Essence Lash and Brow Gel Mascara

Lash and Brow Gel MascaraLash and Brow Gel MascaraLash and Brow Gel Mascara

3.8

on 4/11/2017 1:32:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I bought this spontaneously after I ran out of E.L.F. Lash and Brow Mascara. I only use it on my brows. It's a clear and unscented thin gel which gives a very wet effect once applied, but dries in a couple of minutes. However, this product does not really hold my brows in place well. Also, the inner blue part of the lid broke off in a couple of months for no reason.
Will not repurchase even though it is very affordable.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I use a clear brow gel every day (with or without powder), so it's essential to my routine, but I don't want to pay a lot of money for such a boring product. This one is great primarily because it's inexpensive.
The applicator can pick up globs of gel, so it's a good idea to wipe it on the lip of the tube before applying. The brush is pretty big but easy to use, and it takes a while to dry. Once it is dry, though, I find that it holds my brows in place all day. There isn't much that's exciting about it, but it gets the job done. I can't see this doing anything for lashes, though.

on 2/18/2016 10:14:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I love this product, I have been using it for five years. So basic, yet so good. Plus it is inexpensive and it does what it says.

I don't do anything to my brows makeup-wise. I only use this product because my brows are quite thick and unruly and I need something to tame them and make them look polished. This clear gel does the job perfectly without breaking the bank.

*it always holds my brows in place even if there is a downpour outside (I live in London and this proved to be the true test for the holding power of this product and it passed it successfully!)
*it is truly clear and transparent; it does not have any white-ish or grey-ish cast
* it is not extremely wet and it does not leave the brows looking overly shiny or greasy
* when it dries down, it does not leave my brows with any white flakes/streaks (my previous clear brow gel used to do that after a couple of hours)

I have tried this product on my lashes and it did nothing, I did not notice any change/ lash definition. But my brow experience was the complete opposite.

So, if you want to an excellent gel to set your brows, which is very cheap, you should try this!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

First of all, the packaging broke about a week in when I was putting the wand back in the container.

The gel itself isn't anything special. It stays wet for about an hour on me, doesn't hold my brows in place at all. For me, it's basically like putting water on my brows. I'm throwing it away and will never repurchase.

ETA: The packaging actually broke twice -- the twisty part of the cap and the wand. Completely useless. I'd rather pay for the Anastasia one that works better and the packaging is great.

on 5/26/2015 4:06:00 AM

It gives me the perfect eyebrow. Doesn't budge at all and keeps my eyebrow at place. Lovin it.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Great product to set your brows in place.

Pros:
- Cheap
- Last long
- Works great

Cons:
- The wand broke into the lid of the product so I cant use it anymore

But given the price, I would totally repurchase again. Just make sure you dont twist too hard when you close the product.

on 2/11/2015 12:32:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

I have tried a few clear or tinted brow gels, and now that I've used this, I think this will become my mainstay--unless they discontinue it. I used an Origins tinted gel for a while, but I found it looked goopy on my brows and flaked. Then I used Cover Girl's version for a long while, even though that tended to turn sort of opaque on my brows. I tolerated that because it held my brows in shape so well. But again, the flaking? Not a good look. Then on to Maybelline's version. It was OK, but the brush bristles seems not quite dense enough to control brow hairs. And then, ELF! Excellent price point, not really sure why one needs two brushes though. But then I realized that I ran through the tubes--which have very little product--very quickly. This is over-packaging, to me, and I don't like this. So finally, the Essence. I've been trying a few other products of this bargain line at Ulta, and so far, with judicious purchases, I haven't been disappointed. This gel dries clear, doesn't flake, has no scent, the brush is good for depositing enough gel and brushing through the brows, and you get a good amount of product in the tube. It comes in a utilitarian clear tube, and I'm fine with that. I'd rather pay for a good product in a boring package, than pay for a brand's advertising budget via their absurd packaging, that will be thrown away in the end. Now, if only this brand could offer a few matte eyeshadows...

on 11/16/2014 7:56:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Cheap and effective this Lash and Brow Gel mascara is a really nice product. The product is clear and scent free and does not irritate my eczema sensitive skin. The packaging looks ugly but you can't really complain for the price. You have to wipe of the excess on the brush before using because otherwise it does apply to wet. This does not leave my brows crunchy at all (if you don't use to much) and keeps them in place for most of the day. Off course there are better brow gels out there but I don't want to spend money on a clear brow product so for me this does just fine!

on 10/11/2014 2:22:00 PM

I bought this because my Anastasia brow gel was done and wanted to try something cheaper. And let me tell you it's not even close to it.
First of all when I take out the wand there's too much product so I have to scrape it on the tube before applying it on my brows.
After I apply this within like 2 hours its completely gone! When I touch my eyebrows they're soft again like I never put anything on them before.
I don't mind the packaging as long as the product works for me. Besides i actually like that I can see how much product is left in the tube.
This is just like the Maybelline clear mascara (it was my first ever brow gel years ago), which doesn't work either.
My eyebrows are stubborn and thick so if yours are not like that you can try it and maybe it'll work for you.

on 6/19/2014 2:44:00 AM

Can't fault Essence for the price and value of this gel. I have used it for both lashes and brows and found that it gave me pimples around my eyebrows when used to set them. It does an alright job of grooming brows but, it is not anything special. When used on my lashes I find it takes a very long time to dry and there aren't many results.
There is no smell and you can't tell you have it on at all. It's definitely value for money but, I do believer there are betters gels out there.

Popular Mascaras