Essence Lash and Brow Gel Mascara

Essence Lash and Brow Gel Mascara
Lash and Brow Gel MascaraLash and Brow Gel MascaraLash and Brow Gel MascaraLash and Brow Gel Mascara

I like this for when im wearing no make up at all, like going to the beach, supermarket etc. it has a medium hold. I have thick eyebrow hairs so for an eyebrow gel to really glue my hairs in place i would need a powerful brow gel or by using the soap technique. This eyebrow gel holds it in place, yes, but if you accidentally rub your eyebrows it will move out of place. But it’s ok. I like the brush, it’s cheap, and i would repurchase anytime. The packaging is meh.. thats the only reason why i deducted a lippie.

on 12/23/2017 11:53:00 PM

I really like this as a brow gel. It tames my brow hairs and really sets my brows in place. I've never used it as a mascara so I'm not sure if it's good for that. It's a very wet formula though, so you have to make sure you don't touch your brows for a good while haha. I like to use it as the very last step in my makeup routine because I use brow powder and it makes my brows look way less powdery and more natural.

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Love it

Love this gel to use on my lashes for a no-makeup look. Never used it on my brows because it's too wet for my liking & I guess would ruin the brow look if you use powder products.
Pros: affordable; no irritation on my eyes which are pretty sensitive (for ref. I can't wear Maybelline mascaras); no lash falls; hold the curl & give more awake look; simple but sturdy packaging;
Cons: none really

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is my new must-have product. I love it! I don't know how I've lived all those years without ever using any eyebrow gel before!
probably because I had little experience in the overwhelming world of make up in the past.
I use it mainly as an eyebrow gel, and it does a pretty good job in keeping my brows in place, at a very low price. wow!
I also used it for my eyelashes a couple of times too, and it was decent.

This is a miss for me. I have used clear brow gels before and I most of the time use it to hold my stubborn straight lashes in place after I curled them.

This does not do anything for me. It just makes my lashes wet instantly and I lose all the curls, and it is damn near impossible to curl them again after. Which is really odd because if this is a clear mascara I would think the only think it does for your lashes is to hold curls since it has no color. I guess I just real,y don't get it.

I will return to my MAC clear brow gels that I been using for 15 years - oldie but a goodie.

The price is amazing. I only use it on my eyebrows, it does not take the makeup of the eyebrows. It keeps them in place. It last a long time, i bought mine a year ago and it still has product on it, but of course you should purchase every six months in terms of health.
It looks shiny at first but once it dries the shine is gone do not worry.
I will definitely purchase again

on 4/11/2017 1:32:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I bought this spontaneously after I ran out of E.L.F. Lash and Brow Mascara. I only use it on my brows. It's a clear and unscented thin gel which gives a very wet effect once applied, but dries in a couple of minutes. However, this product does not really hold my brows in place well. Also, the inner blue part of the lid broke off in a couple of months for no reason.
Will not repurchase even though it is very affordable.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Not a very good mascara.
Which surprised me cause I associate Essence with having some of the best mascaras in the drugstore.

Although for brows I guess this is good, I don't do much with setting brows or anything, mainly cause if I get too creative with my brows I turn into a caterpillar and it's just not a good look on me unfortunately.
That being said, it seems to do whatever a brow gel should do, although it doesn't have much hold but my eyebrow hair is thick-as in each hair strand is thick so when they get together it's a little chaotic. But I like this I guess, I just feel a little cheated mainly cause I wanted a mascara. I'm probably going to wait until my favorite mascara from them-the one in the purple tube comes back in stock, or just buy the less extreme volume one. Hopefully that one will work the way I want it to.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I don't feel like there's much to say about this to be honest. It was probably one of the first brow gel products I bought and used so I didn't know better but after trying other ones I realise this is pretty rubbish. It's definitely too wet and doesn't really set your brows, it's just basically like brushing your eyebrows with the spoolie with a thick gel water like substance.

Also the reason the packaging is a 2 stars is because the bottle is clear and you get makeup on the spoolie so when you put it back in the tube it ends up a horrible colour and doesn't really look great on your vanity. It might be cheap but it's worth spending your money elsewhere