seeking the Holy Grail of sexy scents. This is not a fragrance that I would connote with the term, 'bombshell'. To me, a bombshell fragrance would be ultra-sexy, deeply seductive, alluring, warm, dark and packed with feminine sex appeal that packs a risque punch. On the contrary, this is a somewhat timidly juvenile and buoyant scent that I would imagine would appeal to bubbly high school girls . Of all the Victoria's Secret EDPs, of which I own very many, this is by far my least favorite. There is nothing va-va-voom about it. Even the sweetly pink bottle with ribbon trim is a contradiction to the namesake. Three hours after two sprays, I could no longer smell any trace of the perfume. That aside, this is still a nice fragrance for those who shy away from the spotlight and want to be 'safe' with their perfume choice.

on 10/24/2012 3:38:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Eyes: Violet

First off, I am a guy. I tried this on recommendation of a friend. She was absolutely right, I used to wear "forever sunshine" from bath and body. It had a high citrus scent to it that made me feel fresh. However the Bombshell has some of that to it, but wouldnt call it spicy. I like the red velvet cast i gather, it smells amazing on my skin but i feel it wears fast.. But in its defense i usually just use the body spray.. The girls at work always tell me I smell amazing and even a few guy customers have noticed and I proudly tell them where i bought it ;) hehe

On one hand, this smells GOOOD! On the other hand, it's strong so if you spray on a lot it's almost like a cologne, too strong and chemically... I have always liked the smell of colognes though! I'd consider buying. Just spray lightly like you do with pricier perfumes and you'll smell gorgeous.

on 1/20/2011 11:48:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I love this scent! I only wish I knew about it earlier. I had been on the hunt for a nice scented perfume for awhile and never though to look in VS, and then I found this. Its not to heavy or light, just enough to smell it. And its a lovely smell. If the perfume is too heavy, there's always the spray, which is a bit lighter in fragrance but just as good. Currently, I have the bottle, roll-on and two sprays. I keep one spray in my car so it smells nice too =]

Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral

I really like this fragrance. I am not a huge fan of VS other scents but this one really impressed me. It's sexy, not flowery or overpowering like some perfumes can be.

I agree with the reviewer who said that it doesn't have the best lasting power. that's the only downfall that I have noticed so far. Would buy again!

Popular Fragrances