The Body Shop Ginger Shampoo Normal/Dry hair and Loose Dandruff

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamide DEA, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Polysorbate 20, Piroctone Olamine, Sodium Chloride, Phenoxyethanol, Panthenol, Propylene Glycol, Dimethicone Propyl PG Betaine, Honey, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Citric Acid, Sodium Salicylate, Methylparaben, Glycerin, Fragrance, Disodium EDTA, Linalool, Zingiber Officinale (Ginger) Root Extract, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Limonene, Birch Bark, Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract, Propylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Citral, Citronellol, Oakmoss, Benzyl Alcohol, Eugenol, Geraniol, Isoeugenol.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I started having dry flakes as a result of a reaction to a drying and damaging shampoo they gave in the hotel i was staying at. The result of this product is beautiful on what it promises to do. Within 2 days of use, my dry flakes were reduced. Within a week of use, I barely had any dry flakes left. The consistency of the product was also satisfying. It is clear and slightly watery that made it easy to apply and came to a good lather. Washing it off is not a problem either.

The pitfall of this product is in its scent. On its own, the scent smells good, reminding me of ginger ale. However, the scent of the product is too strong, it is almost suffocating every time i use it. If you are able to get by the strong scent, this product is great, if you cannot (like me) unfortunately then this product becomes a pity. Would not repurchase on my part.

Also, the packaging is not the best as the cap is easily broken.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Smells great, washes my hair without causing dryness but also removes buildup fairly easily, doesn't seem to strip too much colour out. Leaves my hair soft and shiny. Lathers well. I heard Body Shop is discontinuing their haircare line in stores. I hope this is not true because this is a great shampoo. Would repurchase.

To Read all 94 Reviews, Login or Join

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

This took care of my daughters dandruff within two washes. Her hair was shiny and not frizzy at all. Flakes were all gone! Definitely would buy this again. The price wasn't bad for the amount you get. Plus I ordered it online and it arrived fairly quickly.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

The ONLY product that lets me go days without itching and flakes. No more dandruff. I feel so sad for the years I spent trying different products. Also, it's important to fix your dandruff...it's not just uncomfortable and unslightly but it's a fungus growing on your head...gross!

It does dry out my hair, so I oil the ends/lengths before shampooing. You can probably condition-wash-condition method (look it up) also, as long as you get at the roots with this product. So worth the 10$, they better never discontinue it.

I've been using this for about two years now and I now can't imagine using another shampoo. I used to have an oily scalp and really dry wavy hair. It was so difficult to find a good shampoo that doesn't make my scalp oily and my hair super dry. Most products I tried always left my hair sticky and oily at the top no matter how much i tried washing it off (ew). I'm so glad I purchased this shampoo because my scalp hasn't been oily and itchy and it doesn't dry out my hair at all!

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is my most favourite shampoo for dandruff/itchy scalp. I prefer to use hair products that are not chock full of chemicals and The Body Shop provides a slightly more natural and cruelty-free solution.

This works wonders for my scalp! Although I don't use this daily, it helps me get rid of dandruff and flakes. It's worked better than any other natural dandruff shampoo that I've tried. While it did take a few washes for me to see the effects, I understand why it's so popular! It was completely sold out at my Body Shop and I had to be wait listed for the next shipment. Well worth the price if you go to the Body Shop during a BOGO sale or even buy 2 get 2 free. I love it so much that I have a few bottles stockpiled!

The smell is nice but not too overpowering. My only complaint is that you need to be careful with how much you use. If I use too much product, my hair becomes very greasy the next day and I need to really make sure I wash all of it out. It also is a little drying so use it in conjunction with other shampoos or conditioners and don't use it daily.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

It's absolutely awesome for my oily hair. I started having dandruff and now it's well controlled. Besides, my wavy hair feels cleaned and not weighted down.

I only use this shampoo once a week (I use RenPure "conditioner" every 2 days) and my scalp feels better and there's definitely less oil and product build up that gets me through the week. It does completely dry my hair out, though, and it didn't give me the tingly scalp feeling I was hoping for. I typically use this shampoo and follow up with the body shop's hair butter. I think I will probably splurge on PM's tea tree shampoo once I run out of this one.

Love love this! It's the best clarifying shampoo I've tried and its a treat to use. At first, I was a little disappointed due to its runny and thin texture and the first time I used it, I didn't really work it in my hair so it didn't lather. The second time, I applied a bit more and really worked it into my hair and it lathered amazingly. Has a light, fresh ginger scent and a slight tingle on my scalp. It also really worked to rid my hair of all residue. I use this with The Body Shop Banana Conditioner and it works well with it as the Banana Conditioner doesn't leave a heavy conditioner residue on my hair. It just moisturizes.

Update: I did notice more shedding from using this Shampoo...

Although I don't have dandruff, I thought this would feel nice on the scalp, and I love the smell of ginger. This is a clear, slightly runny shampoo that smells like ginger essential oil (not sweetened up to smell like baked goods, or with orange, like many ginger products are). It does feel slightly cool and tingly on the scalp when you are washing your hair. However, it leaves my fine, wavy hair feeling tangled and dry. I used it with a conditioner I normally don't have a problem with, so I don't think that was the issue. Also, I noticed my hair shed slightly more than usual when using this. I think I'm going to end up using this as a body wash. I paid about $10 for this and received free shipping with a promotional code.

Popular Shampoos