Essence Lash and Brow Gel Mascara

Essence Lash and Brow Gel Mascara
Lash and Brow Gel MascaraLash and Brow Gel MascaraLash and Brow Gel Mascara

3.3

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I don't feel like there's much to say about this to be honest. It was probably one of the first brow gel products I bought and used so I didn't know better but after trying other ones I realise this is pretty rubbish. It's definitely too wet and doesn't really set your brows, it's just basically like brushing your eyebrows with the spoolie with a thick gel water like substance.

Also the reason the packaging is a 2 stars is because the bottle is clear and you get makeup on the spoolie so when you put it back in the tube it ends up a horrible colour and doesn't really look great on your vanity. It might be cheap but it's worth spending your money elsewhere

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Not a very good mascara.
Which surprised me cause I associate Essence with having some of the best mascaras in the drugstore.

Although for brows I guess this is good, I don't do much with setting brows or anything, mainly cause if I get too creative with my brows I turn into a caterpillar and it's just not a good look on me unfortunately.
That being said, it seems to do whatever a brow gel should do, although it doesn't have much hold but my eyebrow hair is thick-as in each hair strand is thick so when they get together it's a little chaotic. But I like this I guess, I just feel a little cheated mainly cause I wanted a mascara. I'm probably going to wait until my favorite mascara from them-the one in the purple tube comes back in stock, or just buy the less extreme volume one. Hopefully that one will work the way I want it to.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Essence Lash & Brow Gel Mascara is obviously a transparent gel mascara that can be used on your eyelashes & a styling product for your eyebrows. I personally don't interchange products I use on my eyes since they're sensitive & I don't want to risk cross contamination or an infection; my review is based on its use as a mascara—not on brow styling since I use a separate product to groom & then fill them in. When I wear this alone, it picks up my lashes & I get a look that is light, but not bare. It is slightly gloopy so I'd use a light hand & don't put on a whole lot at once.

I like using this on days I wear false lashes because I still get the styling benefits with no product on the lashes I'm gluing on or only on days I want a "no makeup" look. It didn't sting or burn my eyes or interfere with anything else I wear. It's one of the better clear mascaras I own & I already know I'll be buying another. Once, I forgot I had it on & rubbed my eyes, & even then I didn't have an issue! No red eyes, burning/stinging, irritation, etc. I recommend this for both eyelashes & brows as I'm sure it does an excellent job of holding them in place.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I love this now that I understand what it's for. This isn't meant to hold your eyebrows in place like hairspray - this hydrates your eyebrows after applying powder to fill them. First I brush out my brows, then use a MAC angled brush to put Tarte eyebrow powder on, then open the Essence brow gel and wipe most of the product off on the neck of the bottle, and apply to my eyebrows in one or two gentle swipes. It basically takes away the fake look of overly powdered brows and makes them look natural. I've been using this product for a couple of years now and I'm very happy with it. If I do want to have a strong hold on my brows, I simply spray a clean Mascara wand with hairspray and brush my brows out.

on 10/14/2016 1:02:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I don't know.

I bought this because the elf one was out of stock and I had high hopes for this gel because I didn't want to have to keep wearing black mascara to school.

The formula is a watery gel and it doesn't set my brows ore eyelashes much plus it flakes off lot.

Will not repurchase.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

As a brow gel, this is simply a clear gel that gives a wet look to the brows.It clumps the brows together and 'sticks' them unto the skin like a hair gel would. It's not like higher-end brow gels that really sets individual brow hairs in place and make them stiff and crunchy, ya know what I mean? It's what I reach for in days where I'm too lazy to wear makeup but still want my brows be in place. Just a few quick swipes unto the brows and I'm good to go. The staying power is..meh. It doesn't work at all as a mascara. It irritates my eyes and just clumps the lashes together without holding any of the curl (again, just like a hair gel would). But because it's cheap, and it's a clear gel that I mainly use on my brows, I'll keep purchasing this.

on 2/7/2016 3:44:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I didnt like this product cause the result wasn't longlasting.Not a good staying powder....definitely not buying again

on 12/30/2015 10:40:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Amazing product,I'm using it for years.It keeps my "a bit curly" eyebrows in place.I have used it as a mascara on pool/beach and it gives a little "glamour" to the lashes.They look a bit longer,shiny and wet.Love it.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

SUCH A GOOD PRODUCT ! Personally I only use it to keep my brows in shape after I do them, because I hate finding stray brow hairs have been sticking out during the day.

Pros:
ALWAYS keeps brows in place ALL DAY
Totally clear, can't even tell its there when it dries
There's heaps in the bottle, over 150 uses I'd say

Cons: it has never ever bothered me, but when your it dries and you touch your brow, you can feel it's there slightly, and if you put too much on you might feel it when you move your brows up and down, but that's kinda to be expected with brow gel.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have very unruly brows and I picked this up in the hopes that it could tame my brows before I added my brow powder on. But alas! It did not. It flaked a lot on me and on the 2nd hour of wear, my brows broke loose and it was like I didn't have any brow gel on!
I think I can attribute that to the fact that my forehead gets oily a lot and maybe that could be the one breaking down the product.
This product goes solely on my brows because it's so unsanitary pumping the wand back in and applying it on your lashes. at least the elf on has separate tubes for the brows and the eyelashes.
When I swatched the product on, the gel felt thin and didn't feel like it had any grip to it at all! Even on the really fine hairs on my hand, this still didn't grip well.
I really wanted this to work but maybe I should try the one elf has.