Clinique Redness Solutions Makeup SPF 15 with Probiotic Technology

Clinique Redness Solutions Makeup SPF 15 with Probiotic Technology
Redness Solutions Makeup SPF 15 with Probiotic Technology

3.6

active ingredients: octinoxate 5.90%, zinc oxide 3.70%, titanium dioxide 2.90% ingredients: water\aqua\eau, methyl trimethicone, phenyl trimethicone, dimethicone, triethylhexanoin, butylene glycol, trimethylsiloxysilicate, peg-10 dimethicone, lauryl peg-9 polydimethylsiloxyethyl dimethicone, c12-15 alkyl benzoate, lactobacillus ferment, citrus grandis (grapefruit) peel extract, magnolia grandiflora bark extract, poria cocos sclerotium extract, astrocaryum murumuru seed butter, glycerin, caffeine, sodium myristoyl sarcosinate, caprylyl methicone, methicone, polyglyceryl-6 polyricinoleate, disteardimonium hectorite, isopropyl titanium triisostearate, dimethicone crosspolymer-3, lecithin, tocopheryl acetate, laureth-7, dimethicone/peg-10/15 crosspolymer, sodium chloride, dipropylene glycol, disodium edta, aluminum hydroxide, polyaminopropyl biguanide, phenoxyethanol, [ /- mica, titanium dioxide (ci 77891), iron oxides (ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499)]

on 4/29/2018 11:37:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I bought a bottle of Clinique Redness Solution Foundation about six weeks ago when I was traveling and my bottle of foundation leaked. I wanted something portable and something that would also diminish the redness in my skin. I’ve never been officially diagnosed with rosacea but my dermatologist had mentioned the possibility that I might have a mild case of it and I wanted a foundation that was calming. I’ve really enjoyed using this foundation. Since I began using it, I haven’t noticed any major benefits to my skin as far as redness relief goes, but it’s far less irritating than my usual foundation and you can take it anywhere. I got it in Fair and it’s a very close match to my skin. It stays on almost as well as a long wearing foundation but it’s not as chalky or as cakey. At $29 a bottle in the US now, it’s not cheap but still not an expensive product. The application can be a little tricky though. I have to moisturize a lot before applying it and I’ve discovered that using a damp sponge gives the most natural coverage. It has an SPF of 15 but I wouldn’t ever use it as my only form of sun protection. I put a layer of moisturizer on and then follow that with a facial sunblock. Then I use my fingers or a sponge to apply the Redness Solutions, apply my other makeup and I’m good to go for the rest of the day. I don’t usually use a powder to set my makeup since my skin is dry and I want some dewiness to my complexion. I do have to touch it up if I’m going out again at night but it lasts well. I have really finicky skin. So much so that I can use a product for a month or two, feel like it’s gonna be HG material only to discover that it’s wreaking havoc with my complexion a week later by drying it out or giving me a breakout. I’m hoping that I dodge that bullet with this foundation because it has a lot going for it.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

So where do I start with this awful foundation...firstly my skin actually looks better without this, secondly it emphasises every pore around my nose and chin, thirdly it oddly has a shimmer to it. I don’t think Clinique understand that people with Rosacea can have oily skin too. This would suit someone with almost perfect skin as I just don’t see how this would suit the majority of oily/combination people...just an awful foundation! Stay away if you have larger pores..

I really like this mainly in the winter. It does calm my redness and it looks very natural. I wear a matte formula in the humid months but this is my go to winter or if I just want to look a bit more natural. Easy to apply and seems good for my skin. Use Calming Honey which I thought they were discontinuing so I bought a few.

Not wild about this one. Looks very patchy on me even after blending it and using a primer. I'll finish off the bottle but I think I might have to try and use it more as a concealer.

on 11/9/2016 1:02:00 PM

Whilst you can see this neutralises the redness it seems to have pinky undertones so leaves your face a shade of pale pink instead of red. Not ideal for me as I wanted to be skin coloured not pink, not red. It didn't have much staying power for me either, found that by lunch time it had worn of my cheeks and they hade no cover/product left on them. Maybe will try again now it's winter, I wanted to like this as has amazing reviews! Pretty disappointed as it was pricey. Packagings nice I guess..

on 11/7/2016 2:55:00 PM

I applied this foundation with a beauty blender. This does even out your redness, *but* it was so patchy! It only works on recently exfoliated skin for me, but that causes more irritation on my combination/sensitive skin. Warning: it oxidizes, too. It also made my pores larger. Fun times.

It's a very finicky foundation for the price point and does not work for my quick morning makeup routine. I find that Bourjois Healthy Mix is cheaper, more consistent, and does the job better.

on 9/25/2016 4:48:00 AM

If you don't mind a slightly heavier coverage, this is a good option. It did seem to be calming to my redness prone/rosacea affected skin. But with a more severe flare up, the redness does show through.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I really wanted to love this foundation. It looked good at home when I first put it on, but not 45 minutes later when I left for work I saw that it had oxidized into an orange mask. Plus the redness that it claims to tone down was still very visible. And I don't mean just the bumps (is obviously not going to make the bumps disappear), I mean the redness and irritation. I've looked for what seems like forever for a good foundation and yet again I've been let down.

on 5/27/2016 10:20:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have combination to oily skin with redness, my skin tone is NC20 the shade 03 calming ivory is the perfect shade for me.
This foundation is very close to being my Holy grail dream foundation. It conceals redness very well, better than any other foundation that I own. I still have to use concealer here and there. It has a medium buildable coverage. It contains spf which I like because the sun is a mayor trigger for my facial redness. It has a matte finish that is natural not too matte.
The only con it's that it's not longlasting enough for me. Estee lauder double wear is more longlasting but looks more makeupy than this one.
To make it a more longlasting, occasionally I use milk of magnesia well blended as a primer on the T-zone, with that I get maybe 5-6 hours. Apparently it's not good to use milk of magnesia everyday because it will alter your skin PH, but I only do it occasionally.
Of course I have to blot and powder several times a day but that's just life when you have an oily T-zone.
This is a foundation I think I will always have in my collection and I do not want to be without it.

on 5/21/2016 2:09:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I've been using a sample of this in the lightest shade for a couple of days and am kind of on the fence about it. It goes on nicely and has pretty decent coverage but oxidises quite badly into a significantly darker, peachier colour after a couple hours and starts to look patchy not long after. I think it might also be breaking me out in tiny whiteheads, but since that's how my skin reacts to all liquid foundations it seems unfair to pin that on Clinique.

I'll update with a more concrete opinion when I've finished the sample.

Update time! I ended up buying a full bottle of this, but unfortunately had to give it away a couple weeks later as it caused some serious congestion resulting in a tremendous breakout. I still think the coverage is great, but I'd recommend this for people who suffer from rosacea or redness due to dry skin as opposed to acne.