Essence Lash and Brow Gel Mascara

Filtered by eye Color : Hazel
Essence Lash and Brow Gel Mascara
Lash and Brow Gel MascaraLash and Brow Gel MascaraLash and Brow Gel MascaraLash and Brow Gel Mascara

4.4

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I don't like this product as a mascara because it stings if I get it in my eyes and it doesn't really do much length/volume/curl so I only use it as a brow gel. It is, however, an excellent brow gel! You must use a light hand however because if you brush too hard, whatever you used to fill in your brows will transfer onto the spoolie wand. It dries transparent with no waxy sheen and it doesn't flake or crunch. I love the clear packaging because you can see how much product is left. I'd admit the packaging isn't fancy, but I don't care because the product is cheap
($2.99 Canadian at Shoppers Drugmart), the product works, and no one is going to see the packaging anyways. I won't be repurchasing just because I want to get a tinted brow gel so I won't have to fill in my brows and add clear gel.

I'd recommend this product to anyone

on 12/10/2016 3:39:00 PM

Works. Cheap. Keeps eyebrows in place without any embarrassing crunchiness, or flaky clumps. With this I can set em and forget about em. Yay

Yasssss. This is a fav bc it's so cheap and so good! And you get a lot of product. Only drawback is that it gets a muddy color as you use it -so by the end it's not really translucent

on 10/22/2016 6:07:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I use this product exclusively for a brow gel so this review is for that use only. I have never used it as a mascara so I can't review it for that purpose.

First, I must say that my favorite brow gel is WnW clear mascara but for some reason that has become impossible for me to find. So, as I was browsing the cheapie section at Ulta this Essence product caught my eye and I decided to give it a try.

As my brows are quite dense and dark in color I use the a clear brow gel to tame my brows and hold them in place. This product does the job but doesn't seem to have the same hold as the WnW.

It applies sort of wet so you need to be sure to wipe the brush before application. Though it doesn't have the same hold others I have tried, the hold is adequate and doesn't leave your brows crunchy. There is no shine associated with the product either so you look natural, not like you have greasy eyebrows.

This comes packaged in the standard mascara tube with the standard mascara brush. The tube on this one is clear so you can see how much product you have left.

I paid $2.99 plus tax at Ulta. A bargain price for this product. I would definitely repurchase as I use this almost daily.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

SUCH A GOOD PRODUCT ! Personally I only use it to keep my brows in shape after I do them, because I hate finding stray brow hairs have been sticking out during the day.

Pros:
ALWAYS keeps brows in place ALL DAY
Totally clear, can't even tell its there when it dries
There's heaps in the bottle, over 150 uses I'd say

Cons: it has never ever bothered me, but when your it dries and you touch your brow, you can feel it's there slightly, and if you put too much on you might feel it when you move your brows up and down, but that's kinda to be expected with brow gel.

on 12/8/2015 7:32:00 PM

I bought the product for $4.10 AUD which is super cheap if you're living in Australia and it works well for the price. For me it works well and it sets down the hairs and tames brow hairs into place. I only have a few brow hairs that tend to stray a little so I use this product to tame the brow and make sure my brows look defined. When applying just make sure to remove excess product off the brush or you will use a bit too much product which can remove or smear some of the brow products you have used to fill in brows. Definitely will be repurchasing and it doesn't hurt to try this product as it's pretty cheap! :)

PROS:
Tames hair, does it's basic job of taming brows, less than $5 AUD!

CONS:
nothing really

This product is a whatever product. Packaging is meh, but the formula is quite horrid. I had to apply 2-3 coats over each other to get my brows to stay in place. I much prefer the anastasia clear brow gel instead of this. At the end of the day, my brows feel like they haven't even been set with a gel. There's many other brow gels out there.

I bought this to set my eyebrows after filling them in as I don't see the point in paying a lot of money for a product that can't really screw anything up. I use it every morning over my eyebrow pencil and it dries quickly without going on overly wet. It holds my (heavily filled in) brows in place all day without them smudging or losing their place.

The price is amazing (AUD$3) and I like that the packaging is clear so you can see how much product is left. I've already repurchased this several times.

on 8/18/2014 12:20:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is my first brown gel, so I don't have much to compare it to, but it works great for me! It goes on smoothly and the brush grooms my brows nicely and much more easily that I was expecting. I haven't noticed any clumping, and the gel is not visible after it dries. I also have not experienced any flaking. The tube is clear and fun to use - it's neat to be able to see the product and how much you have left! The price is cheap and cheerful. I'd say that the biggest downfall is that it doesn't have extreme holding power, but if you're careful about not touching your face then it 'holds' up just fine lol.

on 6/19/2014 2:44:00 AM

Can't fault Essence for the price and value of this gel. I have used it for both lashes and brows and found that it gave me pimples around my eyebrows when used to set them. It does an alright job of grooming brows but, it is not anything special. When used on my lashes I find it takes a very long time to dry and there aren't many results.
There is no smell and you can't tell you have it on at all. It's definitely value for money but, I do believer there are betters gels out there.