MAC Pro Longwear Foundation

MAC Pro Longwear Foundation

3.8

Active Ingredient: Titanium Dioxide 4.7% Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Trimethyl Pentaphenyl Trisiloxane, Phenyl Trimethicone, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Magnesium Sulfate, Tribehenin, Peg-10 Dimethicone, Bis-Peg/Ppg-14/14 Dimethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Dimethicone, Phenyl Methicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Cetyl Peg/Ppg-10/1 Dimethicone, Methicone, Tetramethyl Hexaphenyl Tetrasiloxane, Glycerin, Ethylhexylglycerin, Silica, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Laureth-7, Hexyl Laurate, Xanthan Gum, Cellulose Gum, Propylene Carbonate, Alumina, Polymethylsilsequioxane, Dimethicone Silylate, Phenoxyethanol, Sorbic Acid, Chlorphenesin [ /- Mica, Iron Oxides (C) 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (C) 77891, Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288) [September 17, 2010]

on 6/9/2017 9:41:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

Wears like iron and I love that! Like. IRON! Now the color was way off. I got my usual NW45 and it is way too light. 1 lippie off for that. So I mix it with the pro longwear concealer in NW45 to get a color closer to my skin. This is also a medium coverage foundation at best and I really do not have time for that. I love full coverage. But I am oily as hell and this lasts like a dream on my skin. I will certainly repurchase in a deeper shade. Yay for the pump!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

I work 12 hour shifts so I need foundations that last. I have used 6 bottles of this foundation, no joke. One bottle last about 8 to 9 months, sometimes 12 months depending on whether or not I am trying out other foundation formulas. I love the creamy consistency, the semi-matte finish, and the coverage, which is medium coverage but could easily be built up to full coverage. My shade is NC25 which is a perfect match for me. I have combination skin all year around, but a little greasier during summer months. I don’t have major skin issues that require a ton of coverage, just sun spots typical of my age. When using this foundation I have to blot once during my work shift, but overall it doesn’t melt down very easy. This is my second most favorite foundation ever. My number one is Estee Lauder Double Wear.

on 5/30/2017 5:28:00 AM

Bought this not too long ago but this foundation is hands down the WORST foundation I have ever tried in all my life. I got matched perfectly with NC40 by a mac artist at the store so initially, I was excited because of the perfect color match. I wore it the next day and as the day went on the foundation began to feel kind of itchy. Once I got home and I washed my face I noticed several clustered bumps on my face. Mind you, I do not have acne prone skin and only get one or two minor pimples during the time of the month but that's about it, nothing major. It ended up becoming a rash and so I had to return it. This has never happened to me with any other foundation. It was awful! Be careful if you have sensitive skin. I don't have sensitive skin but can't imagine what this would be like for someone that does. Definitely would never recommend.

on 5/27/2017 12:28:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

awful Foundation, it cakes and it smudges off, it's horrible, it doesn't hide anything that it should, it does not stay on at all, it changes color after few hours.

This foundation is the Worst foundation i have ever tried, it is SO cakey That you won't even believe it. WHATEVER primer, powder, concealer i use, it just so HORRIBLE

This is the worst foundation i have ever seen. It transfers really easily if u dont apply powder and it gets cakey. I dont recomend this to anyone ever

on 2/15/2017 1:36:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I find this foundation in my opinion to be a bit overrated. As much as it looks quite nice when first applied, it transfers really easy and separates after a couple of hours of wear. Usually when I get home after my day the foundation looks extremely cakey and worn out. I am in shade NC20 and find this shade to match me the best out of most of my foundations. However in saying this I find pro-longwear to not look very nice in photos. When I go to take selfies in this foundation it looks like I am wearing a mask even though I always blend my foundation down my neck. The good side to this foundation is it does feel somewhat breathable and looks flattering after first applying. I once went to put a jumper on and it clearly rubbed onto my jumper because when I went to a mirror there was a massive mark across my face. I don't love this foundation, but I don't hate it either. I rarely use it anymore.

on 1/10/2017 9:31:00 PM

I don't use this often because I have dry skin, and because the color I have is way too light. That said, for the intended purpose, it works great. It looks alright in photographs- wouldn't use if I were a bride/in the bridal party, at graduation, other important events that involve a lot of pictures. Unfortunately it is events like these that require long wearing foundation.
I put it to the ultimate test when I wore it at 5 pm for a wedding, and came home the next morning at 7 am and it was still very much intact and so was everything I put on it (blush, bronzer, etc)
I can see this being a great foundation for people that have long work days and wear makeup. If you have very dry skin, it still works, but with some extra care in terms of moisturizer or in more humid weather.
This seems to also run a little less yellow and slightly lighter than the studio fix fluid.

on 12/20/2016 12:38:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This product is truly great. I love it. I use it daily since I have a extremely hectic schedule. I put it on at 5.30am and it stays pretty solid until 6pm-ish.
the price is about 32$. Which can be pretty pricey for some, But for the people who are really into makeup ( like myself) it is worth the price.
One thing I have noticed is that it it occasionally highlights the baby-fine hair around my mouth and cheeks. A way that I have noticed to really solve the problem is apply foundation with a flat head foundation brush then use the beauty blender to " beat your face". The more you use the sponge the more it really falls into your skin, covering blemishes without highlighting the hair or looking cakey.
The only downside to this foundation is if you move quite a bit and become a little sweaty even though wearing primer some spots come through. for myself its around the mouth and nose.
I have extremely sensitive skin so no matter the weather if i don't moisturize minimum 2x a day my skin will begin to peel around the mouth. I use witchazel to get rid of the oil without drying my skin before moisturizing then using primer then my M.A.C foundation.

on 12/17/2016 3:54:00 PM

my skin is combinate ,oil, I use this foundation in evening. Its very good when you need to stay long night,evening or go to dance. But in the day time i prefer other foundation ,because this is to hard for day:)