MAC Pro Longwear Foundation

MAC Pro Longwear Foundation

3.8

Active Ingredient: Titanium Dioxide 4.7% Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Trimethyl Pentaphenyl Trisiloxane, Phenyl Trimethicone, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Magnesium Sulfate, Tribehenin, Peg-10 Dimethicone, Bis-Peg/Ppg-14/14 Dimethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Dimethicone, Phenyl Methicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Cetyl Peg/Ppg-10/1 Dimethicone, Methicone, Tetramethyl Hexaphenyl Tetrasiloxane, Glycerin, Ethylhexylglycerin, Silica, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Laureth-7, Hexyl Laurate, Xanthan Gum, Cellulose Gum, Propylene Carbonate, Alumina, Polymethylsilsequioxane, Dimethicone Silylate, Phenoxyethanol, Sorbic Acid, Chlorphenesin [ /- Mica, Iron Oxides (C) 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (C) 77891, Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288) [September 17, 2010]

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I wear this foundation for when I am looking for something of higher quality to wear and I absolutely love it!

This foundation is medium coverage but is build-able (I build it to a high coverage quite easily). It can be quite drying on the skin but I always use the Neutrogena Hydro Boost Moisturizer under my make up which is extremely hydrating.
I like a matte finish and this always achieves that look.

It's longevity is also fantastic. I will wear this out if I am going to a club where it is quite hot and stuffy (and when you're dancing in such a humid environment it can be hard not to sweat!) and this foundation does not budge! It is fantastic.

If you're looking for a foundation with a great matte finish and amazing longevity, look no further!

on 8/19/2016 12:27:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This is a great foundation, it has a light/medium coverage but definitely buildable, it lasts amazing well on oily skin like mine and has a decent colour selection! The only thing I don't like about the MAC prolong wear foundation is that it can feel a bit sticky on the skin but given that it lasts so incredibly well throughout the whole day, it's not a big deal! Also, it still makes your skin look healthy and full of life unlike other long wearing foundations that I've tried which is such an added bonus. If have oily skin like me, definitely get a sample from Mac and give it a go. You won't be disappointed!

To Read all 1037 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Honestly, this just isn't a good foundation. Sure, it is high coverage - but high coverage in way that makes your skin look quite flat and not flat-tering at all. Its' quite drying, so definitely not recommended for people with dry/sensitive skin. Plus, I'm pretty sure this one makes my skin break out. I only used this a few times, which irks me since MAC foundations aren't the cheapest on the market.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

It is long lasting, coverage is very good but it can be a bit drying.
SPF is only 10 and it smells a bit funky but it's always my go-to foundation for the summer months

on 8/8/2016 10:34:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

I have a ton of foundations in my arsenal but this is the one I can rely on when I need something that will last and look good all day. I have other foundations that are long lasting by the likes of Laura Mercier, Becca and Kevyn Aucoin. But the Pro-Longwear is my favourite.

What I love about Pro-Longwear is that it lasts and still looks relatively fresh at the end of the day after about 12 hours of wear and blotting.

Another thing I like about this foundation is the colour. I'm an NC42 and I found that the NC42 in the Pro-Longwear line looks warmer than the others. It is more golden-almost orange which is perfect for my undertones. The coverage is medium-buildable which is fine although I wouldn't mind a fuller coverage version of it.

*I've yet to try the newer water-resistant Pro-Longwear so I don't know how that compares to the old formula.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have been a big fan of MAC's Studio Fix Fluid and this is from someone who has a few old pitted scars and combination dry skin (oily t-zone). SFF has a good way of smoothing out the skin and making the texture of my skin more visually appealing.

So I was quite hesitant to try this foundation but since I am on a hunt for a good everyday long lasting foundation I gave this one a whirl. FYI - I am NC 20 on SFF but the lady at the counter told me that PLW runs a bit lighter and recommended NC25 instead and yes! it was a perfect match.

I used this yesterday on a hot humid day and typically I am the type that cringes whenever I have to check myself in mirror inside a car. To me, this is a good way of checking how the foundation looks on low natural light and no kidding it made my skin so flawless but in a natural matte finish. I don't know how to describe it but it looked so good and it lasted me a whole solid 10 hours.

I used ELF HD translucent powder to set the foundation. Overall, I would highly recommend this foundation and make sure that you have exfoliated your skin and you have prep'd your skin well (i.e. moisturize and primer)

on 7/28/2016 4:54:00 AM

I have a sample of this foundation from a mac counter and, oh my, I did not like it at all all over my face at all. However, I felt I could find another use for this foundation. Since I have breakout prone skin, I decided to try the rest of the sample pot as a spot concealer... and it works so well! It is very mat, thick full-coverage and really long lasting formula .. and I got it for free! Definitely wouldn't put it again all over my face since it left a mask-like effect, but on targeted breakout areas it works so well. But still, would I buy a full bottle? No.

on 7/26/2016 1:04:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I've really been loving long wear foundations this summer. This is no exception. It has good coverage and a semi-matte finish that lasts. The only issue I have with it is the shade I have NC35 is slightly too yellow for me, but once it's blended out you can't tell. Good, but not my favorite, which by the way, is Revlon Colorstay.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Bought it from the MAC store after trying it on. NC30 suited my shade perfectly and in the studio it looked fantastic - when I wore it the next day, turns out it has very poor oil control. Even a drugstore LOREAL True Match foundation has better control than this.

Returned it immediately.

on 7/25/2016 8:04:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Disaster foundation when tried on me- too cakey, too dry, oxidised to look green. Probably one of my least favourite mac foundations.

May suit someone who's definitely more on the oilier side. It is indeed long wearing, matte finish with medium to full coverage. I'm yet to meet someone who can rock this one.