Essence Lash and Brow Gel Mascara

Lash and Brow Gel MascaraLash and Brow Gel MascaraLash and Brow Gel Mascara

3.6

on 8/22/2016 7:14:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I don't know if i like it or not. The formula is terrible. It is just too watery. it takes long to dry. This really has fixation and keeps eyebrows in shape, but you have to be carefull until is dry. Also if you apply brow powder, pomade or pencil it will wash a little bit of the color. And there is a lot product of the brush.
Won't buy this again.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

First of all, the packaging broke about a week in when I was putting the wand back in the container.

The gel itself isn't anything special. It stays wet for about an hour on me, doesn't hold my brows in place at all. For me, it's basically like putting water on my brows. I'm throwing it away and will never repurchase.

ETA: The packaging actually broke twice -- the twisty part of the cap and the wand. Completely useless. I'd rather pay for the Anastasia one that works better and the packaging is great.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I haven't bought a clear brow gel in ages because my brows have gotten sparser over the years and I wanted to cut time from my makeup regime.
I was at Shoppers Drug Mart looking for items to take advantage of one of their Optimum points specials so I nabbed this brow gel for $2.99 CAD.
I'm definitely impressed with this brow gel (I use it for the brows, never the lashes) because the formula isn't goopy and thick but nice and lightweight.
I hate having to wait for a gel to dry on my brows and what's worse is if it's thick and gives my brows an unnatural look.
This just keeps things in place very naturally without leaving any sticky residue.
A definitely re-purchase.

on 8/18/2014 12:20:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is my first brown gel, so I don't have much to compare it to, but it works great for me! It goes on smoothly and the brush grooms my brows nicely and much more easily that I was expecting. I haven't noticed any clumping, and the gel is not visible after it dries. I also have not experienced any flaking. The tube is clear and fun to use - it's neat to be able to see the product and how much you have left! The price is cheap and cheerful. I'd say that the biggest downfall is that it doesn't have extreme holding power, but if you're careful about not touching your face then it 'holds' up just fine lol.

on 5/18/2014 3:35:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This is my favorite clear mascara for taming my very unruly brows. I don't fill them in but somehow they always tend to go all wonky and random hairs are askew.....this gel really helps set them in place. My only complaint would be that it is a little to wet and shiny, but a quick swipe over with a tissue seems to fix that. It lasts all day with no flaking.

on 5/4/2014 4:52:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

I use this for my brows and thought I was getting a great deal for the price. I think the price is making people think the product is better than it is. To start, the wand is a little too big IMO. Secondly, this didn't hold my brows in place at all. It lasted maybe an hour and then it was like there was nothing on them. It doesn't leave any flakes so I guess that's a pro?

Like a lot of Essence products, the packaging is horrendous. This one is particularly unsightly and looks even worse the more you use it. I feel like Essence products are really hit or miss. For me, this was a miss.

on 10/6/2013 2:19:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Great brow gel on those days you just want to put them into place. I do not use it on top of filler. I have very thick brow and a swipe of this and I'm out of the door.

Popular Mascaras