Essence Lash and Brow Gel Mascara

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
Essence Lash and Brow Gel Mascara
Lash and Brow Gel MascaraLash and Brow Gel MascaraLash and Brow Gel MascaraLash and Brow Gel Mascara

3.8

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Unfortunately my Target stopped carrying this. This stuff kept my eyebrows in place all day, made them look more natural and complete after filling them in with my ABH gel, was cheap, had no smell, had a great brush, lasted a long time, and had cute non-faulty packaging. Plus it was cheap. I couldn’t ask for anything else!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

I recently did an eyebrow stuffs haul and got a few inexpensive things to try, this being one. I wanted to compare it to ABH clear eyebrow jel and can honestly say this does a terrible job in comparison. Within minuts of using it on my eyebrows they are right back to where they were before I used it, it is like this has absolutely no hold at all.
I am not going to toss it just yet as I’m going to try using it on my eyelashes on no makeup days.

I like this for when im wearing no make up at all, like going to the beach, supermarket etc. it has a medium hold. I have thick eyebrow hairs so for an eyebrow gel to really glue my hairs in place i would need a powerful brow gel or by using the soap technique. This eyebrow gel holds it in place, yes, but if you accidentally rub your eyebrows it will move out of place. But it’s ok. I like the brush, it’s cheap, and i would repurchase anytime. The packaging is meh.. thats the only reason why i deducted a lippie.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I don't like this product as a mascara because it stings if I get it in my eyes and it doesn't really do much length/volume/curl so I only use it as a brow gel. It is, however, an excellent brow gel! You must use a light hand however because if you brush too hard, whatever you used to fill in your brows will transfer onto the spoolie wand. It dries transparent with no waxy sheen and it doesn't flake or crunch. I love the clear packaging because you can see how much product is left. I'd admit the packaging isn't fancy, but I don't care because the product is cheap
($2.99 Canadian at Shoppers Drugmart), the product works, and no one is going to see the packaging anyways. I won't be repurchasing just because I want to get a tinted brow gel so I won't have to fill in my brows and add clear gel.

I'd recommend this product to anyone

on 12/19/2016 6:23:00 AM

A perfectly good mascara for the brows. It does keep them in place and it's as good as my mac one, only way cheaper. I really like this brand

on 12/17/2016 6:49:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I'm really sad about this. The spoolie is enormous, wider than my eyebrow, and only has the capacity to either deposit nothing at all or a big blob of goo. The product just slimes up my eyebrows and does nothing. Why, Essence? Why??? Everyone said this brow gel was awesome. I feel betrayed.

on 10/25/2016 12:13:00 AM

Great basic brow gel. Can be a little gloppy if you use too much and I would prefer a shorter, squatter spoolie brush rather than the fairly standard mascara spoolie wand included. Nonetheless does the job and does it well. Keeps brows in place all day without being crusty or shiny. Can brush through without creating flakes or crustiness (though of course that will impact the hold). $3 and better than the ELF version. Haven't used for lashes, just brows, but would recommend for that if you aren't looking for anything fancy.

on 10/22/2016 6:07:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I use this product exclusively for a brow gel so this review is for that use only. I have never used it as a mascara so I can't review it for that purpose.

First, I must say that my favorite brow gel is WnW clear mascara but for some reason that has become impossible for me to find. So, as I was browsing the cheapie section at Ulta this Essence product caught my eye and I decided to give it a try.

As my brows are quite dense and dark in color I use the a clear brow gel to tame my brows and hold them in place. This product does the job but doesn't seem to have the same hold as the WnW.

It applies sort of wet so you need to be sure to wipe the brush before application. Though it doesn't have the same hold others I have tried, the hold is adequate and doesn't leave your brows crunchy. There is no shine associated with the product either so you look natural, not like you have greasy eyebrows.

This comes packaged in the standard mascara tube with the standard mascara brush. The tube on this one is clear so you can see how much product you have left.

I paid $2.99 plus tax at Ulta. A bargain price for this product. I would definitely repurchase as I use this almost daily.

on 10/14/2016 1:02:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I don't know.

I bought this because the elf one was out of stock and I had high hopes for this gel because I didn't want to have to keep wearing black mascara to school.

The formula is a watery gel and it doesn't set my brows ore eyelashes much plus it flakes off lot.

Will not repurchase.

on 8/22/2016 7:14:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I don't know if i like it or not. The formula is terrible. It is just too watery. it takes long to dry. This really has fixation and keeps eyebrows in shape, but you have to be carefull until is dry. Also if you apply brow powder, pomade or pencil it will wash a little bit of the color. And there is a lot product of the brush.
Won't buy this again.