Essence Lash and Brow Gel Mascara

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
Essence Lash and Brow Gel Mascara
Lash and Brow Gel MascaraLash and Brow Gel MascaraLash and Brow Gel MascaraLash and Brow Gel Mascara

3.8

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

I recently did an eyebrow stuffs haul and got a few inexpensive things to try, this being one. I wanted to compare it to ABH clear eyebrow jel and can honestly say this does a terrible job in comparison. Within minuts of using it on my eyebrows they are right back to where they were before I used it, it is like this has absolutely no hold at all.
I am not going to toss it just yet as I’m going to try using it on my eyelashes on no makeup days.

on 12/17/2016 6:49:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I'm really sad about this. The spoolie is enormous, wider than my eyebrow, and only has the capacity to either deposit nothing at all or a big blob of goo. The product just slimes up my eyebrows and does nothing. Why, Essence? Why??? Everyone said this brow gel was awesome. I feel betrayed.

on 12/13/2016 10:17:00 AM

This is basically a small tube filled with water. I don't know how they get away with this and I really don't understand the raving reviews. I used to have Mac eye brow gel which was amazing and then decided to try this one ...well well biiiig mistake and it is true what they say "you get what you pay for". It was a total mess it didn't set my brows and didn't dry even after an hour and so which annoyed me very much and I had to wipe it off. And the packaging really tacky and wacky. Seriously haven't any one notice the brush I mean what age group are they aiming at.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

First of all, the packaging broke about a week in when I was putting the wand back in the container.

The gel itself isn't anything special. It stays wet for about an hour on me, doesn't hold my brows in place at all. For me, it's basically like putting water on my brows. I'm throwing it away and will never repurchase.

ETA: The packaging actually broke twice -- the twisty part of the cap and the wand. Completely useless. I'd rather pay for the Anastasia one that works better and the packaging is great.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I don't feel like there's much to say about this to be honest. It was probably one of the first brow gel products I bought and used so I didn't know better but after trying other ones I realise this is pretty rubbish. It's definitely too wet and doesn't really set your brows, it's just basically like brushing your eyebrows with the spoolie with a thick gel water like substance.

Also the reason the packaging is a 2 stars is because the bottle is clear and you get makeup on the spoolie so when you put it back in the tube it ends up a horrible colour and doesn't really look great on your vanity. It might be cheap but it's worth spending your money elsewhere

on 8/22/2016 7:14:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I don't know if i like it or not. The formula is terrible. It is just too watery. it takes long to dry. This really has fixation and keeps eyebrows in shape, but you have to be carefull until is dry. Also if you apply brow powder, pomade or pencil it will wash a little bit of the color. And there is a lot product of the brush.
Won't buy this again.

on 2/7/2016 3:44:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I didnt like this product cause the result wasn't longlasting.Not a good staying powder....definitely not buying again

on 6/19/2014 2:44:00 AM

Can't fault Essence for the price and value of this gel. I have used it for both lashes and brows and found that it gave me pimples around my eyebrows when used to set them. It does an alright job of grooming brows but, it is not anything special. When used on my lashes I find it takes a very long time to dry and there aren't many results.
There is no smell and you can't tell you have it on at all. It's definitely value for money but, I do believer there are betters gels out there.

on 11/16/2014 8:16:00 AM

I used this gel 3 years ago. I bought it because my brows are usually bushy and sometimes all over the place so I wanted something to give them a glow and keep them in place.
I do not use normal mascara so I thought this could be a great product also for my eyelashes- to make them look longer and nicer without applying normal mascara.
This gel does the job, the only problem is that my eyes looked like I cried the whole day.
So, I used it for my brows for a short time but then I gave it to someone else because it smelled like alcohol and I decided that is not a ''must have'' product for me.
It is nice but I don't need it.

on 6/20/2013 10:48:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

EDIT: Knocking my rating down to a 3. The cap has now broken off of at least three of these, making them unusable. It's very frustrating and a waste of money. The product is good but the packaging sucks. Blah.

ORIGINAL: I'm on my fifth or sixth tube of this gem, with my next one already purchased and ready to go once it's finished. I was previously using E.L.F. Brow Mascara and thought that was the greatest thing ever, but this one by Essence definitely takes first prize. I'm spending about two dollars more on Essence than on E.L.F., but it's still only $2.99 or something. It keeps my brows in place all day without any stickiness or flaking. That's pretty much all I want in a brow gel, and Essence delivers.