Clinique Redness Solutions Makeup SPF 15 with Probiotic Technology

Clinique Redness Solutions Makeup SPF 15 with Probiotic Technology
Redness Solutions Makeup SPF 15 with Probiotic Technology

3.6

active ingredients: octinoxate 5.90%, zinc oxide 3.70%, titanium dioxide 2.90% ingredients: water\aqua\eau, methyl trimethicone, phenyl trimethicone, dimethicone, triethylhexanoin, butylene glycol, trimethylsiloxysilicate, peg-10 dimethicone, lauryl peg-9 polydimethylsiloxyethyl dimethicone, c12-15 alkyl benzoate, lactobacillus ferment, citrus grandis (grapefruit) peel extract, magnolia grandiflora bark extract, poria cocos sclerotium extract, astrocaryum murumuru seed butter, glycerin, caffeine, sodium myristoyl sarcosinate, caprylyl methicone, methicone, polyglyceryl-6 polyricinoleate, disteardimonium hectorite, isopropyl titanium triisostearate, dimethicone crosspolymer-3, lecithin, tocopheryl acetate, laureth-7, dimethicone/peg-10/15 crosspolymer, sodium chloride, dipropylene glycol, disodium edta, aluminum hydroxide, polyaminopropyl biguanide, phenoxyethanol, [ /- mica, titanium dioxide (ci 77891), iron oxides (ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499)]

Not wild about this one. Looks very patchy on me even after blending it and using a primer. I'll finish off the bottle but I think I might have to try and use it more as a concealer.

on 11/9/2016 1:02:00 PM

Whilst you can see this neutralises the redness it seems to have pinky undertones so leaves your face a shade of pale pink instead of red. Not ideal for me as I wanted to be skin coloured not pink, not red. It didn't have much staying power for me either, found that by lunch time it had worn of my cheeks and they hade no cover/product left on them. Maybe will try again now it's winter, I wanted to like this as has amazing reviews! Pretty disappointed as it was pricey. Packagings nice I guess..

on 11/7/2016 2:55:00 PM

I applied this foundation with a beauty blender. This does even out your redness, *but* it was so patchy! It only works on recently exfoliated skin for me, but that causes more irritation on my combination/sensitive skin. Warning: it oxidizes, too. It also made my pores larger. Fun times.

It's a very finicky foundation for the price point and does not work for my quick morning makeup routine. I find that Bourjois Healthy Mix is cheaper, more consistent, and does the job better.

on 9/25/2016 4:48:00 AM

If you don't mind a slightly heavier coverage, this is a good option. It did seem to be calming to my redness prone/rosacea affected skin. But with a more severe flare up, the redness does show through.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I really wanted to love this foundation. It looked good at home when I first put it on, but not 45 minutes later when I left for work I saw that it had oxidized into an orange mask. Plus the redness that it claims to tone down was still very visible. And I don't mean just the bumps (is obviously not going to make the bumps disappear), I mean the redness and irritation. I've looked for what seems like forever for a good foundation and yet again I've been let down.

on 5/27/2016 10:20:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have combination to oily skin with redness, my skin tone is NC20 the shade 03 calming ivory is the perfect shade for me.
This foundation is very close to being my Holy grail dream foundation. It conceals redness very well, better than any other foundation that I own. I still have to use concealer here and there. It has a medium buildable coverage. It contains spf which I like because the sun is a mayor trigger for my facial redness. It has a matte finish that is natural not too matte.
The only con it's that it's not longlasting enough for me. Estee lauder double wear is more longlasting but looks more makeupy than this one.
To make it a more longlasting, occasionally I use milk of magnesia well blended as a primer on the T-zone, with that I get maybe 5-6 hours. Apparently it's not good to use milk of magnesia everyday because it will alter your skin PH, but I only do it occasionally.
Of course I have to blot and powder several times a day but that's just life when you have an oily T-zone.
This is a foundation I think I will always have in my collection and I do not want to be without it.

on 5/21/2016 2:09:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I've been using a sample of this in the lightest shade for a couple of days and am kind of on the fence about it. It goes on nicely and has pretty decent coverage but oxidises quite badly into a significantly darker, peachier colour after a couple hours and starts to look patchy not long after. I think it might also be breaking me out in tiny whiteheads, but since that's how my skin reacts to all liquid foundations it seems unfair to pin that on Clinique.

I'll update with a more concrete opinion when I've finished the sample.

Update time! I ended up buying a full bottle of this, but unfortunately had to give it away a couple weeks later as it caused some serious congestion resulting in a tremendous breakout. I still think the coverage is great, but I'd recommend this for people who suffer from rosacea or redness due to dry skin as opposed to acne.

AHHHHH I just wish I had tried this earlier! Super long wearing and covers redness very well.

on 4/13/2016 12:59:00 PM

I really like this foundation. My redness was gone immediately and it's still gone. The foundation has a medium coverage and looks like skin. I'm glad I tried this.

on 12/13/2015 4:44:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This foundation is amazing
I suffer with so much redness I cant even explain and this foundation covers it
I didn't want to actually buy it because i saw the price and the size of the bottle and thought that'll only last me a couple of weeks!! But I went for it anyway
it lasts me 2-3 month!
Definitely recommend this to everyone, even if you don't suffer from redness because its got great coverage without feeling like your plastered in make-up and you don't even need to use a lot!