Essence Lash and Brow Gel Mascara

Filtered by hair type : Straight
Essence Lash and Brow Gel Mascara
Lash and Brow Gel MascaraLash and Brow Gel MascaraLash and Brow Gel MascaraLash and Brow Gel Mascara

3.7

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This is my first brow gel, so I don't have anything to compare it to. My brows are full, and I always just used some brow powder prior to this. Now that I've added this gel, I feel like my brows look much cleaner without hairs out of place. I rarely need a touch up during the day, so that's not an issue for me.

I don't use this for my eyelashes since I don't get the point of that, but the one time I tried it there I didn't have any irritation :)

Love this gel to use on my lashes for a no-makeup look. Never used it on my brows because it's too wet for my liking & I guess would ruin the brow look if you use powder products.
Pros: affordable; no irritation on my eyes which are pretty sensitive (for ref. I can't wear Maybelline mascaras); no lash falls; hold the curl & give more awake look; simple but sturdy packaging;
Cons: none really

This is a miss for me. I have used clear brow gels before and I most of the time use it to hold my stubborn straight lashes in place after I curled them.

This does not do anything for me. It just makes my lashes wet instantly and I lose all the curls, and it is damn near impossible to curl them again after. Which is really odd because if this is a clear mascara I would think the only think it does for your lashes is to hold curls since it has no color. I guess I just real,y don't get it.

I will return to my MAC clear brow gels that I been using for 15 years - oldie but a goodie.

on 4/11/2017 1:32:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I bought this spontaneously after I ran out of E.L.F. Lash and Brow Mascara. I only use it on my brows. It's a clear and unscented thin gel which gives a very wet effect once applied, but dries in a couple of minutes. However, this product does not really hold my brows in place well. Also, the inner blue part of the lid broke off in a couple of months for no reason.
Will not repurchase even though it is very affordable.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Not a very good mascara.
Which surprised me cause I associate Essence with having some of the best mascaras in the drugstore.

Although for brows I guess this is good, I don't do much with setting brows or anything, mainly cause if I get too creative with my brows I turn into a caterpillar and it's just not a good look on me unfortunately.
That being said, it seems to do whatever a brow gel should do, although it doesn't have much hold but my eyebrow hair is thick-as in each hair strand is thick so when they get together it's a little chaotic. But I like this I guess, I just feel a little cheated mainly cause I wanted a mascara. I'm probably going to wait until my favorite mascara from them-the one in the purple tube comes back in stock, or just buy the less extreme volume one. Hopefully that one will work the way I want it to.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I use a clear brow gel every day (with or without powder), so it's essential to my routine, but I don't want to pay a lot of money for such a boring product. This one is great primarily because it's inexpensive.
The applicator can pick up globs of gel, so it's a good idea to wipe it on the lip of the tube before applying. The brush is pretty big but easy to use, and it takes a while to dry. Once it is dry, though, I find that it holds my brows in place all day. There isn't much that's exciting about it, but it gets the job done. I can't see this doing anything for lashes, though.

on 2/18/2016 10:14:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I love this product, I have been using it for five years. So basic, yet so good. Plus it is inexpensive and it does what it says.

I don't do anything to my brows makeup-wise. I only use this product because my brows are quite thick and unruly and I need something to tame them and make them look polished. This clear gel does the job perfectly without breaking the bank.

*it always holds my brows in place even if there is a downpour outside (I live in London and this proved to be the true test for the holding power of this product and it passed it successfully!)
*it is truly clear and transparent; it does not have any white-ish or grey-ish cast
* it is not extremely wet and it does not leave the brows looking overly shiny or greasy
* when it dries down, it does not leave my brows with any white flakes/streaks (my previous clear brow gel used to do that after a couple of hours)

I have tried this product on my lashes and it did nothing, I did not notice any change/ lash definition. But my brow experience was the complete opposite.

So, if you want to an excellent gel to set your brows, which is very cheap, you should try this!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

First of all, the packaging broke about a week in when I was putting the wand back in the container.

The gel itself isn't anything special. It stays wet for about an hour on me, doesn't hold my brows in place at all. For me, it's basically like putting water on my brows. I'm throwing it away and will never repurchase.

ETA: The packaging actually broke twice -- the twisty part of the cap and the wand. Completely useless. I'd rather pay for the Anastasia one that works better and the packaging is great.

on 5/26/2015 4:06:00 AM

It gives me the perfect eyebrow. Doesn't budge at all and keeps my eyebrow at place. Lovin it.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Great product to set your brows in place.

Pros:
- Cheap
- Last long
- Works great

Cons:
- The wand broke into the lid of the product so I cant use it anymore

But given the price, I would totally repurchase again. Just make sure you dont twist too hard when you close the product.