Victoria's Secret BOMBSHELL

BOMBSHELLBOMBSHELL

3.9

on 9/8/2010 9:05:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

NEW-BOMBSHELL FRAGRANCE-PURPLE PASSION FLOWER,PEONY,VANILLA ORCHID....VERY INNOCENT,CLEAN,FRESH, PINKY,LIL FRUITY WITH LIGHT FLOWERS...VERY SPRING.....PARFUME-45.00 , MIST -24.00 VERY CUTE W/ VS RIBBION......i think this will sell, nice everyday simple scent...i get grapfruit freshness with peony flowers and fruit. i tool one star off because VS SHOULD HAVE CAME OUT WITH A FALL SCENT WITH THIS SAME LINE..SOMETHING MORE RISQUE,SPICER AND VERY FLOWERBOMBISH...JUST MY OPINION! I LIKE IT THOUGH.

This smells really fresh. I am always buying new fragrances long before I run out of the fragrance I am currently wearing. I bought this on a whim today. I tried on the perfume at the store and it wore off rather quickly. I was disappointed but still LOVED the smell, so I got the perfume and lotion today. Once layered, the fragrance REALLY lasts. It isn't an in your face type of smell, very clean and fresh, yet still feminine. It doesn't just smell like laundry detergent or "clean" though, it has its own kind of freshness to it. I love that they came out with this scent, although it does seem weird they came out with such a light and pretty scent right before fall. It can totally be worn year round if you have the right body chemistry, but in the fall and winter months, I prefer something a little heavier. Alas, I will still wear it off and on. It makes me feel quite confident. :)

on 9/20/2010 10:25:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

ABSOLUTELY ADORE THIS FRAGRANCE! I am a huge fan of VS, so when I saw this new perfume, I had to try it. Love at first sniff:) It is very feminine, but oddly enough it has the clean freshness that adds a slight touch of masculinity ( nothing major, but I love the smell of guys cologne, and in terms of freshness, this has a slight masculine edge). It just smells very fresh and flirty, a true bombshell. I took off a lippie for price because I bought the body mist at $24, which seems kind of expensive for a body mist, but it's so worth it I don't even care. I also knocked off a lippie for packaging because the first bottle I bought wouldn't spray, it just dripped down the side, so I had to exchange it, But my new bottle works, so no big deal. Otherwise, perfect! My new signature scent.

on 9/20/2010 12:22:00 PM

I love this new perfume from VS. I got a free sample of it and literally went out the next day and bought it. It's very sexy and sultry. I feel its appropriate for both day and night. It has a floral scent but not too over bearing. This is one of the best perfumes I have ever had. A little goes along way and it lasts a really long time. I feel this perfume can be for any age. This is really a great product ;)

on 9/20/2010 8:07:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I LOVE this perfume.

It is similar to other VS..but not quite actually. It stands out, and I have a TON of their perfumes too. ;)

One thing is, I'm a gourmound type of scent women. I only like things that have sweetness in it. THIS one is sweet, but it has this sort of tangy spice that pops and it is trully sexy. A very fresh scent, but NO way a "soapy-type" scent. Think "sweet" petal flowers...without being too "floral" either.

See, I dislike Flowery scents or those with too much or ONLY "Floral" scents. This one is very mysterious, because it makes you want to keep sniffing your wrist to see what else is there..almost like a slight small patchui smell--but it's not. The peony is very well balanced in this. You can smell the lavish light vanilla scent torwards the drydown.

I must say, the lasting power is very nice...I sprayed it on about 5 hours--still staying on strong. A very fresh sweet scent, but not overly sweet or overly floral.

To me, this is definitly worth buying, although I can only speak for the EDP (perfume), I don't know how the lotion or body mist/spray is..but the EDP (1.7 oz) that I got in the mail today (directly from VS website), is pretty good staying power. :) (And I smoke, therefore, it's hard to detect scents when you're a smoker.)

Overall, a very pleasent scent. This can be warn anytime of the day...it does have a slight warmth to it..but not a full on-winter scent..although I DO plan to wear this in winter. A great fresh uplifting mood type of scent. Energetic, sexy, sweet, and "innocent" type smell (although in NO way "teen-bop-ish either)...kind of a like a women who holds a beautiful bouquet of flowers infront of her doorstep--winking at a man, yet doesn't let him fully know that he is welcomed in--type of scent. ;)

Enjoy!

***EDIT***
Ok...still LOVE this scent, but the lasting power is so POOR!! I even spray and drown myself in this just to see if it would last longer that way...and sadly, it doesn't seem to have good staying power..sigh...too bad, such a beautiful outstanding scent.

on 9/21/2010 11:14:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

I received a sample of this from Vicky's yesterday. Didn't think much of it. Then, as I got into bed last night, I spotted the sample on my night stand. I spritzed my wrist not expecting to like it, since I'm not too fond of Peony. As it dried down, I became more entranced with the beautiful aroma. As I drifted off to sleep I couldn't stop sniffing my wrist. This is SEXY and fresh with a tad hint of something masculine...just a smidgen. I'm normally not into VS perfumes but every blue moon, they'll come out with something that impresses me. This is it. I LOVE IT! As soon as I stepped in the elevator @ work this morning, I received a compliment and inquiry as to what I had on. I've GOT to get me a bottle along with the lotion.
UPDATE: Had to knock 1 lippie off just like a reviewer below, due to the lasting power. It didn't carry me as long as it should have.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

A slightly vapid fragrance which does not live up to it's name, and a major disappointment for someone like me who is seeking the Holy Grail of sexy scents. This is not a fragrance that I would connote with the term, 'bombshell'. To me, a bombshell fragrance would be ultra-sexy, deeply seductive, alluring, warm, dark and packed with feminine sex appeal that packs a risque punch. On the contrary, this is a somewhat timidly juvenile and buoyant scent that I would imagine would appeal to bubbly high school girls . Of all the Victoria's Secret EDPs, of which I own very many, this is by far my least favorite. There is nothing va-va-voom about it. Even the sweetly pink bottle with ribbon trim is a contradiction to the namesake. Three hours after two sprays, I could no longer smell any trace of the perfume. That aside, this is still a nice fragrance for those who shy away from the spotlight and want to be 'safe' with their perfume choice.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Reminds me a lot of Ralph Lauren Blue...

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

'Bombshell'? Unfortunately, no. At least not for black haired, dark eyed, olive complexioned me. I really do believe that chemistry plays an enormous part on the effectiveness of a perfume, and this is just far too flouncy and fruity for someone as dark featured as I am. Maybe on someone blonde, or fairer women, I can imagine this fragrance being more compatible. But sexy, bold? Still, no. To name a fragrance Bombshell is a great idea, but this eau de parfum barely whispers its own namesake.
When I think Bombshell, i think gorgeous,alluring, daring, provocative, brave, and really, sexy. I wear this, and feel like a sixteen-year-old Cali girl from the O.C. who enjoys wearing hot pink. However, blonde, redhead, or raven haired, this perfume is weak, a bit of a miss, especially considering it's name.
Marilyn Monroe herself would turn her nose up at this, and probably, toss it down the drain.

on 10/8/2010 2:27:00 PM

Am I the only one that smells YSL's Babydoll, but without Babydoll's beautiful drydown? This one is a miss!

Popular Fragrances