Essence Lash and Brow Gel Mascara

Lash and Brow Gel MascaraLash and Brow Gel MascaraLash and Brow Gel Mascara

4.8

on 2/11/2015 12:32:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

I have tried a few clear or tinted brow gels, and now that I've used this, I think this will become my mainstay--unless they discontinue it. I used an Origins tinted gel for a while, but I found it looked goopy on my brows and flaked. Then I used Cover Girl's version for a long while, even though that tended to turn sort of opaque on my brows. I tolerated that because it held my brows in shape so well. But again, the flaking? Not a good look. Then on to Maybelline's version. It was OK, but the brush bristles seems not quite dense enough to control brow hairs. And then, ELF! Excellent price point, not really sure why one needs two brushes though. But then I realized that I ran through the tubes--which have very little product--very quickly. This is over-packaging, to me, and I don't like this. So finally, the Essence. I've been trying a few other products of this bargain line at Ulta, and so far, with judicious purchases, I haven't been disappointed. This gel dries clear, doesn't flake, has no scent, the brush is good for depositing enough gel and brushing through the brows, and you get a good amount of product in the tube. It comes in a utilitarian clear tube, and I'm fine with that. I'd rather pay for a good product in a boring package, than pay for a brand's advertising budget via their absurd packaging, that will be thrown away in the end. Now, if only this brand could offer a few matte eyeshadows...

on 4/4/2014 9:10:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Cheap, affordable brow gel that gets the job done. It holds my brows in place better than Maybelline Great Lash Clear, and it is a better price. My only gripe against it is the packaging: the plastic cap cracked and broke within a few weeks of using it. But that's something I can forgive, since its price tag is so small. Will repurchase.

on 10/25/2013 3:10:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This is the best and the cheapest brow gel ever! Why I only give 4 stars is because the time it takes for the product to dry is too long. I guess that's my only complaint. Would definitely recommend this, though!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I was looking for something to keep my brows in place (not that it goes all craycray and stuff but...i wanted a tidy look) while making them a tad bit darker. This does the job very well! Just one coat keeps my eyebrows in place and it makes my eyebrows become more visible (I have light eyebrows and i don't like to use eyebrow pencils because they make my brows way too dark). I curl my lashes and apply this on my lashes as well and it kept my eye lashes curled all day. Some cons would be that it makes me itch my eyes at times and the gel takes a while to dry. Despite that fact, I would gladly repurchase because it is so affordable!

Video Reviews & Tutorials