essence Lash and Brow Gel Mascara

Filtered by eye Color : Green
essence Lash and Brow Gel Mascara
Lash and Brow Gel MascaraLash and Brow Gel MascaraLash and Brow Gel MascaraLash and Brow Gel Mascara

3.5

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Unfortunately my Target stopped carrying this. This stuff kept my eyebrows in place all day, made them look more natural and complete after filling them in with my ABH gel, was cheap, had no smell, had a great brush, lasted a long time, and had cute non-faulty packaging. Plus it was cheap. I couldn’t ask for anything else!

on 9/25/2014 7:16:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Fine

It's great. Does the job. Holds my eyebrows in place for a good while. Super cheap. What is there not to like? Even the brush is a quite nice size. Have not tried it on my eyelashes.

on 10/6/2013 2:19:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Great brow gel on those days you just want to put them into place. I do not use it on top of filler. I have very thick brow and a swipe of this and I'm out of the door.

I only use this as an eye brow gel, and it really serves its purpose for that. I comb it through my brows to shape them and then the produvt holds the shape all day. (warning: when I use to much it becomes visible on the brows, kind of greyish and crusty...not cute)

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

I have thick and unruly eyebrows and this pretty much keeps them in place. Amazing for the price! I also use it on my eyelashes (over the top of my mascara) and it stays well and looks great :) it does take a few minutes to dry but I've never found that an issue. I've bought 3 tubes already and will continue to keep repurchasing!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I love this now that I understand what it's for. This isn't meant to hold your eyebrows in place like hairspray - this hydrates your eyebrows after applying powder to fill them. First I brush out my brows, then use a MAC angled brush to put Tarte eyebrow powder on, then open the Essence brow gel and wipe most of the product off on the neck of the bottle, and apply to my eyebrows in one or two gentle swipes. It basically takes away the fake look of overly powdered brows and makes them look natural. I've been using this product for a couple of years now and I'm very happy with it. If I do want to have a strong hold on my brows, I simply spray a clean Mascara wand with hairspray and brush my brows out.

on 10/25/2016 12:13:00 AM

Great basic brow gel. Can be a little gloppy if you use too much and I would prefer a shorter, squatter spoolie brush rather than the fairly standard mascara spoolie wand included. Nonetheless does the job and does it well. Keeps brows in place all day without being crusty or shiny. Can brush through without creating flakes or crustiness (though of course that will impact the hold). $3 and better than the ELF version. Haven't used for lashes, just brows, but would recommend for that if you aren't looking for anything fancy.

on 3/29/2015 5:01:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is an amazing eyebrow gel!! I was really shocked at how strong of a hold this had, my eyebrows were kept in place all day long! I took one lippie off because the brush picks up too much product when it comes out of the tube, so be careful and be sure to wipe the brush off when applying.

on 4/3/2013 6:23:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I have used this product only to set brows.

Pros:
- Non flaky
- Doesn't make eyebrows feel crispy
- Odorless
- The packaging is not bad
- Cheap

Cons:
- I don't think it keeps brows in place all day
- Feels somewhat wet

I don't have thick or unruly eyebrows so I think I'll repurchase.

on 4/11/2017 1:32:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I bought this spontaneously after I ran out of E.L.F. Lash and Brow Mascara. I only use it on my brows. It's a clear and unscented thin gel which gives a very wet effect once applied, but dries in a couple of minutes. However, this product does not really hold my brows in place well. Also, the inner blue part of the lid broke off in a couple of months for no reason.
Will not repurchase even though it is very affordable.