The Body Shop Ginger Shampoo Normal/Dry hair and Loose Dandruff

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamide DEA, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Polysorbate 20, Piroctone Olamine, Sodium Chloride, Phenoxyethanol, Panthenol, Propylene Glycol, Dimethicone Propyl PG Betaine, Honey, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Citric Acid, Sodium Salicylate, Methylparaben, Glycerin, Fragrance, Disodium EDTA, Linalool, Zingiber Officinale (Ginger) Root Extract, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Limonene, Birch Bark, Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract, Propylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Citral, Citronellol, Oakmoss, Benzyl Alcohol, Eugenol, Geraniol, Isoeugenol.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

Somehow I really enjoy the TBS hair care range, this was no exception, I think it's a great clarifying shampoo, I do use it once a week and it keeps my dandruff at bay, it can be drying so sometimes I just end up mixing it with some aloe Vera gel and it works just fine, the smell is kinda hard to described, it lingers and I like it, it's kinda like a ginger cocktail smell with like a soapy note, ya I know that's an odd description, it says it's meant for dry/flaky scalp but I have an oily scalp and I don't mind it. All in all this is staying in my shower till I find something better, also a little goes a long way.

Absolutely love this one! I have very sensitive scalp and my mom has flakes. Both of us love this one. It does not make my hair super dry. Enjoy this!

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

When I first started using this shampoo, I loved it. It got rid of my dandruff almost instantly, and there was no more itching or flakes. It was almost too good to be true. I noticed after a while that my hair was lacking volume. Soon enough, I realized it was thinning out and that I was losing a lot of hair. I decided to stop after I noticed this. It is quite unfortunate. If you are going to use this shampoo, I would advise you to PROCEED with caution. I only spotted one other review noting this problem, as many of the reviews are good, but I lost a lot of hair :/

I've tried this for about two weeks then decided to make a review. Honestly, I like this product thou it smells like ginger..hahaha.. my hair felt smooth, less dry and tangle free after using the shampoo and conditioner. This also helps to lessen my dandruff. The only con is it can be quite pricey.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Omg!!! I've been having dandruff ever since I changed my shampoo. And this was the only cure!!!! I usually use it at the scalp but not the ends as it can be drying so I'd double wash my scalp (one with regular shampoo and one with this). Now that my dandruff is cured I use this every alternate washes to give the scalp a good cleanse! Really great and gets rid of all the itchiness and grease!

I have really greasy hair and an itchy, flaky scalp, and this is the only product that has consistently helped. Anti-dandruff shampoos only irritate my scalp further, and shampoos with coal tar/tea tree oil only help temporarily, if at all, and don't do anything to help the oiliness of my hair.

I've been using this for 3 weeks and my hair texture has improved (it's become fluffier and less limp/flat). My hair isn't 100% flake-free, but it looks and feels better than it has in the last couple of years. Sometimes the itching/flaking comes back but I've found that using conditioner or a different shampoo once in a while keeps it at bay.

The scent is fine. Ginger-y but in an artificially sweet way, and doesn't appear to linger on my hair.

I bought this at least a year ago and i used it twice...didn't do anything so i put it away...until liked a month ago..i used it again and been using it till now.....i just gotta say this shampoo has helped my hair so much........i have always had nice hair but lately it has become do dry and unmanageable...it's almost liked a vicious cycle cause the more it acts out the more i use hair straightener to tame it and hurts it more at the end.......i also started using really moisturizing shampoo that's good at first but then back to same thing after 2 weeks or so.......i think what happened is that those "nourish" stuffs were just coating my hair with chemicals that in the long term making it dryer.
After faithfully using it for a month...my hair has finally went back to it's natural self liked years ago....i can fix my bangs with a quick blow dry and with minor straightening...it's now so shiny and soft......!!! I will always use this as long as they will make it...!!
Update July 17: This shampoo serves my scalp wonderfully but starts to dry out my hair. It was okay before i started coloring my hair again. I could barely run the fingers through my hair and i switched to AG color savoury shampoo and hair is much healthier/shinnier but my scalp can get itchy...I duno how to find something that will work for everything. In the meantime i guess i will just alternate.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I don't review often and have only used this twice so far but it has changed my life so I wanted to make sure to share. My flakes were embarrassing and I had almost given up on finding a solution besides stop wearing dark colors. I tried head and shoulders, selsun blue, aveda, two different types of Jason calming shampoos, and prob more I'm forgetting but nothing worked until this. I have some psoriasis but I'm unsure if that was causing my flakes. Regardless, definitely try this! Your black clothes will thank you!!!

I love this product to control my dandruff, however recently they changed the smell of the shampoo and it smells absolutely awful.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I have used this shampoo on and off for years. It is honestly great at reducing dandruff and I adore the smell but everytime I use it, I lose A LOT more hair than usual. Literally half a fists worth will come out as I'm washing it out.
Luckily I have lots of thick hair so used this regularly (twice a week) for a few months thinking the benefit of not having dandruff (which has plagued my scalp ever since I can remember) far outweighed the loss of hair but I had to stop when my hairline started thinning and receding.
I have done a bit of research and apparently SLSs (which is the second highest ingredient after water) can cause this with repeated and prolonged use so I switched to a shampoo without any (shea moisture) and I dont lose half as much hair as before and my hairline is beginning to look normal again.
Obviously this is just my experience but if you have thin or thinning hair I would seriously reconsider using this. There are plenty of anti dandruff shampoos on the market without SLSs, Petal Fresh for example.