Palette by Nature - All Natural Permanent Hair Color

Palette by Nature - All Natural Permanent Hair Color

2.5

on 2/19/2017 5:47:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I am highly allergic to hair dye: blisters-large and they hurt and ooze, swelling of lymph nodes, face and eye swollen, etc. i have been very fortunate to have had no gray and I am 67. then one day i began to get gray esp. around the scalp line. if i pulled by hair back, there they were. I am a dark brunette. I have tried foils but even those once in a while would seep into my scalp and i was miserable. I would have to take a bunch of benadryl before having even foils. And since I still work I had to make sure it was on days that I was free as benadryl makes me sleepy. I patched tested several 'non-allergenic" brands but each caused a pretty healthy reaction even with dosing of benadryl. i tried brands without ppd and nope, I had reactions. I tried glosses and glazes and still had moderate reactions. I wasn't ready to give up and then i tried palette. first ,it is messy and time consuming, but again i am not used to coloring my hair. I didn't follow the heating part-did that once with foil and it just seeped into my scalp and i was left with all the above symptoms.. I have had NO adverse reaction. did it cover all the gray the first time-no but it did a lot of it. I have shoulder length hair and did not use the whole box-i was nervous using it and that may be another reason for it not getting all the silver. i am just amazed and pleased that there is a product i can use and yes, it is not cheap. There was no color change but i wanted just to hide the grey so this was perfect for me. my hair looks natural.

on 2/16/2017 8:56:00 PM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

Palette by Nature epic fail:
Having had a really bad reaction to hair dye and tints after 20 + years, I had various tests to confirm severe allergy to PPD and all associated chemicals, so i was really excited to find this product.
2 1/2 hours later, not a single grey has been covered, i followed the instructions to the letter, i timed every thing, I even re-checked i hadn't messed up the bottles, so sad a frustrated.
All i can say is do not waste your money,other than my hair has a nice sheen (which I could have got that from an olive oil wrap) in about 20 minutes . . . .
I have sent an email to the company asking them to respond and i will let you know.
In the meantime if anyone can recommend a product that contains no chemicals or henna (too much bad hype) please post it.
yours truly a grumpy 54 year old

on 12/19/2016 2:33:00 PM

Does not work! I just wasted the whole morning coloring my hair using this product and over $100 because I purchased 4 bottles after reading and believing the few good reviews and discarded the bad reviews on this product. Not one single gray hair was dyed. I'm going back to using Natural Instinct which works perfectly beautifully for me in the last 10 years. I changed to Palette by Nature because I read about PPD. Until I find a PPD free product that's proven to work with money back guarantee, I'm going back to use what worked for a fraction of the cost and 1/4 of the time to use. Utterly unhappy with this product!

on 6/15/2016 2:05:00 PM

First.....after reading over the reviews for this product....I am very sorry for everyone who did not have a good experience. I happen to like the product because it is PPD free, and because I have had cancer, it is important for me to use something that eliminates chemicals that could be potentially harmful to my body.

I have been using the product for several years. I have naturally black hair. Because of this, my expectations of full coverage are more realistic I think. It really doesn't bother me that it doesn't cover every single grey hair...I am almost 60 for crying out loud...lol!

The application process is a bit long and tedious. I bought a hairdryer with a bonnet and leave it on high for about 40 minutes or so after the application process. Like I said, it doesn't fully cover the grey but it covers enough of it that I can live with it. The alternative to using no product at all is not very appealing to me.

I have not had a problem with an itchy scalp or other problems reported by some, although one can develop an allergy to something after continuous use. I will continue to use it for as long as I can or just get plain tired of the fuss.

Oh yes....as a side note, I have used Ecocolors in the past, quite a bit actually. I quit that because of the use of ppd in the product. I'm not sure if Ecocolors stll has ppd in it or not. I have also used henna. The Ecocolors was by far the easiest of the three products, but again switched because of the ppd issues.

The cost of this product is high. I especially don't like the fact that they tell you you are receiving a $1.00 off the product which in fact forces you to buy another box to qualify for the free shipping. I consider that underhanded on their part.

I am very allergic to several hair color products. The reaction had become more serve over the past few years even though I had colored my hair for 15 years. I tried Nuturcolor from Whole Foods which gave me beautiful results but after 4 times even that caused a reaction for me. I called number on box and spoke to rep and found out that it contains very small amount of PPD. The reaction affects my nervous system which is very terrifying. I quickly rinsed off product after only 5 minutes on my head and called my doctor. He told me to take 1 & 1/2 dose of Benadryl and drink 2 water bottles. If I didn't feel better in 5 minutes he wanted me to call 911. I paced my house wondering what to do. In 20-30 minutes later I was completely fine. Scary stuff I felt like I was being poisoned I went to an allergist and strangely I am not allergic to PPD but allergic something else in hair color products. Determined to find a product I had the Allergist do additional testing on me for what is known to be a safer product called EcoColor ( free of PPD, resorcinol, ethanolamine and propylene), but even that gave me a reaction. I possibly narrowed it down to be allergic to aminophenol. My allergist can do testing for 2 versions of aminophenol but he would have to special order this type of testing. It is crazy researching what is in so many hair color products and how harmful they can be. I safely tried Madison Reed semi-permanent gloss after patch test but it washed out after a few washings I am so glad that I tried Palette by Nature. I did a patch test for 48 hours first without any adverse reactions. I have fine textured, medium blonde hair with large gray skunk like areas at both temples and gray around my face Odd looking if I go were to go natural. Thank you, Thank you Palette by Nature for creating a permanent hair color product that works for me. I only needed 1/3 of each of the bottles to cover my gray. I poured product along a comb and got as close to root area as I could to be on the safe side. Now I look like a younger me thanks to 9N which gave me a light blonde deposit on my gray hair. I could go darker but I am enjoying the blonder hair look around my face just fine. I'll be ordering more color soon to have on hand and will even buy color protecting products. Moral of the story. Always do a patch test, listen your body, seek medical advise if necessary but perhaps there is a product out there that will work for you. I hate to give 5 out of 5 after only 1 use.

on 1/11/2015 5:47:00 PM

What a scam!

I should have paid more attention to reviews before buying this product. I lost time and money and my hair is the same as before the coloration. No coverage at all! I followed meticulously the instructions, I used the hair blower for 30 minutes after application. My grey roots is still grey, my hair is sticky and greasy (after three shampoo trying to remove that greasy deposit) and it made a mess everywhere; it stains the sink, the tub, my hands...Good thing bleach worked cleaning everything. So after spending +30 dollars for a box, and after using 1 and 1/2 box to cover my mid-lenght thick hair, and after over two hours process (one natural base to apply, followed by the color, then the heat for 30 minutes), there is no difference. Very disappointed, I will never buy this product again.

There is no customer service ,so even if they send leaked bottles we don't get proper response to our queries .

No idea why they call this as permanent hair color, never even changed the color of single hair .Dont waste your money, people who have left positive reviews are probably paid by the company.

on 7/30/2014 9:50:00 PM

i signed up just to write this review. as i write this, 1 week after "dying my hair", I'm so itchy everywhere the dye touched my skin that i just popped a benadryl, i still have black stuff all over my itchy scalp and it did not cover my gray whatsoever. the dye literally stuck to everything except for gray hair. after i rinsed out the dye in the shower, i had to scrub my bathtub in a panic because it was stuck everywhere and now there are stains, then i got out of the shower and looked in the mirror. to my disbelief and horror, a film of gray covered my face and all over my back, my hands were dark gray, essentially wherever the dye touched when rinsing it out. i quickly used the enclosed dye remover with a cotton ball all over my face and hands, over my eyelids and under my eyes. this removed the dye but it was a scary experience. my back was still gray. i looked at my scalp and was shocked to see how much was still stuck on it. one week later there is still a lot of crud falling off my scalp and getting everywhere. i am itchy everywhere the dye was, my back, my hands and my scalp. it's getting worse everyday. i scratch so much i may need to go to the doctor's if this doesn't subside. i have so much black stuff under my nails from scratching my scalp. i am so miserable. all this suffering and it did not cover my grays, and i only have a couple hundred grays.

on 6/11/2014 12:43:00 PM

I had a good experience with the product both the permanent and the touch up versions. It blended in the grays around my hairline nicely. I think it takes a day or two on the hair to oxidise and develop the colour. Glad to have found a product that is cosmetically acceptable without PPDs.

I normally use Eccocolors, but the problem is that after 2 weeks my hair becomes redish, so I decided to try Palette by Nature, I am sad I did.
I have few white hairs, like 20, and after a lenghthy 1 hour, the greys were not covered :(. Also, before coloring with palette by nature, my hair was soft, now it feels like there is some product build up. Dont waste your money, people who have left positive reviews are probably paid by the company

Popular Hair Color Products