Gucci Guilty

Gucci Guilty
GuiltyGuiltyGuilty

3.9

I'm not going to list the notes because that's easy enough to find online. I'm just going to write the story it tells me instead. God I feel stupid writing this useless review but it's so overpowering when I smell it that I feel I need to, and perfumes are about stories anyway right ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Skip the next paragraph if you want the real review.

I know certain scents can "transport" you to another space and time in your memories and I've experienced that a hundred times but nothing, *nothing* compares to this. I blind bought the 5ml mini and upon the first sniff it just shifted me into this incredibly vivid dream of being in my early 20s, single, out on the viaduct on a cloudy chilly night with a bunch of laughing, tipsy coworkers after a corporate dinner and of me being quietly in love with my good friend a couple years older than me who is also a higher up in my company that I really shouldn't be close with, who wasn't even at the dinner. Who I barely see because of how busy he is. And having that night be the night I suspect he feels the same based on the messages he's been sending that I've been checking all night. It's being surrounded by that kind of background noise, that kind of self-assured happiness, pulling your scarf around you with cold fingers and seeing your breath fog up as you stand by the water edge and glance up at the dark sky where the clouds have just shifted slightly so you can see some moon, and you can hear the creaking of the boats, and your coworkers noticing you daydreaming and teasing you for it, and it's you being so quietly confident and happy because even though you're going home alone and love being by yourself anyway, you're going home warm and feeling comforted. And the thing is... I haven't even had the above situation happen to me. I've owned the spray for eight months now and every single spray is exactly like the first time. If it wasn't this vivid then I wouldn't even be writing this stupid embarrassing post. I have absolutely no idea where this image comes from because it wasn't even some dumb girly daydream that I had beforehand. Hell, I'm not even single nor do I want to be.

It's warm, and comforting, and cozy. It's an incredibly familiar scent, especially for one that I don't think I've ever smelled on someone else before. It's like when you fall in love with your best friend despite being platonic for years, and suddenly his house feels like home. It's a dark, comforting scent that also smells like it could be aftershave or bodywash, and not in a bad way.

This is a tricky one to pull off if you're a woman, but not impossible. I sometimes use it as my day scent, but I'm a constantly scowling 25 year old with long dark hair and thin dark brows and big black boots and an unfortunate habit of cussing without realising. It works for me, but I'm a tomboy working in a 90% male industry so that might be why... I'm sure there'd be other women who would think this is too strong on me (I'm not trying to play that stupid "not like other girls" game, just trying to explain that this isn't a light or feminine fragrance but you can definitely twist it to suit you) . I actually use a very light fragrance Daisy Eau So Fresh most days. The scent lasts around 8 or 9 hours on me. You do need to be very careful to not go overboard. A single spray is enough.

I would never buy the full size (of anything really, I frickin love perfume coffrets because they're authentic and the bottle is stupidly adorable and I change my mind daily on what perfume to wear) but I would 100% rebuy the mini, which is a very rare thing for me to do.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I really see or smell nothing remarkable about this. I realize scent is so personal and subjective, so I will try to go with what really should matter when reviewing a perfume. Scent-wise, I am sorry, but to me, this is nothing new or unique or different. Nothing about this fragrance to me screams 'you must have me, I am different!!'. The bottle design is also meh for me. Nothing thrilling. I do like classy looking bottles and I guess in a way that may have been what they were going for here, but to me, the design of this bottle is very boring. There is basic, there is classy, and there is boring, and to me, this bottle design is very boring; just the basic Gucci logo, wow. Plus the gold on it imho looks cheap, more like something you would buy at a drugstore. The fragrance, if you do like it, for me does not last more than a couple of hours, so that is disappointing, especially when taking the price point into consideration (and yes, I know many perfumes are even more $$, but this is still up there price-wise). It is a light scent and safe enough I feel for work or school or gatherings and such, provided noone has allergies or asthma, that sort of thing. But nothing about this fragrance is 'special' to me, it just feels very 'average' in all respects. And the Gucci logo..nice, but it makes me wonder, what came first, the Gucci logo, or the Chanel logo..? ;o)

on 8/24/2016 12:17:00 PM

I am disappointed in this. For the money it does not last long. I find the more inexpensive perfumes last longer than this. I have Gucci by Gucci and love that, but this i will not repurchase.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I get so many compliments on this by everyone and the smell lasts all day on my skin. Would definitely repurchase this if I ran out.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

The fragrance is nice - floriental- but I like a stronger sillage. I got a sample at Sephora. Don't think I will purchase. I like to have a faint scent as I walk by and not only if I press my nose to my skin. It doesn't last the way Gucci Rush did on me.

This is a very sophisticated and addicting fragrance.

This is one of the best perfumes I have ever tried, and it has a musky yet feminine scent. The scents are from Mandarin, Pink Pepper, Peach, Lilac, Geranium, Amber, and Patchouli. It makes you smell rich and feel a little naughty. I definitely recommend!

on 12/16/2015 12:49:00 PM

This is alright but it's far from being my favorite. It's a slightly spicy floral with a subtle note of patchouli. The scent is warm and sweet, sophisticated (but it's also a tiny bit generic and old lady-ish).

Also, the metal bottle gets on my nerves. It's gorgeous to look at, but you can't touch it without getting fingerprints all over it.

Overall, I liked this one but I didn't love it and I wouldn't buy it again.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

This is definitely one of my favourite scents ever. The bottle/smell is sexy yet still classy and spiritual and i love it - and the staying factor included in the purchase! I have heard amazing things about this perfume and a day after i put it on my hidden 'favourite secret list' my beautiful fiance bought me the biggest bottle he could find! Love the smell, and the packaging even tops my prior favourites. So sensual and georgeous! Definitely a keeper for years to come in my opinion. The price is worth the smell and the confidence and sexy feeling it gives you! 100%

on 6/15/2015 2:28:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This fragrance isn't anything unusual or special in my opinion. Smells like a floral. Not sweet. I gave it such low stars though because the fragrance has extremely low staying power. Within an hour on my skin it is pretty much gone.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This isn't my favorite scent. It's just very meh. There's nothing exciting or new about it to me. I'll finish it up and won't repurchase.

Popular Fragrances