Essence Lash and Brow Gel Mascara

Price: $

Price: $

on 12/30/2015 10:40:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Amazing product,I'm using it for years.It keeps my "a bit curly" eyebrows in place.I have used it as a mascara on pool/beach and it gives a little "glamour" to the lashes.They look a bit longer,shiny and wet.Love it.

on 10/24/2014 10:17:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Whenever I brush this product into my brows, the filling of my brows just rubs offs and disappears, like I never ever even filled in my brows. The product makes my brow hairs stick together, this is maybe because of the super wet formula or the really big brush. You can't really go wrong with such a cheap product and if you want to, its worth trying. Have never tried it as a mascara and really don't see a need for a clear mascara. It's a BARELY alright product. The packaging is cute and simple though.

on 5/4/2014 4:52:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

I use this for my brows and thought I was getting a great deal for the price. I think the price is making people think the product is better than it is. To start, the wand is a little too big IMO. Secondly, this didn't hold my brows in place at all. It lasted maybe an hour and then it was like there was nothing on them. It doesn't leave any flakes so I guess that's a pro?

Like a lot of Essence products, the packaging is horrendous. This one is particularly unsightly and looks even worse the more you use it. I feel like Essence products are really hit or miss. For me, this was a miss.

on 4/13/2014 9:10:00 AM

Don't have any other product to compare this to but It really impressed me in terms of how long it made my brows stay put for a whole day. This retails for under $5 AUD and my local pharmacy had a 40% off sale so it was not a huge dent in my pocket if it wasn't good but it was. Will definitely repurchase and recommend and I'm happy to be one of many ladies who agree it is great value. x

on 11/3/2013 8:38:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Best drugstore gel! I often get questions on how my eyebrows hair stays in place because people can never detect the gel. I also have extremely sensitive skin and this did not irritate me at all. I only think the packaging/lid is ugly.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

At only $3.95 I decided to go with this for my first brow gel to try and it has been good but nothing great honestly. It is clear and the packaging is transparent so you can see the colour change completely from your brow products which people find gross but I find the shade matches your brows better. I prefer it now after a few months use now that the colour isn't so clear because I found it would leave noticeable clumps of product in my brows at times, meaning that it picks up way too much product.

Longevity wise, I found my brows stayed in place for only half a day before going back to a soft feel like they normally would. It does give a hard crunchy feel but that's why it holds the style. So for that it isn't great because the unruly ones will come out of place throughout the day.

The packaging itself is cheap and you pay for that. After 3 months of pretty much daily use the wand has snapped off from the lid just now which I'm not happy with as I still have a lot of product left. For the price its nothing upsetting just more annoying really.

Overall, a decent product that is super cheap so its definitely something that won't hurt to buy.

I just bought this product from Priceline now and tried it.
Have to say it works amazing and super super cheap!
For a while I was using Benefit Brow's "Speed Brow" to keep my eyebrows in shape.... and this product does the exact same thing.
For all the people who said it was "wet" maybe you are using to much! Would recommend this product and buy again!

I did review on this product:

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I am so happy with this. It's been really hard for me in Ontario Canada to find clear mascara/eyebrow gel for some reason, and I found this little baby at shoppers for 2.99$ - dirt cheap, I'm stocking up next time I go because it's just such a wonderful product. I like the wet texture, perfect for rosy cheeks and some lipgloss at the beach (so my mascara won't run in the water but still makes my lashes look fab!) so pleased. I also LOVE using it for baby hairs/strays that won't stay down, it's such a cheap alternative to the more expensive ones

Popular Mascaras