Essence Lash and Brow Gel Mascara

4.3

on 10/22/2016 6:07:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I use this product exclusively for a brow gel so this review is for that use only. I have never used it as a mascara so I can't review it for that purpose.

First, I must say that my favorite brow gel is WnW clear mascara but for some reason that has become impossible for me to find. So, as I was browsing the cheapie section at Ulta this Essence product caught my eye and I decided to give it a try.

As my brows are quite dense and dark in color I use the a clear brow gel to tame my brows and hold them in place. This product does the job but doesn't seem to have the same hold as the WnW.

It applies sort of wet so you need to be sure to wipe the brush before application. Though it doesn't have the same hold others I have tried, the hold is adequate and doesn't leave your brows crunchy. There is no shine associated with the product either so you look natural, not like you have greasy eyebrows.

This comes packaged in the standard mascara tube with the standard mascara brush. The tube on this one is clear so you can see how much product you have left.

I paid $2.99 plus tax at Ulta. A bargain price for this product. I would definitely repurchase as I use this almost daily.

on 7/12/2016 10:15:00 AM

This is a drugstore product I'll use forever

In my case it is really good for both brows and lashwa because my lashes are curly and they tend to get messy if that makes any sense so when I use this gel mascara it pretty much helps them to get back to their original position, plus they look really good without mascara. I love it and I'll probably buy it again.❤🐭

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I use a clear brow gel every day (with or without powder), so it's essential to my routine, but I don't want to pay a lot of money for such a boring product. This one is great primarily because it's inexpensive.
The applicator can pick up globs of gel, so it's a good idea to wipe it on the lip of the tube before applying. The brush is pretty big but easy to use, and it takes a while to dry. Once it is dry, though, I find that it holds my brows in place all day. There isn't much that's exciting about it, but it gets the job done. I can't see this doing anything for lashes, though.

on 2/18/2016 10:14:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I love this product, I have been using it for five years. So basic, yet so good. Plus it is inexpensive and it does what it says.

I don't do anything to my brows makeup-wise. I only use this product because my brows are quite thick and unruly and I need something to tame them and make them look polished. This clear gel does the job perfectly without breaking the bank.

*it always holds my brows in place even if there is a downpour outside (I live in London and this proved to be the true test for the holding power of this product and it passed it successfully!)
*it is truly clear and transparent; it does not have any white-ish or grey-ish cast
* it is not extremely wet and it does not leave the brows looking overly shiny or greasy
* when it dries down, it does not leave my brows with any white flakes/streaks (my previous clear brow gel used to do that after a couple of hours)

I have tried this product on my lashes and it did nothing, I did not notice any change/ lash definition. But my brow experience was the complete opposite.

So, if you want to an excellent gel to set your brows, which is very cheap, you should try this!

This product is a whatever product. Packaging is meh, but the formula is quite horrid. I had to apply 2-3 coats over each other to get my brows to stay in place. I much prefer the anastasia clear brow gel instead of this. At the end of the day, my brows feel like they haven't even been set with a gel. There's many other brow gels out there.

on 11/29/2014 10:49:00 AM

This is the only brow gel that I'll use. I have repurchased it 3 or 4 times and I will probably never stop, haha. It keeps my brows in place all day, and unlike a lot of other brow gels, it doesn't make my brows look wet, it dries nicely. Some people are complaining about the packaging looking cheap, but you get what you pay for. I personally don't care if the packaging looks cheap, because a) nobody but me is going to see it, b) it's sturdy, and the brush is nice, and c) the product is amazingly inexpensive, so I'll sacrifice packaging appearance for an awesome, inexpensive product. Overall amazing Brow gel

on 8/22/2013 9:25:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I was really disappointed by this product. I was looking for a clear mascara and the lady working in the store recommended me this one. I was surprised and excited by the fact that it was really cheap.
When I got home, I realised that it didn't do anything on my lashes. I curled them and then applied the mascara, but the curl didn't resist for a very long time.
So I used the gel on my brows. Still, didn't like the texture that it gave me. And it takes forever to get dry.

I don't like this product. I wouldn't repurchase.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I am so happy with this. It's been really hard for me in Ontario Canada to find clear mascara/eyebrow gel for some reason, and I found this little baby at shoppers for 2.99$ - dirt cheap, I'm stocking up next time I go because it's just such a wonderful product. I like the wet texture, perfect for rosy cheeks and some lipgloss at the beach (so my mascara won't run in the water but still makes my lashes look fab!) so pleased. I also LOVE using it for baby hairs/strays that won't stay down, it's such a cheap alternative to the more expensive ones

on 10/7/2011 10:18:00 PM

HG Alert! I absolutely love this brow gel! It is dirt cheap ( iirc @$2-3), easily found ( at Ulta), does an amazing job at combing/ setting my brows after I have filled them in with a powder. My brows stay in place all day. Need I say more? Yes, will repurchase over and over.

Popular Mascaras