2.9

price range

Reviews

from

5 years ago

I was feeling a little blah and wanted something so opposite of what I thought of "me", so when I smelled this in the rollerball, it caught my attention. It's heavy, woodsy, peppery, and sweet cigar-y. I usually like light, crisp, floral scents. I rarely ever wear this fragrance as I think it's too heavy and so not me. I think "goth" when I smell this, I don't know why. I think rich, heavy, velvet, candles and night, when I smell this. I am glad I got it in the rollerball. When I have that blah feeling, I can go to the rollerball. Otherwise, it's just not me. Wouldn't re-purchase.

About reviewer (102 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Olive, Not Sure

HairBlack, Other, Other

7 years ago

I tried this at Sephora. At first, it was absolutely revolting. Like musty medicine. Once it settled on my skin a bit, the scent became a little sweeter and tolerable. Then it faded away. There was no longevity in this scent, which was fine because I didn't like it anyway.

About reviewer (67 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinAcne-prone, Tan, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

7 years ago

One of my favorites! I'm so disappointing it was limited edition, It smells wonderful on me. My go-to fall 'going out' scent! Love it!

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

7 years ago

I have this in a rollerball -- I doubt I'd buy the full size. I love the fragrance. It's very woodsy and dark, spicy and peppery (the potency of which mellows after the alcohol evaporates). HOWEVER, it has very little staying power. I like a perfume that I can apply to a few hot spots (carotid/jugular, wrists, etc.) and be able to get a random whiff when the wind blows or when I turn my head throughout the day. This doesn't do that at all. After only an hour or so the smell is virtually nonexistent. It's a pity, because I really like the actual smell. :( If the fragrance lasted longer, I would've rated it five stars. *Note: Reminds me of the song "Black No. #1" by Type O Negative.

About reviewer (56 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair, Neutral

HairRed, Curly, Medium

8 years ago

Picked this roller ball up from the sale aisle in my sephora for only 6 bucks. I really like it. at first I wasnt too interested in it but after I let it settle into my skin I had to have it...smells like something I would wear out with the boyfriend.

About reviewer (11 reviews)

SkinOther, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Curly, Other

8 years ago

This perfume is spicy and peppery when you first smell it, and thus, some people may be put off. But it dries down to a very sweet floral on me. Foor both girls who like the oriental , andgirls who like a floral smell, it's perfect. However (there's always a However) it can be overpowering and a little cheap, much like KVD's Sinner (and to a much lesser extent, Saint.) Bear in mind when purchasing, because a little goes a long way.

About reviewer (23 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

EyesGray

9 years ago

Wow, I'm really surprised to see all these negative reviews! Just goes to show you that different individuals' unique chemistries have a HUGE impact on the way a scent performs. Personally, though I'm definitely not a fan of Kat Von D (like, not at all--that fact that this scent had her name on it really made me think long and hard about my purchase) I found that Adora is divine on me. I love orientals and gourmand scents, and the musky sweetness in Adora is right up my alley. It's a tad pricey so I opted for the rollerball instead, but overall I do think this one's worth a shot. You never know until you try!

About reviewer (9 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairBrunette, Wavy, Coarse

9 years ago

Another free sample from Sephora. Much prefered the sample of Saint by Kat VonD. Definitely more "earthy" than the clean, sweet Saint perfume. While I don't find Adora repulsive, there's just nothing to it that I find so sensational that I want to keep on getting a whiff of it again and again throughout the day. So this one is a no sale for me.

About reviewer (203 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinNormal, Fair, Cool

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

9 years ago

I'm one of the few that actually like this fragrance. When I first smelled it, I didn't like it. Smelled herby and musky, but when I put it on my skin, it smelled so much better. My body chemistry lightens and sweetens this scent. The bottle it comes in is gorgeous, however, staying power is virtually non-existant. Since it fades so fast, I won't repurchase.

About reviewer (13 reviews)

SkinNormal, Olive, Warm

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

9 years ago

I like this....but let me defend myself! Okay, this scent is off the beaten path. It's more citrussy than the other KVD scents, a little different. This is what makes me a fan of Kat Von D. I do not judge by the personal life, only by the fragrance. I like the combinations of lychée, boysenberry, thyme, cassis, hyacinth, jasmine, mango, patchouli, sheer musk and amber wood. It starts out with a fresh tone, and fades out to a clean finish. I like it, relly do. It's a nice every day scent to mix things up a little. It's just different! Maybe this has played differently on my skin than many others, but it's a nice change.

About reviewer (37 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Cool