Essence Lash and Brow Gel Mascara

Price: $

on 12/17/2016 6:49:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I'm really sad about this. The spoolie is enormous, wider than my eyebrow, and only has the capacity to either deposit nothing at all or a big blob of goo. The product just slimes up my eyebrows and does nothing. Why, Essence? Why??? Everyone said this brow gel was awesome. I feel betrayed.

on 12/30/2015 10:40:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Amazing product,I'm using it for years.It keeps my "a bit curly" eyebrows in place.I have used it as a mascara on pool/beach and it gives a little "glamour" to the lashes.They look a bit longer,shiny and wet.Love it.

I feel like this brow gel doesn't do much. I apply it when I use a pencil on my brows and I don't feel it keeps them in place all day long. I mean, it's better than using nothing but it's not a great product either. I would recommend the Maybelline one over this anyday.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

First of all, the packaging broke about a week in when I was putting the wand back in the container.

The gel itself isn't anything special. It stays wet for about an hour on me, doesn't hold my brows in place at all. For me, it's basically like putting water on my brows. I'm throwing it away and will never repurchase.

ETA: The packaging actually broke twice -- the twisty part of the cap and the wand. Completely useless. I'd rather pay for the Anastasia one that works better and the packaging is great.

on 10/11/2014 2:22:00 PM

I bought this because my Anastasia brow gel was done and wanted to try something cheaper. And let me tell you it's not even close to it.
First of all when I take out the wand there's too much product so I have to scrape it on the tube before applying it on my brows.
After I apply this within like 2 hours its completely gone! When I touch my eyebrows they're soft again like I never put anything on them before.
I don't mind the packaging as long as the product works for me. Besides i actually like that I can see how much product is left in the tube.
This is just like the Maybelline clear mascara (it was my first ever brow gel years ago), which doesn't work either.
My eyebrows are stubborn and thick so if yours are not like that you can try it and maybe it'll work for you.

on 9/17/2014 6:49:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Coarse

I've never had a brow gel before, but for its price I can hardly complain. I put this to use when I am going to a special event like a wedding and need my brows to stay put though mine rarely misbehave. Can get a little crusty on the brows if too much is applied.

This is my tried and true brow gel. I don't see the point in spending tons of money on a brow gel. This definitely gets the job done just fine. I will repurchase over and over.

This is easily the best brow gel I've ever boughten. It keeps your brows in place all day and makes them look nice and neat, even if you don't fill your brows in with a pencil or powder. I've tried the Anastasia Beverly Hills one, and this is 100 times better. It does take a bit of time to dry, but it doesn't leave your brows sticky, or crusty. And, it's dirt, like dirt, cheap. At $1.29 CAD, this is the best brow product out their.

on 5/18/2014 3:35:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This is my favorite clear mascara for taming my very unruly brows. I don't fill them in but somehow they always tend to go all wonky and random hairs are askew.....this gel really helps set them in place. My only complaint would be that it is a little to wet and shiny, but a quick swipe over with a tissue seems to fix that. It lasts all day with no flaking.

on 5/4/2014 4:52:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

I use this for my brows and thought I was getting a great deal for the price. I think the price is making people think the product is better than it is. To start, the wand is a little too big IMO. Secondly, this didn't hold my brows in place at all. It lasted maybe an hour and then it was like there was nothing on them. It doesn't leave any flakes so I guess that's a pro?

Like a lot of Essence products, the packaging is horrendous. This one is particularly unsightly and looks even worse the more you use it. I feel like Essence products are really hit or miss. For me, this was a miss.

Popular Mascaras