Victoria's Secret BOMBSHELL

Filtered by age: 25-29
Victoria's Secret BOMBSHELL
BOMBSHELLBOMBSHELL

I love Bombshell dearly and can't understand how it gets bad reviews. It has notes of Love Spell in it which had a cult following back in its day. It's floral, fresh and musky all at once. I like the lightness of VS perfumes even if they need re-app throughout the day

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I love the scent, but it gets so annoying to wear. I have the full-size as well as a mini oil spray. The "EDP" (more like body spray in my opinion) has no staying power. The oil spray, however, never dies down. It's easy to go overboard with this scent, and it becomes obnoxious after awhile. I agree with the reviewer who described this as a cheap-sporty type of scent. I like the smell, but it's just not a soft, refined scent that would make someone want to get closer to you. I feel very conspicuous when I wear this, like I'm always the one wearing way too much perfume, even with a couple sprays. For some reason I think of this as a summery scent, and tend to wear it as such.

on 9/15/2016 9:24:00 AM

The edp was on sale, so I purchased a bottle. It's a nice/pleasant/safe scent, but quite basic citrusy-fresh and overrated IMO. Smell reminds me of some cheap-sporty-drugstore-scent, the kind marketed towards teen girls to spray on after PE or dance class. Nothing bombshell or sexy about it. It doesn't last either. Less than 2 hours later, I can't smell it anymore, not even a trace of it. It's supposed to be an EDP but some of VS's other body sprays last longer on my skin than this (eg. Amber Romance, Vanilla Lace, Pure Seduction, Noir Tease). I prefer Pink to Bombshell, it smells green and less generic-citrusy-fruity. I will use it up but I won't repurchase. If it hadn't been on sale I wouldn't have gotten it.

on 3/18/2016 2:31:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Okay...I really enjoyed the smell of this from the bottle in the store, so I bought the rollerball because it was on sale. It smells TOTALLY different and I hate it.

Has anyone else experienced this problem?!

It smells exactly like Salvatore Ferragamo Incanto Shine..

on 10/9/2015 5:41:00 PM

When I first sprayed this I thought what the hell is this? Why all these rave reviews? It smelled like an old rotten orange peel. Then after about 2 mins on my skin it dried down to the most beautiful captivating smell ever. It just continues to get better as the day wears on.

on 10/12/2014 6:01:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

PROS

- packaging

CONS

- masculine
- smells like soap
- poor staying power

COMMENTS: It doesn't necessarily smell bad, I just feel odd wearing it. It has a very masculine vibe reminiscent of shaving cream and then it kind of smells like soap. I think it's more appropriate for using after a shower, but I wouldn't leave the house with this.

Will not repurchase.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I'm on my 2nd 100ml bottle. I keep going back to this scent.

I have mild asthma, so i cannot use most perfumes out there. My perfume needs to be light to moderate in strength (i cannot stand the scent of chanel no5 for instance) and long lasting, with sweet vanilla, fresh and citrus notes. This one is perfect for me. It lasts all day but i only catch a whiff every once in a while. It makes me feel feminine and happy everytime i do :) It's both sweet and clean.

I also love the packaging. Simple, elegant and useful. Looks so pretty on the vanity table like a huge pink gemstone.

It's not a downside but i really think VS should make a purse-sized pen applicator for this like they did for some of their fragrances. Preferably a refillable one :)

I bought 4 or their fragrances and swatched all of them in stores and i think this is the best perfume VS has come up with.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

When I first tried this, I was in love with it! I thought it was a very sexy, perfect for date night scent! I always assumed (wrongly) that Victoria's Secret fragrances would smell cheap/body splash-like. Turns out they have many EDP options to choose from that are beautiful!
However, after a few more uses of this fragrance I started to pick up on what the other reviews have described as a masculine scent. No, it doesn't smell like mens' cologne or anything, but every so often throughout the day/night a manly, musky, scent creeps up on me! Despite all this, I'm still a fan of this fragrance. The website describes the "dry-down notes" as musk, blonde woods, and oakmoss. I think this is what must be contributing to those who feel it is masculine at times. Overall, I think this is a very unique, sexy fragrance that is quite strong, even overpowering at times. If that's not your thing, I'd try something more along the lines of Heavenly or the Dream Angels collection.

on 6/18/2014 1:30:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I could not for the life of me figure out how people said that this smells masculine until i actually purchased it versus spraying myself in store. Ok it is very much girly. No man would want to smell like it. The scent that makes it clean yet "manly" smelling is the undertone of shaving cream. Add sweetness(kind of like pink bubble gum) and a hint of citrus on top of generic men's shaving cream and you have victoria's secret bombshell.

This fragrance reminds me of Hampton by bond no 9. They dont smell anything a like but they have the masculine undertone yet most men think is too sweet and girly. Also they both have hints of that men's grooming product swmell. Neither of theses are as masculine as the scent of chi silk infusion.

Its not my favorite but i've gotten complements while wearing it. Also its a different kind of clean smell. It not powdery fresh, soapy, nor cottony. Its grooming product clean.

While im not sure if i will repurchase it, i will definitely be using it.

Popular Fragrances