essence Lash and Brow Gel Mascara

Filtered by skin tone : Fair age: 25-29
essence Lash and Brow Gel Mascara
Lash and Brow Gel MascaraLash and Brow Gel MascaraLash and Brow Gel MascaraLash and Brow Gel Mascara

3.5

Price: $

Price: $

on 12/17/2016 6:49:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I'm really sad about this. The spoolie is enormous, wider than my eyebrow, and only has the capacity to either deposit nothing at all or a big blob of goo. The product just slimes up my eyebrows and does nothing. Why, Essence? Why??? Everyone said this brow gel was awesome. I feel betrayed.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

First of all, the packaging broke about a week in when I was putting the wand back in the container.

The gel itself isn't anything special. It stays wet for about an hour on me, doesn't hold my brows in place at all. For me, it's basically like putting water on my brows. I'm throwing it away and will never repurchase.

ETA: The packaging actually broke twice -- the twisty part of the cap and the wand. Completely useless. I'd rather pay for the Anastasia one that works better and the packaging is great.

on 9/17/2014 6:49:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Coarse

I've never had a brow gel before, but for its price I can hardly complain. I put this to use when I am going to a special event like a wedding and need my brows to stay put though mine rarely misbehave. Can get a little crusty on the brows if too much is applied.

This is my tried and true brow gel. I don't see the point in spending tons of money on a brow gel. This definitely gets the job done just fine. I will repurchase over and over.

This is easily the best brow gel I've ever boughten. It keeps your brows in place all day and makes them look nice and neat, even if you don't fill your brows in with a pencil or powder. I've tried the Anastasia Beverly Hills one, and this is 100 times better. It does take a bit of time to dry, but it doesn't leave your brows sticky, or crusty. And, it's dirt, like dirt, cheap. At $1.29 CAD, this is the best brow product out their.

on 5/18/2014 3:35:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This is my favorite clear mascara for taming my very unruly brows. I don't fill them in but somehow they always tend to go all wonky and random hairs are askew.....this gel really helps set them in place. My only complaint would be that it is a little to wet and shiny, but a quick swipe over with a tissue seems to fix that. It lasts all day with no flaking.

on 10/6/2013 2:19:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Great brow gel on those days you just want to put them into place. I do not use it on top of filler. I have very thick brow and a swipe of this and I'm out of the door.

on 6/20/2013 10:48:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

EDIT: Knocking my rating down to a 3. The cap has now broken off of at least three of these, making them unusable. It's very frustrating and a waste of money. The product is good but the packaging sucks. Blah.

ORIGINAL: I'm on my fifth or sixth tube of this gem, with my next one already purchased and ready to go once it's finished. I was previously using E.L.F. Brow Mascara and thought that was the greatest thing ever, but this one by Essence definitely takes first prize. I'm spending about two dollars more on Essence than on E.L.F., but it's still only $2.99 or something. It keeps my brows in place all day without any stickiness or flaking. That's pretty much all I want in a brow gel, and Essence delivers.

on 4/3/2013 6:23:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I have used this product only to set brows.

Pros:
- Non flaky
- Doesn't make eyebrows feel crispy
- Odorless
- The packaging is not bad
- Cheap

Cons:
- I don't think it keeps brows in place all day
- Feels somewhat wet

I don't have thick or unruly eyebrows so I think I'll repurchase.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Although the packaging looks nicer I don't think this holds my brows in place as well as the e.l.f. 1$ clear brow gel. Would not repurchase.