Essence Lash and Brow Gel Mascara

Essence Lash and Brow Gel Mascara
Lash and Brow Gel MascaraLash and Brow Gel MascaraLash and Brow Gel MascaraLash and Brow Gel Mascara

This is a miss for me. I have used clear brow gels before and I most of the time use it to hold my stubborn straight lashes in place after I curled them.

This does not do anything for me. It just makes my lashes wet instantly and I lose all the curls, and it is damn near impossible to curl them again after. Which is really odd because if this is a clear mascara I would think the only think it does for your lashes is to hold curls since it has no color. I guess I just real,y don't get it.

I will return to my MAC clear brow gels that I been using for 15 years - oldie but a goodie.

on 12/17/2016 6:49:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I'm really sad about this. The spoolie is enormous, wider than my eyebrow, and only has the capacity to either deposit nothing at all or a big blob of goo. The product just slimes up my eyebrows and does nothing. Why, Essence? Why??? Everyone said this brow gel was awesome. I feel betrayed.

on 12/13/2016 10:17:00 AM

This is basically a small tube filled with water. I don't know how they get away with this and I really don't understand the raving reviews. I used to have Mac eye brow gel which was amazing and then decided to try this one ...well well biiiig mistake and it is true what they say "you get what you pay for". It was a total mess it didn't set my brows and didn't dry even after an hour and so which annoyed me very much and I had to wipe it off. And the packaging really tacky and wacky. Seriously haven't any one notice the brush I mean what age group are they aiming at.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

First of all, the packaging broke about a week in when I was putting the wand back in the container.

The gel itself isn't anything special. It stays wet for about an hour on me, doesn't hold my brows in place at all. For me, it's basically like putting water on my brows. I'm throwing it away and will never repurchase.

ETA: The packaging actually broke twice -- the twisty part of the cap and the wand. Completely useless. I'd rather pay for the Anastasia one that works better and the packaging is great.

on 6/8/2014 11:33:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I have very little to say about this product.

First of all, I haven't tried it as a mascara and I can't find a reason why. Especially after using it as a brow gel, the product was tinted by my foundation and the brow shadow I used once or twice and it turned beige.

As far as brows are concerned, it does make them look good and well shaped but it only last for less than an hour.
Also, after waiting for ages for it to dry, it leaves clumps which are quite noticable.
Last but not least, I find the packaging ok for the price, but after a while, the wand has snapped off from the lid and broke, both the two times I bought this product.

I wouldn't repurchase, I just bought two tubes the first time I saw this product, believing that I would be a savior for my natural thick brows. Big mistake!

on 7/12/2013 11:29:00 AM

This brow gel just wipe my eyebrow color off and makes my eyebrows crunchy, shiny, and clumpy. I'm not a fan.

on 4/11/2017 1:32:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I bought this spontaneously after I ran out of E.L.F. Lash and Brow Mascara. I only use it on my brows. It's a clear and unscented thin gel which gives a very wet effect once applied, but dries in a couple of minutes. However, this product does not really hold my brows in place well. Also, the inner blue part of the lid broke off in a couple of months for no reason.
Will not repurchase even though it is very affordable.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I don't feel like there's much to say about this to be honest. It was probably one of the first brow gel products I bought and used so I didn't know better but after trying other ones I realise this is pretty rubbish. It's definitely too wet and doesn't really set your brows, it's just basically like brushing your eyebrows with the spoolie with a thick gel water like substance.

Also the reason the packaging is a 2 stars is because the bottle is clear and you get makeup on the spoolie so when you put it back in the tube it ends up a horrible colour and doesn't really look great on your vanity. It might be cheap but it's worth spending your money elsewhere

on 10/14/2016 1:02:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I don't know.

I bought this because the elf one was out of stock and I had high hopes for this gel because I didn't want to have to keep wearing black mascara to school.

The formula is a watery gel and it doesn't set my brows ore eyelashes much plus it flakes off lot.

Will not repurchase.

on 8/22/2016 7:14:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I don't know if i like it or not. The formula is terrible. It is just too watery. it takes long to dry. This really has fixation and keeps eyebrows in shape, but you have to be carefull until is dry. Also if you apply brow powder, pomade or pencil it will wash a little bit of the color. And there is a lot product of the brush.
Won't buy this again.