Victoria's Secret BOMBSHELL

Victoria's Secret BOMBSHELL
BOMBSHELLBOMBSHELL

3.9

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Just want to let lovers of Bombshell know, an excellent impression of Bombshell is available at Walgreen's, for $11.99 for a 3.4 oz. bottle, called instyle fragrances. Most people cannot tell the difference. Hope you all find this review helpful.

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

I work at Victoria's secret and all my coworkers love this scent and are always spritzing themselves with the samples we keep in the store. Since its the semi annual sale I picked up a gift set of this for 50 percent off. The smell is pleasant and clean but smells exactly like shampoo. It smells like a nice shampoo, mind you but shampoo none the less. Its good for passing off as a fresh out of the shower scent. The lasting power is mediocre maybe about 3 hours. However during those three hours the smell is strong and I can smell the wonderful scent whenever I move. I wish it lasted longer though the smell doesn't linger whatsoever. I love spraying jackets or clothing and having the smell linger till I wash it however after a good three hours the smell is totally gone from any clothing you spritz it on. Bummer.I would be pretty mad if i bought the bottle for regular price as 1.7 ounces in 45 dollars since this smell just does NOT last. But if its on sale and your just looking to add something to your collection go for it.

on 11/23/2010 2:41:00 PM

VS is famous for producing generic scents that do not last. Even BBW has more unique scents which is ironic considering that they are owned by the same company.
I wasnt expecting much from this scent but after sniffing it, I was pleasantly surprised. Florals is not my favorite category-I usually like vanilla or fruity fragrances and this one is not fruity enough or deep enough to satisfy me. However, its still lovely. Name is wrong for it, though-this is light floral and there is nothing sexy or bombshelllike about it at all. From Fragrantica-purple passion fruit, peony and vanilla orchid.

It doesnt really smell fruity to my nose other than on the initial burst. Right away peony comes up full blast. Peony is one of my favorite flowers so I always like the scent that contains it. Vanilla orchid gives it that extra bit of sweetness to round it out. Essentially, this is it-rather basic and not very complicated, and yes, somewhat generic, so its bound to appeal to many women.
Incidentally, it bears more than a passing resemblance to Versases Bright Crystal.
Bright Crystal also has a top fruit note and peony in the middle, and just as Bombshell, its lasting power is terrible. I used to own a bottle of BC but I went through it in the matter of couple of months which is astounding because I never finish a fragrance since I have so many. Why? Because I had to literally bathe in it and it still didnt last.
As for Bombshell, I have small body mist which I didnt expect to last long on my skin and it doesnt-30 min or less is what you will get out of it.
If you have Bright Crystal, dont bother with Bombshell, its that similar. I enjoy wearing it but wont repurchase due to terrible lasting power and somewhat generic scent that has been done before.
P.S. My H has noticed it(and he never notices perfumes I wear unless he really hates something) and actually told me I smelled nice

on 3/18/2016 2:31:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Okay...I really enjoyed the smell of this from the bottle in the store, so I bought the rollerball because it was on sale. It smells TOTALLY different and I hate it.

Has anyone else experienced this problem?!

on 3/3/2014 11:52:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Bombshell is VS's #1 seller, they say. A fruity-floral with an aromatic, tart, crisp, zesty citrus twang. A sweet-tart aromatic fruity-floral. It has energy, for sure. Definitely has zing & pizzazz -- but verges on being harsh & pungent, like a citrus-scented furniture polish or floor cleaner. Must be spritzed with care.

Psychologically, it does perk me up -- energizes & cheers -- helps me to focus & get things done -- inspires confidence -- quite a good pick-me-up & mood lifter. Fresh, sweet, juicy-fruity, & zingy. But almost too pungent, and the pungency never goes away. Smells like a sharp grapefruit-berry-floral, to me, although there's no grapefruit in the note list below.

Launched in 2010, here are the notes, per VictoriasSecret.com:

Top notes -- Tangelo, pineapple, strawberry, purple passion fruit
Middle notes -- Jasmine, red berries, muguet, Shangri-la peony, vanilla orchid
Dry-down notes -- Musk, blonde woods, oakmoss

Bombshell won a FiFi award in 3 categories in 2011.

There's an InStyle dupe at Walgreen that is spot-on accurate. A 3.4oz bottle of this dupe is normally $11.99, but I've seen it on sale for $7.99 (maybe with a Walgreen discount card). I also think Salvatore Ferragamo's Incanto Shine smells like a softer, friendlier version of Bombshell -- not as aromatic, but similar. Body Fantasies "Romance & Dreams" (CVS) also smells like Bombshell to me. All are milder & less pungent than the real thing.

I just went to a gas station and stood in the cashier line behind two young pretty 20-ish girls, one of whom was obviously wearing Bombshell. The strength was fine -- but I just did not enjoy the scent. Reminded me of that horrible Satsuma from The Body Shop, which I always hated and you could smell all over the mall -- like sour pungent acidic tangerines -- too aromatic & bitey.

I've seen online that Bombshell supposedly works very well as a mosquito repellent -- even better than Avon Skin-So-Soft. It might be a good one to wear to outdoor picnics & BBQs.

ADDENDUM 12/1/16: After reading raves on the VS website yesterday, I'm wearing my Bombshell EDP again today. Crisp, zingy, juicy, perky. I'd put it in the same general category as Versace Bright Crystal, Clinique Happy, Chance Eau Vive, Brit Sheer, DKNY Be Delicious -- and I've never loved any of these, because they just wind up smelling sour and bitey to me -- and annoying.

on 6/18/2014 1:30:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I could not for the life of me figure out how people said that this smells masculine until i actually purchased it versus spraying myself in store. Ok it is very much girly. No man would want to smell like it. The scent that makes it clean yet "manly" smelling is the undertone of shaving cream. Add sweetness(kind of like pink bubble gum) and a hint of citrus on top of generic men's shaving cream and you have victoria's secret bombshell.

This fragrance reminds me of Hampton by bond no 9. They dont smell anything a like but they have the masculine undertone yet most men think is too sweet and girly. Also they both have hints of that men's grooming product swmell. Neither of theses are as masculine as the scent of chi silk infusion.

Its not my favorite but i've gotten complements while wearing it. Also its a different kind of clean smell. It not powdery fresh, soapy, nor cottony. Its grooming product clean.

While im not sure if i will repurchase it, i will definitely be using it.

on 8/17/2016 7:16:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

None of vs fragrances last and all their packaging is cute but cheap.. It is the same company as bath n body works I know I worked In the warehouse years ago so basically all ppl are paying for is a name and what they are getting is bath n body works quality spray disguised in a pretty perfume bottle lol .. It's all cheap quality trash .. Spend money on a real perfume.

on 10/24/2012 3:38:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Eyes: Violet

First off, I am a guy. I tried this on recommendation of a friend. She was absolutely right, I used to wear "forever sunshine" from bath and body. It had a high citrus scent to it that made me feel fresh. However the Bombshell has some of that to it, but wouldnt call it spicy. I like the red velvet cast i gather, it smells amazing on my skin but i feel it wears fast.. But in its defense i usually just use the body spray.. The girls at work always tell me I smell amazing and even a few guy customers have noticed and I proudly tell them where i bought it ;) hehe

on 10/14/2012 8:57:00 PM

Well, you young ladies may like this - and it is lovely, if not a bit "in your face" floral. At any rate,it is very much like an old fragrance from the 1950'a - Intimate by Revlon. It reminds me of the scent from my mom's purse - when I was a little girl - lipstick, cigarettes and Intimate.

It brings back lovely memories.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Interesting - Victoria's Secret is renowned (in my opinion) for making very, very , mediocre fragrances that are way over-priced for what they are and are often sickenly-sweet ,
(one other exception for me was the parfum intimes line - the orange lace flower was a really great orange blossom fragrance),
- HOWEVER, Bombshell is one of the few exceptions, it smells expensive (most VS fragrances smell so cheap!). It is fresh and chypre-y. It can almost smell a touch masculine. It smells like a women's chypre perfume mixed with a touch of man's cologne maybe. While it may be a bit more masculine than what I usually wear it is, very fresh and well done. It reminds me a bit of Hermes Jardin Mediteranee (which is a perfect summer fragrance)...

Popular Fragrances