Essence Lash and Brow Gel Mascara

Essence Lash and Brow Gel Mascara
Lash and Brow Gel MascaraLash and Brow Gel MascaraLash and Brow Gel Mascara

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is my new must-have product. I love it! I don't know how I've lived all those years without ever using any eyebrow gel before!
probably because I had little experience in the overwhelming world of make up in the past.
I use it mainly as an eyebrow gel, and it does a pretty good job in keeping my brows in place, at a very low price. wow!
I also used it for my eyelashes a couple of times too, and it was decent.

This is a miss for me. I have used clear brow gels before and I most of the time use it to hold my stubborn straight lashes in place after I curled them.

This does not do anything for me. It just makes my lashes wet instantly and I lose all the curls, and it is damn near impossible to curl them again after. Which is really odd because if this is a clear mascara I would think the only think it does for your lashes is to hold curls since it has no color. I guess I just real,y don't get it.

I will return to my MAC clear brow gels that I been using for 15 years - oldie but a goodie.

The price is amazing. I only use it on my eyebrows, it does not take the makeup of the eyebrows. It keeps them in place. It last a long time, i bought mine a year ago and it still has product on it, but of course you should purchase every six months in terms of health.
It looks shiny at first but once it dries the shine is gone do not worry.
I will definitely purchase again

on 4/11/2017 1:32:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I bought this spontaneously after I ran out of E.L.F. Lash and Brow Mascara. I only use it on my brows. It's a clear and unscented thin gel which gives a very wet effect once applied, but dries in a couple of minutes. However, this product does not really hold my brows in place well. Also, the inner blue part of the lid broke off in a couple of months for no reason.
Will not repurchase even though it is very affordable.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I don't feel like there's much to say about this to be honest. It was probably one of the first brow gel products I bought and used so I didn't know better but after trying other ones I realise this is pretty rubbish. It's definitely too wet and doesn't really set your brows, it's just basically like brushing your eyebrows with the spoolie with a thick gel water like substance.

Also the reason the packaging is a 2 stars is because the bottle is clear and you get makeup on the spoolie so when you put it back in the tube it ends up a horrible colour and doesn't really look great on your vanity. It might be cheap but it's worth spending your money elsewhere

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Not a very good mascara.
Which surprised me cause I associate Essence with having some of the best mascaras in the drugstore.

Although for brows I guess this is good, I don't do much with setting brows or anything, mainly cause if I get too creative with my brows I turn into a caterpillar and it's just not a good look on me unfortunately.
That being said, it seems to do whatever a brow gel should do, although it doesn't have much hold but my eyebrow hair is thick-as in each hair strand is thick so when they get together it's a little chaotic. But I like this I guess, I just feel a little cheated mainly cause I wanted a mascara. I'm probably going to wait until my favorite mascara from them-the one in the purple tube comes back in stock, or just buy the less extreme volume one. Hopefully that one will work the way I want it to.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I don't like this product as a mascara because it stings if I get it in my eyes and it doesn't really do much length/volume/curl so I only use it as a brow gel. It is, however, an excellent brow gel! You must use a light hand however because if you brush too hard, whatever you used to fill in your brows will transfer onto the spoolie wand. It dries transparent with no waxy sheen and it doesn't flake or crunch. I love the clear packaging because you can see how much product is left. I'd admit the packaging isn't fancy, but I don't care because the product is cheap
($2.99 Canadian at Shoppers Drugmart), the product works, and no one is going to see the packaging anyways. I won't be repurchasing just because I want to get a tinted brow gel so I won't have to fill in my brows and add clear gel.

I'd recommend this product to anyone

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Essence Lash & Brow Gel Mascara is obviously a transparent gel mascara that can be used on your eyelashes & a styling product for your eyebrows. I personally don't interchange products I use on my eyes since they're sensitive & I don't want to risk cross contamination or an infection; my review is based on its use as a mascara—not on brow styling since I use a separate product to groom & then fill them in. When I wear this alone, it picks up my lashes & I get a look that is light, but not bare. It is slightly gloopy so I'd use a light hand & don't put on a whole lot at once.

I like using this on days I wear false lashes because I still get the styling benefits with no product on the lashes I'm gluing on or only on days I want a "no makeup" look. It didn't sting or burn my eyes or interfere with anything else I wear. It's one of the better clear mascaras I own & I already know I'll be buying another. Once, I forgot I had it on & rubbed my eyes, & even then I didn't have an issue! No red eyes, burning/stinging, irritation, etc. I recommend this for both eyelashes & brows as I'm sure it does an excellent job of holding them in place.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I love this now that I understand what it's for. This isn't meant to hold your eyebrows in place like hairspray - this hydrates your eyebrows after applying powder to fill them. First I brush out my brows, then use a MAC angled brush to put Tarte eyebrow powder on, then open the Essence brow gel and wipe most of the product off on the neck of the bottle, and apply to my eyebrows in one or two gentle swipes. It basically takes away the fake look of overly powdered brows and makes them look natural. I've been using this product for a couple of years now and I'm very happy with it. If I do want to have a strong hold on my brows, I simply spray a clean Mascara wand with hairspray and brush my brows out.

on 12/19/2016 6:23:00 AM

A perfectly good mascara for the brows. It does keep them in place and it's as good as my mac one, only way cheaper. I really like this brand