Essence Lash and Brow Gel Mascara

Essence Lash and Brow Gel Mascara
Lash and Brow Gel MascaraLash and Brow Gel MascaraLash and Brow Gel Mascara

4.1

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I don't like this product as a mascara because it stings if I get it in my eyes and it doesn't really do much length/volume/curl so I only use it as a brow gel. It is, however, an excellent brow gel! You must use a light hand however because if you brush too hard, whatever you used to fill in your brows will transfer onto the spoolie wand. It dries transparent with no waxy sheen and it doesn't flake or crunch. I love the clear packaging because you can see how much product is left. I'd admit the packaging isn't fancy, but I don't care because the product is cheap
($2.99 Canadian at Shoppers Drugmart), the product works, and no one is going to see the packaging anyways. I won't be repurchasing just because I want to get a tinted brow gel so I won't have to fill in my brows and add clear gel.

I'd recommend this product to anyone

on 12/19/2016 6:23:00 AM

A perfectly good mascara for the brows. It does keep them in place and it's as good as my mac one, only way cheaper. I really like this brand

Yasssss. This is a fav bc it's so cheap and so good! And you get a lot of product. Only drawback is that it gets a muddy color as you use it -so by the end it's not really translucent

on 10/14/2016 1:02:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I don't know.

I bought this because the elf one was out of stock and I had high hopes for this gel because I didn't want to have to keep wearing black mascara to school.

The formula is a watery gel and it doesn't set my brows ore eyelashes much plus it flakes off lot.

Will not repurchase.

on 6/27/2016 10:35:00 AM

This eyebrow gel is great. My eyebrow hairs are long and thick and this gel tames them just the way I want it to. When you take out the wand, there is a lot of product on it, so definitely wipe off the excess off the wand. After I apply this, my eyebrows just feel a little stiff (when I touch them of course), but they're not crusty. The packaging is pretty cheap looking, but very secure and for the incredible price I really can't complain.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

As a brow gel, this is simply a clear gel that gives a wet look to the brows.It clumps the brows together and 'sticks' them unto the skin like a hair gel would. It's not like higher-end brow gels that really sets individual brow hairs in place and make them stiff and crunchy, ya know what I mean? It's what I reach for in days where I'm too lazy to wear makeup but still want my brows be in place. Just a few quick swipes unto the brows and I'm good to go. The staying power is..meh. It doesn't work at all as a mascara. It irritates my eyes and just clumps the lashes together without holding any of the curl (again, just like a hair gel would). But because it's cheap, and it's a clear gel that I mainly use on my brows, I'll keep purchasing this.

on 6/12/2016 12:38:00 AM

I only use this product as a brow gel as I have no interest in using clear mascaras so cannot comment about how well it does on the lashes, but as a brow gel I am extremely impressed. I have fairly thick brows which are very dark and the lash hairs are quite long as well. Some have a tendency to curl too, so I needed a product that would keep them in place all day without making them look over-done or shiny. The Essence Brow Gel is a clear product which dries to a matte finish. It does not take long for the product to dry, maybe a minute or too, and once it has dried your lashes will stay in place. The gel dries clear and does not make your brows feel heavy or crunchy. They feel and look very natural. This brow gel also lasts through the rain which is good, though I wouldn't consider it to be completely waterproof. I really like the brush as the brush itself is quite long, but the bristles are quite short and stiff. The brush is really good at assisting you in shaping your brows neatly. This product is also ridiculously cheap which is a huge bonus. I will definitely be finishing this tube and repurchasing, this brow gel should be a must have for girls who just need to tidy their brows without needing more coverage or colour. Another great product from Essence.

In my case it is really good for both brows and lashwa because my lashes are curly and they tend to get messy if that makes any sense so when I use this gel mascara it pretty much helps them to get back to their original position, plus they look really good without mascara. I love it and I'll probably buy it again.❤🐭

Honestly for me, this product did not do much. I originally purchased it to tame my eyebrow hairs. This product is also labelled as a gel for your lashes too but I do not see a reason why anybody would use it on their lashes - It doesn't do anything.

To a certain degree, it does do the trick but the hold of the gel isn't that great. On inital application, the product is extremely wet and my eyebrow hairs are held in the direction (and place) where I want them to be in. It takes probably up to five minutes just for it to dry. I've tried applying less product but then I would just be applying a thin coat of clear gel on my brow hairs. I want HOLD!

(Would probably consider buying something with a waxier formula to get what I wanted)

VERDICT: If you're looking for a product to tame your unruly eyebrow hairs, don't purchase this unless you want to apply a formula on your hairs that is best described as "gooey water". Yes! It's literally like applying water to your eyebrows! It doesn't do much.

I feel like this brow gel doesn't do much. I apply it when I use a pencil on my brows and I don't feel it keeps them in place all day long. I mean, it's better than using nothing but it's not a great product either. I would recommend the Maybelline one over this anyday.

Popular Mascaras