Essence Lash and Brow Gel Mascara

Essence Lash and Brow Gel Mascara
Lash and Brow Gel MascaraLash and Brow Gel MascaraLash and Brow Gel Mascara

3.3

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Not a very good mascara.
Which surprised me cause I associate Essence with having some of the best mascaras in the drugstore.

Although for brows I guess this is good, I don't do much with setting brows or anything, mainly cause if I get too creative with my brows I turn into a caterpillar and it's just not a good look on me unfortunately.
That being said, it seems to do whatever a brow gel should do, although it doesn't have much hold but my eyebrow hair is thick-as in each hair strand is thick so when they get together it's a little chaotic. But I like this I guess, I just feel a little cheated mainly cause I wanted a mascara. I'm probably going to wait until my favorite mascara from them-the one in the purple tube comes back in stock, or just buy the less extreme volume one. Hopefully that one will work the way I want it to.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I love this now that I understand what it's for. This isn't meant to hold your eyebrows in place like hairspray - this hydrates your eyebrows after applying powder to fill them. First I brush out my brows, then use a MAC angled brush to put Tarte eyebrow powder on, then open the Essence brow gel and wipe most of the product off on the neck of the bottle, and apply to my eyebrows in one or two gentle swipes. It basically takes away the fake look of overly powdered brows and makes them look natural. I've been using this product for a couple of years now and I'm very happy with it. If I do want to have a strong hold on my brows, I simply spray a clean Mascara wand with hairspray and brush my brows out.

on 10/25/2016 12:13:00 AM

Great basic brow gel. Can be a little gloppy if you use too much and I would prefer a shorter, squatter spoolie brush rather than the fairly standard mascara spoolie wand included. Nonetheless does the job and does it well. Keeps brows in place all day without being crusty or shiny. Can brush through without creating flakes or crustiness (though of course that will impact the hold). $3 and better than the ELF version. Haven't used for lashes, just brows, but would recommend for that if you aren't looking for anything fancy.

on 2/7/2016 3:44:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I didnt like this product cause the result wasn't longlasting.Not a good staying powder....definitely not buying again

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

First of all, the packaging broke about a week in when I was putting the wand back in the container.

The gel itself isn't anything special. It stays wet for about an hour on me, doesn't hold my brows in place at all. For me, it's basically like putting water on my brows. I'm throwing it away and will never repurchase.

ETA: The packaging actually broke twice -- the twisty part of the cap and the wand. Completely useless. I'd rather pay for the Anastasia one that works better and the packaging is great.

on 3/29/2015 5:01:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is an amazing eyebrow gel!! I was really shocked at how strong of a hold this had, my eyebrows were kept in place all day long! I took one lippie off because the brush picks up too much product when it comes out of the tube, so be careful and be sure to wipe the brush off when applying.

on 9/25/2014 7:16:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Fine

It's great. Does the job. Holds my eyebrows in place for a good while. Super cheap. What is there not to like? Even the brush is a quite nice size. Have not tried it on my eyelashes.

on 6/19/2014 2:44:00 AM

Can't fault Essence for the price and value of this gel. I have used it for both lashes and brows and found that it gave me pimples around my eyebrows when used to set them. It does an alright job of grooming brows but, it is not anything special. When used on my lashes I find it takes a very long time to dry and there aren't many results.
There is no smell and you can't tell you have it on at all. It's definitely value for money but, I do believer there are betters gels out there.

I only use this as an eye brow gel, and it really serves its purpose for that. I comb it through my brows to shape them and then the produvt holds the shape all day. (warning: when I use to much it becomes visible on the brows, kind of greyish and crusty...not cute)

on 4/3/2013 6:23:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I have used this product only to set brows.

Pros:
- Non flaky
- Doesn't make eyebrows feel crispy
- Odorless
- The packaging is not bad
- Cheap

Cons:
- I don't think it keeps brows in place all day
- Feels somewhat wet

I don't have thick or unruly eyebrows so I think I'll repurchase.

Popular Mascaras