Essence Lash and Brow Gel Mascara

4.4

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I don't like this product as a mascara because it stings if I get it in my eyes and it doesn't really do much length/volume/curl so I only use it as a brow gel. It is, however, an excellent brow gel! You must use a light hand however because if you brush too hard, whatever you used to fill in your brows will transfer onto the spoolie wand. It dries transparent with no waxy sheen and it doesn't flake or crunch. I love the clear packaging because you can see how much product is left. I'd admit the packaging isn't fancy, but I don't care because the product is cheap
($2.99 Canadian at Shoppers Drugmart), the product works, and no one is going to see the packaging anyways. I won't be repurchasing just because I want to get a tinted brow gel so I won't have to fill in my brows and add clear gel.

I'd recommend this product to anyone

on 12/17/2016 6:49:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I'm really sad about this. The spoolie is enormous, wider than my eyebrow, and only has the capacity to either deposit nothing at all or a big blob of goo. The product just slimes up my eyebrows and does nothing. Why, Essence? Why??? Everyone said this brow gel was awesome. I feel betrayed.

on 9/17/2014 6:49:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Coarse

I've never had a brow gel before, but for its price I can hardly complain. I put this to use when I am going to a special event like a wedding and need my brows to stay put though mine rarely misbehave. Can get a little crusty on the brows if too much is applied.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

Cheap as chips, doesn't leave crusty clumps, and does the job very well on my long grandpa brows. Will repurchase for sure.

on 2/19/2014 7:08:00 PM

A very inexpensive product that is great for taming unruly hairs such as brows and baby hairs without leaving any crustiness or colour. It is however useless on the lashes as it weighs it down and actually uncurls any curlings on the lashes. Do not purchase it for use as a clear mascara, you will be disappointed.
The mascara brush is great for brushing through hairs. Will recommend.

on 12/30/2013 10:52:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

i bought it like 6 times by now, i use it every day for my eyebrows. no nasty residue, it fixes well and super cheap !

on 11/3/2013 8:38:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Best drugstore gel! I often get questions on how my eyebrows hair stays in place because people can never detect the gel. I also have extremely sensitive skin and this did not irritate me at all. I only think the packaging/lid is ugly.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

At only $3.95 I decided to go with this for my first brow gel to try and it has been good but nothing great honestly. It is clear and the packaging is transparent so you can see the colour change completely from your brow products which people find gross but I find the shade matches your brows better. I prefer it now after a few months use now that the colour isn't so clear because I found it would leave noticeable clumps of product in my brows at times, meaning that it picks up way too much product.

Longevity wise, I found my brows stayed in place for only half a day before going back to a soft feel like they normally would. It does give a hard crunchy feel but that's why it holds the style. So for that it isn't great because the unruly ones will come out of place throughout the day.

The packaging itself is cheap and you pay for that. After 3 months of pretty much daily use the wand has snapped off from the lid just now which I'm not happy with as I still have a lot of product left. For the price its nothing upsetting just more annoying really.

Overall, a decent product that is super cheap so its definitely something that won't hurt to buy.

I only use this as an eye brow gel, and it really serves its purpose for that. I comb it through my brows to shape them and then the produvt holds the shape all day. (warning: when I use to much it becomes visible on the brows, kind of greyish and crusty...not cute)

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Before this I was just using a spray gel from herbal essences & a brow spoolie, which didn't really keeps brows in place at all. This was only $2.99 & works great. At first I noticed it was quite wet, but I think I was using too much because I haven't had that problem since. Keeps my brows in place and I haven't noticed any flaking. Great product!