Essence Lash and Brow Gel Mascara

Essence Lash and Brow Gel Mascara

4.1

on 7/12/2016 10:15:00 AM

This is a drugstore product I'll use forever

on 6/27/2016 10:35:00 AM

This eyebrow gel is great. My eyebrow hairs are long and thick and this gel tames them just the way I want it to. When you take out the wand, there is a lot of product on it, so definitely wipe off the excess off the wand. After I apply this, my eyebrows just feel a little stiff (when I touch them of course), but they're not crusty. The packaging is pretty cheap looking, but very secure and for the incredible price I really can't complain.

To Read all 94 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

As a brow gel, this is simply a clear gel that gives a wet look to the brows.It clumps the brows together and 'sticks' them unto the skin like a hair gel would. It's not like higher-end brow gels that really sets individual brow hairs in place and make them stiff and crunchy, ya know what I mean? It's what I reach for in days where I'm too lazy to wear makeup but still want my brows be in place. Just a few quick swipes unto the brows and I'm good to go. The staying power is..meh. It doesn't work at all as a mascara. It irritates my eyes and just clumps the lashes together without holding any of the curl (again, just like a hair gel would). But because it's cheap, and it's a clear gel that I mainly use on my brows, I'll keep purchasing this.

on 6/12/2016 12:38:00 AM

I only use this product as a brow gel as I have no interest in using clear mascaras so cannot comment about how well it does on the lashes, but as a brow gel I am extremely impressed. I have fairly thick brows which are very dark and the lash hairs are quite long as well. Some have a tendency to curl too, so I needed a product that would keep them in place all day without making them look over-done or shiny. The Essence Brow Gel is a clear product which dries to a matte finish. It does not take long for the product to dry, maybe a minute or too, and once it has dried your lashes will stay in place. The gel dries clear and does not make your brows feel heavy or crunchy. They feel and look very natural. This brow gel also lasts through the rain which is good, though I wouldn't consider it to be completely waterproof. I really like the brush as the brush itself is quite long, but the bristles are quite short and stiff. The brush is really good at assisting you in shaping your brows neatly. This product is also ridiculously cheap which is a huge bonus. I will definitely be finishing this tube and repurchasing, this brow gel should be a must have for girls who just need to tidy their brows without needing more coverage or colour. Another great product from Essence.

In my case it is really good for both brows and lashwa because my lashes are curly and they tend to get messy if that makes any sense so when I use this gel mascara it pretty much helps them to get back to their original position, plus they look really good without mascara. I love it and I'll probably buy it again.❤🐭

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I use a clear brow gel every day (with or without powder), so it's essential to my routine, but I don't want to pay a lot of money for such a boring product. This one is great primarily because it's inexpensive.
The applicator can pick up globs of gel, so it's a good idea to wipe it on the lip of the tube before applying. The brush is pretty big but easy to use, and it takes a while to dry. Once it is dry, though, I find that it holds my brows in place all day. There isn't much that's exciting about it, but it gets the job done. I can't see this doing anything for lashes, though.

on 2/18/2016 10:14:00 AM

I love this product, I have been using it for five years. So basic, yet so good. Plus it is inexpensive and it does what it says.

I don't do anything to my brows makeup-wise. I only use this product because my brows are quite thick and unruly and I need something to tame them and make them look polished. This clear gel does the job perfectly without breaking the bank.

*it always holds my brows in place even if there is a downpour outside (I live in London and this proved to be the true test for the holding power of this product and it passed it successfully!)
*it is truly clear and transparent; it does not have any white-ish or grey-ish cast
* it is not extremely wet and it does not leave the brows looking overly shiny or greasy
* when it dries down, it does not leave my brows with any white flakes/streaks (my previous clear brow gel used to do that after a couple of hours)

I have tried this product on my lashes and it did nothing, I did not notice any change/ lash definition. But my brow experience was the complete opposite.

So, if you want to an excellent gel to set your brows, which is very cheap, you should try this!

on 2/7/2016 3:44:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I didnt like this product cause the result wasn't longlasting.Not a good staying powder....definitely not buying again

Honestly for me, this product did not do much. I originally purchased it to tame my eyebrow hairs. This product is also labelled as a gel for your lashes too but I do not see a reason why anybody would use it on their lashes - It doesn't do anything.

To a certain degree, it does do the trick but the hold of the gel isn't that great. On inital application, the product is extremely wet and my eyebrow hairs are held in the direction (and place) where I want them to be in. It takes probably up to five minutes just for it to dry. I've tried applying less product but then I would just be applying a thin coat of clear gel on my brow hairs. I want HOLD!

(Would probably consider buying something with a waxier formula to get what I wanted)

VERDICT: If you're looking for a product to tame your unruly eyebrow hairs, don't purchase this unless you want to apply a formula on your hairs that is best described as "gooey water". Yes! It's literally like applying water to your eyebrows! It doesn't do much.

on 12/30/2015 10:40:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Love this stuff,amazing for the eyebrows.I also use it when I go to pool parties or the beach.I know that I can swim,dance and all that without worrying about "panda eyes" and mascara everywhere.Price is amazing as well.

Video Reviews & Tutorials