Essence Lash and Brow Gel Mascara

Essence Lash and Brow Gel Mascara
Lash and Brow Gel MascaraLash and Brow Gel MascaraLash and Brow Gel Mascara

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I love this now that I understand what it's for. This isn't meant to hold your eyebrows in place like hairspray - this hydrates your eyebrows after applying powder to fill them. First I brush out my brows, then use a MAC angled brush to put Tarte eyebrow powder on, then open the Essence brow gel and wipe most of the product off on the neck of the bottle, and apply to my eyebrows in one or two gentle swipes. It basically takes away the fake look of overly powdered brows and makes them look natural. I've been using this product for a couple of years now and I'm very happy with it. If I do want to have a strong hold on my brows, I simply spray a clean Mascara wand with hairspray and brush my brows out.

on 11/3/2013 8:38:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Best drugstore gel! I often get questions on how my eyebrows hair stays in place because people can never detect the gel. I also have extremely sensitive skin and this did not irritate me at all. I only think the packaging/lid is ugly.

on 2/19/2014 7:08:00 PM

A very inexpensive product that is great for taming unruly hairs such as brows and baby hairs without leaving any crustiness or colour. It is however useless on the lashes as it weighs it down and actually uncurls any curlings on the lashes. Do not purchase it for use as a clear mascara, you will be disappointed.
The mascara brush is great for brushing through hairs. Will recommend.

on 2/3/2012 11:50:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought this on a whim from Ulta and I absolutely love it. I use it for 2 things: after brow powder to hold my brows in place, and in my hair to hold down those annoying baby hairs that like to stick straight up. It works so well for both of these things and it is only $2.49. I think the packaging is cute too. I will definitely repurchase and highly recommend.

The price is amazing. I only use it on my eyebrows, it does not take the makeup of the eyebrows. It keeps them in place. It last a long time, i bought mine a year ago and it still has product on it, but of course you should purchase every six months in terms of health.
It looks shiny at first but once it dries the shine is gone do not worry.
I will definitely purchase again

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I don't feel like there's much to say about this to be honest. It was probably one of the first brow gel products I bought and used so I didn't know better but after trying other ones I realise this is pretty rubbish. It's definitely too wet and doesn't really set your brows, it's just basically like brushing your eyebrows with the spoolie with a thick gel water like substance.

Also the reason the packaging is a 2 stars is because the bottle is clear and you get makeup on the spoolie so when you put it back in the tube it ends up a horrible colour and doesn't really look great on your vanity. It might be cheap but it's worth spending your money elsewhere

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I don't like this product as a mascara because it stings if I get it in my eyes and it doesn't really do much length/volume/curl so I only use it as a brow gel. It is, however, an excellent brow gel! You must use a light hand however because if you brush too hard, whatever you used to fill in your brows will transfer onto the spoolie wand. It dries transparent with no waxy sheen and it doesn't flake or crunch. I love the clear packaging because you can see how much product is left. I'd admit the packaging isn't fancy, but I don't care because the product is cheap
($2.99 Canadian at Shoppers Drugmart), the product works, and no one is going to see the packaging anyways. I won't be repurchasing just because I want to get a tinted brow gel so I won't have to fill in my brows and add clear gel.

I'd recommend this product to anyone

on 12/19/2016 6:23:00 AM

A perfectly good mascara for the brows. It does keep them in place and it's as good as my mac one, only way cheaper. I really like this brand

on 10/25/2016 12:13:00 AM

Great basic brow gel. Can be a little gloppy if you use too much and I would prefer a shorter, squatter spoolie brush rather than the fairly standard mascara spoolie wand included. Nonetheless does the job and does it well. Keeps brows in place all day without being crusty or shiny. Can brush through without creating flakes or crustiness (though of course that will impact the hold). $3 and better than the ELF version. Haven't used for lashes, just brows, but would recommend for that if you aren't looking for anything fancy.

on 10/22/2016 6:07:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I use this product exclusively for a brow gel so this review is for that use only. I have never used it as a mascara so I can't review it for that purpose.

First, I must say that my favorite brow gel is WnW clear mascara but for some reason that has become impossible for me to find. So, as I was browsing the cheapie section at Ulta this Essence product caught my eye and I decided to give it a try.

As my brows are quite dense and dark in color I use the a clear brow gel to tame my brows and hold them in place. This product does the job but doesn't seem to have the same hold as the WnW.

It applies sort of wet so you need to be sure to wipe the brush before application. Though it doesn't have the same hold others I have tried, the hold is adequate and doesn't leave your brows crunchy. There is no shine associated with the product either so you look natural, not like you have greasy eyebrows.

This comes packaged in the standard mascara tube with the standard mascara brush. The tube on this one is clear so you can see how much product you have left.

I paid $2.99 plus tax at Ulta. A bargain price for this product. I would definitely repurchase as I use this almost daily.

Popular Mascaras