Clinique Redness Solutions Makeup SPF 15 with Probiotic Technology

Clinique Redness Solutions Makeup SPF 15 with Probiotic Technology

3.6

active ingredients: octinoxate 5.90%, zinc oxide 3.70%, titanium dioxide 2.90% ingredients: water\aqua\eau, methyl trimethicone, phenyl trimethicone, dimethicone, triethylhexanoin, butylene glycol, trimethylsiloxysilicate, peg-10 dimethicone, lauryl peg-9 polydimethylsiloxyethyl dimethicone, c12-15 alkyl benzoate, lactobacillus ferment, citrus grandis (grapefruit) peel extract, magnolia grandiflora bark extract, poria cocos sclerotium extract, astrocaryum murumuru seed butter, glycerin, caffeine, sodium myristoyl sarcosinate, caprylyl methicone, methicone, polyglyceryl-6 polyricinoleate, disteardimonium hectorite, isopropyl titanium triisostearate, dimethicone crosspolymer-3, lecithin, tocopheryl acetate, laureth-7, dimethicone/peg-10/15 crosspolymer, sodium chloride, dipropylene glycol, disodium edta, aluminum hydroxide, polyaminopropyl biguanide, phenoxyethanol, [ /- mica, titanium dioxide (ci 77891), iron oxides (ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499)]

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I really wanted to love this foundation. It looked good at home when I first put it on, but not 45 minutes later when I left for work I saw that it had oxidized into an orange mask. Plus the redness that it claims to tone down was still very visible. And I don't mean just the bumps (is obviously not going to make the bumps disappear), I mean the redness and irritation. I've looked for what seems like forever for a good foundation and yet again I've been let down.

on 5/27/2016 10:20:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have combination to oily skin with redness, my skin tone is NC20 the shade 03 calming ivory is the perfect shade for me.
This foundation is very close to being my Holy grail dream foundation. It conceals redness very well, better than any other foundation that I own. I still have to use concealer here and there. It has a medium buildable coverage. It contains spf which I like because the sun is a mayor trigger for my facial redness. It has a matte finish that is natural not too matte.
The only con it's that it's not longlasting enough for me. Estee lauder double wear is more longlasting but looks more makeupy than this one.
To make it a more longlasting, occasionally I use milk of magnesia well blended as a primer on the T-zone, with that I get maybe 5-6 hours. Apparently it's not good to use milk of magnesia everyday because it will alter your skin PH, but I only do it occasionally.
Of course I have to blot and powder several times a day but that's just life when you have an oily T-zone.
This is a foundation I think I will always have in my collection and I do not want to be without it.

To Read all 188 Reviews, Login or Join

on 5/21/2016 2:09:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I've been using a sample of this in the lightest shade for a couple of days and am kind of on the fence about it. It goes on nicely and has pretty decent coverage but oxidises quite badly into a significantly darker, peachier colour after a couple hours and starts to look patchy not long after. I think it might also be breaking me out in tiny whiteheads, but since that's how my skin reacts to all liquid foundations it seems unfair to pin that on Clinique.

I'll update with a more concrete opinion when I've finished the sample.

AHHHHH I just wish I had tried this earlier! Super long wearing and covers redness very well.

on 4/13/2016 12:59:00 PM

I really like this foundation. My redness was gone immediately and it's still gone. The foundation has a medium coverage and looks like skin. I'm glad I tried this.

on 12/13/2015 4:44:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This foundation is amazing
I suffer with so much redness I cant even explain and this foundation covers it
I didn't want to actually buy it because i saw the price and the size of the bottle and thought that'll only last me a couple of weeks!! But I went for it anyway
it lasts me 2-3 month!
Definitely recommend this to everyone, even if you don't suffer from redness because its got great coverage without feeling like your plastered in make-up and you don't even need to use a lot!

Love this. LOVE it. A half-bottle of Calming Ivory was given to me by a girlfriend with slightly darker skin than me, and as luck would have it, it is an absolute PERFECT match for my skin, which doesn't happen for me a lot, I usually have to mix a lighter and a darker shade to get it right, and I have NEVER seen a foundation cover redness without having to be caked on, but this one somehow does it!

I apply with my fingers because my stippling brush just broke and haven't replaced it yet. It goes on smooth, not greasy or sticky at all.

Two small negatives I have noticed: it does seem to maximize the pores on my nose, but that can easily be fixed with a minimizer. And the application seems to be a little streakier when its applied over a primer. Blending this out with a sponge is well worth it, because combining this with my favorite purminerals primer makes my skin look absolutely flawless.

I have noticed no issues with oxidization as others have mentioned.

The price is high, but I am still working on the half bottle my friend gave me and that was several months ago. I'd say definitely worth it.

I tend to try something different every time I need to buy foundation, because I've never really found something that was a perfect match for me. But I think I found it! Will definitely be repurchasing again and again!

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I have recently come to the realisation that I have rosacea, and to be honest, I’m really down about it. I have combination skin and large pores, but as I advance into my 30s I find my skin is a lot more stable.

However.

I have used Mac Face & Body since 2012 and love it. I love the buildable coverage and the way it works with my skin. I last bought some in October last year. I just can’t use it now without using lots of very thick concealer which kind of defeats the object of using a sheer foundation. I find that as a result, I am completely incapable of doing 'no make up' looks. And forget about wearing none at all!

I went to the Clinique counter and bought their Redness Solutions cleansing wash (jury still out on that one) and the lady gave me a sample of this foundation. Not sure of the colour, but it’s just right for my skin tone. Have not seen any oxidation but have genuinely not found that to be problem since about 1995 anyway!

I love it. I find it gives great coverage to the redness which I am really self conscious of, but isn’t cakey. I use it over a silicone primer (Body Shop Vitamin C) and it gives my skin a beautiful flawless finish – not quite poreless but as close as I am going to get with my pores. I then set with Mac Prep + Prime powder. My skin looks great.

I’m really broke right now so I’m devastated I won’t be able to buy this straight away, but Christmas is coming so maybe I’ll ask for it as a present.

on 7/26/2015 12:57:00 PM

Works well to cover my redness and overall surface "pinkiness". *Stays put a long time and does not oxidize or break up. I apply with my shiseido foundation brush and get great results. It evens my skin tone without looking super make-upy and caked on. I have found that the primer I use tends to effect how well the product blends, stays, and appears. This may or not be a reflection on the product itself, but I would say the same about any foundation I have used both in the drugstore and $$$ range.I wish there were more fair shades for winter but I can wear this in the summer without issue. Feels comfortable and light and the smell is not overpowering and is easily forgotten. Performs well for a reasonable price.

on 6/21/2015 12:14:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

Okay, so the good news is, it really camouflaged my redness (fair skin, rosacea, red flushes, combination skin with dry cheeks and a very oily t-zone) and the first 30 minutes it looked great on me.
The other good news is, I didn't buy it, just tested it Out.
This is why:

The bad news.
After that it oxidiced into a horrible yellow mask.
My pores on my cheek where very very visible and my freckles turned Grey.
My boyfriend asked if I used a tanner.
Then I decided to get it of my face, well that was a challenge. I had to use four cleansing wipes and my fifth still turned yellow.
So after six cleansing wipes I was released from my yellow mask.