Essence Lash and Brow Gel Mascara

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
Essence Lash and Brow Gel Mascara
Lash and Brow Gel MascaraLash and Brow Gel MascaraLash and Brow Gel MascaraLash and Brow Gel Mascara

3.9

The price is amazing. I only use it on my eyebrows, it does not take the makeup of the eyebrows. It keeps them in place. It last a long time, i bought mine a year ago and it still has product on it, but of course you should purchase every six months in terms of health.
It looks shiny at first but once it dries the shine is gone do not worry.
I will definitely purchase again

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I don't feel like there's much to say about this to be honest. It was probably one of the first brow gel products I bought and used so I didn't know better but after trying other ones I realise this is pretty rubbish. It's definitely too wet and doesn't really set your brows, it's just basically like brushing your eyebrows with the spoolie with a thick gel water like substance.

Also the reason the packaging is a 2 stars is because the bottle is clear and you get makeup on the spoolie so when you put it back in the tube it ends up a horrible colour and doesn't really look great on your vanity. It might be cheap but it's worth spending your money elsewhere

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I love this now that I understand what it's for. This isn't meant to hold your eyebrows in place like hairspray - this hydrates your eyebrows after applying powder to fill them. First I brush out my brows, then use a MAC angled brush to put Tarte eyebrow powder on, then open the Essence brow gel and wipe most of the product off on the neck of the bottle, and apply to my eyebrows in one or two gentle swipes. It basically takes away the fake look of overly powdered brows and makes them look natural. I've been using this product for a couple of years now and I'm very happy with it. If I do want to have a strong hold on my brows, I simply spray a clean Mascara wand with hairspray and brush my brows out.

on 12/17/2016 6:49:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I'm really sad about this. The spoolie is enormous, wider than my eyebrow, and only has the capacity to either deposit nothing at all or a big blob of goo. The product just slimes up my eyebrows and does nothing. Why, Essence? Why??? Everyone said this brow gel was awesome. I feel betrayed.

on 12/13/2016 10:17:00 AM

This is basically a small tube filled with water. I don't know how they get away with this and I really don't understand the raving reviews. I used to have Mac eye brow gel which was amazing and then decided to try this one ...well well biiiig mistake and it is true what they say "you get what you pay for". It was a total mess it didn't set my brows and didn't dry even after an hour and so which annoyed me very much and I had to wipe it off. And the packaging really tacky and wacky. Seriously haven't any one notice the brush I mean what age group are they aiming at.

on 12/10/2016 3:39:00 PM

Works. Cheap. Keeps eyebrows in place without any embarrassing crunchiness, or flaky clumps. With this I can set em and forget about em. Yay

on 10/25/2016 12:13:00 AM

Great basic brow gel. Can be a little gloppy if you use too much and I would prefer a shorter, squatter spoolie brush rather than the fairly standard mascara spoolie wand included. Nonetheless does the job and does it well. Keeps brows in place all day without being crusty or shiny. Can brush through without creating flakes or crustiness (though of course that will impact the hold). $3 and better than the ELF version. Haven't used for lashes, just brows, but would recommend for that if you aren't looking for anything fancy.

on 10/22/2016 6:07:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I use this product exclusively for a brow gel so this review is for that use only. I have never used it as a mascara so I can't review it for that purpose.

First, I must say that my favorite brow gel is WnW clear mascara but for some reason that has become impossible for me to find. So, as I was browsing the cheapie section at Ulta this Essence product caught my eye and I decided to give it a try.

As my brows are quite dense and dark in color I use the a clear brow gel to tame my brows and hold them in place. This product does the job but doesn't seem to have the same hold as the WnW.

It applies sort of wet so you need to be sure to wipe the brush before application. Though it doesn't have the same hold others I have tried, the hold is adequate and doesn't leave your brows crunchy. There is no shine associated with the product either so you look natural, not like you have greasy eyebrows.

This comes packaged in the standard mascara tube with the standard mascara brush. The tube on this one is clear so you can see how much product you have left.

I paid $2.99 plus tax at Ulta. A bargain price for this product. I would definitely repurchase as I use this almost daily.

on 8/22/2016 7:14:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I don't know if i like it or not. The formula is terrible. It is just too watery. it takes long to dry. This really has fixation and keeps eyebrows in shape, but you have to be carefull until is dry. Also if you apply brow powder, pomade or pencil it will wash a little bit of the color. And there is a lot product of the brush.
Won't buy this again.

on 6/12/2016 12:38:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I only use this product as a brow gel as I have no interest in using clear mascaras so cannot comment about how well it does on the lashes, but as a brow gel I am extremely impressed. I have fairly thick brows which are very dark and the lash hairs are quite long as well. Some have a tendency to curl too, so I needed a product that would keep them in place all day without making them look over-done or shiny. The Essence Brow Gel is a clear product which dries to a matte finish. It does not take long for the product to dry, maybe a minute or too, and once it has dried your lashes will stay in place. The gel dries clear and does not make your brows feel heavy or crunchy. They feel and look very natural. This brow gel also lasts through the rain which is good, though I wouldn't consider it to be completely waterproof. I really like the brush as the brush itself is quite long, but the bristles are quite short and stiff. The brush is really good at assisting you in shaping your brows neatly. This product is also ridiculously cheap which is a huge bonus. I will definitely be finishing this tube and repurchasing, this brow gel should be a must have for girls who just need to tidy their brows without needing more coverage or colour. Another great product from Essence.