MAC Pro Longwear Foundation

MAC Pro Longwear Foundation

3.8

Active Ingredient: Titanium Dioxide 4.7% Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Trimethyl Pentaphenyl Trisiloxane, Phenyl Trimethicone, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Magnesium Sulfate, Tribehenin, Peg-10 Dimethicone, Bis-Peg/Ppg-14/14 Dimethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Dimethicone, Phenyl Methicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Cetyl Peg/Ppg-10/1 Dimethicone, Methicone, Tetramethyl Hexaphenyl Tetrasiloxane, Glycerin, Ethylhexylglycerin, Silica, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Laureth-7, Hexyl Laurate, Xanthan Gum, Cellulose Gum, Propylene Carbonate, Alumina, Polymethylsilsequioxane, Dimethicone Silylate, Phenoxyethanol, Sorbic Acid, Chlorphenesin [ /- Mica, Iron Oxides (C) 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (C) 77891, Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288) [September 17, 2010]

on 11/14/2017 6:31:00 AM

I started using this foundation when I was just into makeup. For me, this was the first “high end” foundation I ever used. I was young, didnt know anything about skincare so my skin was a mess. With this foundation, that was not a big deal at all, the coverage is great. If you struggle with redness or acne scars, I would really recommand this one. Also, the foundation doesn’t get oily during the day, it just stays on.
The only downside are the colours, more specific, the fact that there are not many. For me, it’s always mixing mixing mixing, but not everyone is into that. However, it would be worth it!

on 9/18/2017 6:08:00 PM

This is honestly whatever. I bought this two years ago when MAC was still "ooh ahh" to me and I thought it was going to be the magic foundation to cover my horribly breaking out at the time skin. First off, the girls at the counter are rude af. I wanted to actually buy product and I was ignored and these little girls playing in testers were catered to. The girl that finally helped me was nice but she tried to give me a shade that was too light at first because she was testing on my hand, but I tan and my hands don't. She gave me a shade I was more comfortable with NW25. This is really liquidy, it's alright but nothing amazing imo. It can be built up. Covers alright. Doesn't hold back any oils. Today I finally used up the last little bit and realaized the W must stand for warm and I wouldn't say I'm a warm undertone, more neutral to cool. So I think nC25 would have been a better fit for me. Because today I realaized at the end of the day that I was looking kind of orangey. So that annoyed me. Honestly this is way overpriced at $35. Mac is overhyped as a brand I think. And I don't like that they test on animals. I've tried drugstore foundations similar or even better than this one. I feel like there's SO much out there now I'd be better off trying than using this. Also, I never really noticed it before because I didn't pay attention, so that's not saying it DIDNT happen, but I swear this shit broke me out today. There's a pimple I swear wasn't there today under my chin and my jawline feels bumpier than before. I'm pissed. I remember when I first bought it an acquaintance was like oh take it back it broke me out and I was like eh whatever not everyone has the same skin but I'm 99% this caused my skin to freak out today. Don't recommend. Wouldn't buy again. Or probably any Mac foundation tbh. I'm over Mac.

on 8/12/2017 1:41:00 PM

The only Mac foundation that worth the hype.Lasts all day,cover everything,doesn't enphasize too much wrinkes and fine lines.I'm not a huge fan of matte finish anymore, but if it's your case, go ahead!Excellent

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

It's ok. I only bought this because I get MAC Pro discount and it's literally the only one I haven't tried. After being a doublewear fan forever, I thought this would be a cheaper option, but it really just didn't perform anywhere near as well as lauder's doublewear. It just didn't look right. It wasn't necessarily cakey, but I could see it on my face. It didn't last the whole day either. My face got really shiny about midday and that was it for me. I'll pop it in my freelance kit.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Finally found a fit for my yellow undertone but sometimes i find it a shade darker than my actual skin tone when i am tanning.But overall its a great match if you have yellow undertone!I normally set my foundation with a powder or else it would oxidize.One lippie off because its way too pricey.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Not sure if others have mentioned this before, but I just want to say that NW15 in this formula is totally not what I'd expect from an NW15. Based on, say, the Studio Finish concealer, I expect NW15 to be quite light (though not ghostly pale) and pink toned, whereas this is pretty much olive toned, or at least very neutral, and it's quite dark.
I'm currently around an NC25, but I have a cool yellow or olive undertone, so MAC NCs are usually too warm yellow on me and NWs are usually way too pink. I was randomly browsing swatches of this foundation online and noticed that the NW20 looked pink as expected, but the NW15 looked as dark as the NC25 and more neutral/green, so I went and got a sample and I'm shocked that it's a near perfect match. NW15 would normally be the completely wrong shade for me and I'd never have thought of trying it. I'll need to remember to test a larger range of MAC shades next time since they seem to vary so much from one formula to another.

on 6/27/2017 7:39:00 AM

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

I went to store expecting to find full coverage foundation that lasts all day with a warm undertone. I have a good intuition, so it told me that I should pick this product. And also it's package looked nice and it's a reason to buy it too. Despite that the consultant picked a lot lighter color than my face and body and I looked like with a white mask on my face, I really loved it.(I decided to buy another darker colour bottle of it and mix those two) I love how it applies, how it lasts, blends and stays all day on my a little bit oily skin. Now I can touch my face and don't have to worry about the spots on my face. I can even cry or walk in the rain and still have beautiful flawless looking skin. I would definetely recommend it to a full coverage lovers !

on 6/9/2017 9:41:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

Wears like iron and I love that! Like. IRON! Now the color was way off. I got my usual NW45 and it is way too light. 1 lippie off for that. So I mix it with the pro longwear concealer in NW45 to get a color closer to my skin. This is also a medium coverage foundation at best and I really do not have time for that. I love full coverage. But I am oily as hell and this lasts like a dream on my skin. I will certainly repurchase in a deeper shade. Yay for the pump!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

I work 12 hour shifts so I need foundations that last. I have used 6 bottles of this foundation, no joke. One bottle last about 8 to 9 months, sometimes 12 months depending on whether or not I am trying out other foundation formulas. I love the creamy consistency, the semi-matte finish, and the coverage, which is medium coverage but could easily be built up to full coverage. My shade is NC25 which is a perfect match for me. I have combination skin all year around, but a little greasier during summer months. I don’t have major skin issues that require a ton of coverage, just sun spots typical of my age. When using this foundation I have to blot once during my work shift, but overall it doesn’t melt down very easy. This is my second most favorite foundation ever. My number one is Estee Lauder Double Wear.

on 5/30/2017 5:28:00 AM

Bought this not too long ago but this foundation is hands down the WORST foundation I have ever tried in all my life. I got matched perfectly with NC40 by a mac artist at the store so initially, I was excited because of the perfect color match. I wore it the next day and as the day went on the foundation began to feel kind of itchy. Once I got home and I washed my face I noticed several clustered bumps on my face. Mind you, I do not have acne prone skin and only get one or two minor pimples during the time of the month but that's about it, nothing major. It ended up becoming a rash and so I had to return it. This has never happened to me with any other foundation. It was awful! Be careful if you have sensitive skin. I don't have sensitive skin but can't imagine what this would be like for someone that does. Definitely would never recommend.