essence Lash and Brow Gel Mascara

Filtered by skin type : Sensitive age: 25-29
essence Lash and Brow Gel Mascara
Lash and Brow Gel MascaraLash and Brow Gel MascaraLash and Brow Gel MascaraLash and Brow Gel Mascara

3.2

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

First of all, the packaging broke about a week in when I was putting the wand back in the container.

The gel itself isn't anything special. It stays wet for about an hour on me, doesn't hold my brows in place at all. For me, it's basically like putting water on my brows. I'm throwing it away and will never repurchase.

ETA: The packaging actually broke twice -- the twisty part of the cap and the wand. Completely useless. I'd rather pay for the Anastasia one that works better and the packaging is great.

on 5/18/2014 3:35:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This is my favorite clear mascara for taming my very unruly brows. I don't fill them in but somehow they always tend to go all wonky and random hairs are askew.....this gel really helps set them in place. My only complaint would be that it is a little to wet and shiny, but a quick swipe over with a tissue seems to fix that. It lasts all day with no flaking.

on 5/4/2014 4:52:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

I use this for my brows and thought I was getting a great deal for the price. I think the price is making people think the product is better than it is. To start, the wand is a little too big IMO. Secondly, this didn't hold my brows in place at all. It lasted maybe an hour and then it was like there was nothing on them. It doesn't leave any flakes so I guess that's a pro?

Like a lot of Essence products, the packaging is horrendous. This one is particularly unsightly and looks even worse the more you use it. I feel like Essence products are really hit or miss. For me, this was a miss.

on 10/6/2013 2:19:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Great brow gel on those days you just want to put them into place. I do not use it on top of filler. I have very thick brow and a swipe of this and I'm out of the door.

on 6/20/2013 10:48:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

EDIT: Knocking my rating down to a 3. The cap has now broken off of at least three of these, making them unusable. It's very frustrating and a waste of money. The product is good but the packaging sucks. Blah.

ORIGINAL: I'm on my fifth or sixth tube of this gem, with my next one already purchased and ready to go once it's finished. I was previously using E.L.F. Brow Mascara and thought that was the greatest thing ever, but this one by Essence definitely takes first prize. I'm spending about two dollars more on Essence than on E.L.F., but it's still only $2.99 or something. It keeps my brows in place all day without any stickiness or flaking. That's pretty much all I want in a brow gel, and Essence delivers.

on 4/3/2013 6:23:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I have used this product only to set brows.

Pros:
- Non flaky
- Doesn't make eyebrows feel crispy
- Odorless
- The packaging is not bad
- Cheap

Cons:
- I don't think it keeps brows in place all day
- Feels somewhat wet

I don't have thick or unruly eyebrows so I think I'll repurchase.