Cover Girl fresh complexion concealer

Filtered by eye Color : Green
Cover Girl fresh complexion concealer
fresh complexion concealerfresh complexion concealer

3.5

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Propylene Glycol, Dimethicone, Talc, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, PEG/PPG 18/18 Dimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Cyclomethicone, Arachidyl Behenate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Stearic Acid, Ethylene Brassylate, Ethylene/Methacrylate Copolymer, Trihydroxystearin, Polyglyceryl 4 Isostearate, Silica, Synthetic Wax, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, Propylparaben, PVP, Methicone, Methylparaben, Cetyl/PEG/PPG 10/1 Dimethicone, Aluminum Hydroxide, Laureth 7, Hexyl Laurate, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides

on 7/28/2014 12:46:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I bought this concealer in the lightest shade they had a few years ago when I was in the process of looking for a new skin makeup. This is one fo the first ones I tried. I can't remember off the top of my head what I paid for it, but I think it was under $5, so a good value. Cute little bottle, too. :)

Formula wise, this stuff was very good- perfect color match to my pale skin, and blended in flawlessly. It was very creamy and easily blendable. I used a powder to set it (I think it was the clean make-up powder, which I didn't like that much, lol). I used this sort of like a foundation, and blended in all over. So for about a week or so, I thought I hd found my new favorite concealer.

Boy, was I wrong, lol. This stuff left my skin feeling very oily, even after removal (I have dry skin normally, so this left me with the exact opposite). But worst of all, it left me with HUGE painful cystic acne! All over my face where it had been applied! (We're talking multiple-core zits here with 2-3 whiteheads PER ZIT! XD lol). Even after I stopped using it, it took several months for my skin to completely heal. Out of all the skin make-up I have ever used that has broken me out, this one by far was the worst of them. I was disappointed because the concealer initially seemed like the perfect one. I have not purchased it since then, I do not recommend it for girls with acne prone skin!

OK coverage, but definitely not a good highlighter in my opinion. Doesn't brighten my face the way id like it to..nor cover my dark circles as much as id like. Not the worst drugstore concealer but nowhere near the best.

This concealer is a must in my makeup routine! BUT, not to conceal. It has very little coverage, but the colour range goes light enough for me to use it as a highlighter under my eyes! Not many drugstore brands have light enough concealers to use on my very pale skin, but this one is great! It lasts a while, but once again, not very much coverage.

on 12/27/2013 9:58:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I bought this on a whim many years ago when I first started needing concealer, and never felt the need to try anything else. It works on all blemishes and under my eyes (granted I don't have very dark circles under my eyes). Like someone else said, I just dot it on, pat it to blend, and set it with powder. I can see the packaging being a hygiene issue - It's a doefoot applicator, and dotting it on blemishes over and over might contaminate it. It's easy enough to just use a concealer brush with it though.

on 10/24/2013 10:59:00 PM

I agree with previous posts about this being great under the eyes, but don't even try to cover a zit with it. It won't work. It's more like a bb cream than a concealer IMO. I like the covergirl stick concealer for that random zit.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

My skin has been changing on me and lately my usual concealers just are not working any more. Either they are too thick like the Laura Mercier camoflauge or are too watery like my usual go to Neutrogena Healthy Skin concealer...so, in a moment of desperation, I bought the Cover Girl Fresh Complexion concealer in classic ivory. Wow. I LOVE the texture, it goes on very smoothly, is easily buildable on clean skin and covers well. Does it last all day? Not really but, it does not break me out and it seems to heal the redness from past acne marks. For a drugstore concealer, it works really well and is very affordable. I think it was around $6 and I can tell this will last a really long time. The color is perfect for my cool toned, fair skin. For a recent trip, instead of packing foundation, I only threw this item in my carryon bag and it worked beautifully as a makeshift foundation or a touch up concealer for lighter makeup days. I really like this product a lot and will def look to purchase this again.

best under eye concealer but for me it does not cover pimples very well but is still workable

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This concealer sucks, bottom line. No pigment, gets stuck in the creases if my eyes, dries cakey and is just gross.

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

This concealer is just average for me. I would not use it for blemishes because it has light-reflecting properties in it. This is more of an under eye concealer. I've used this a few times now, and it covers up my dark circles for the most part, but I had to use a little extra on the inner part of my eye because it's the darkest area for me. I'm pretty pale, so I bought the lightest shade they had. When I put it on, it made me look very, very pale. I'm not sure why, it's just not too flattering. Next time I use it, I'm going to try to use a color corrector underneath, then apply just a small amount of this so maybe it won't look that way.
This is a decent product, especially for the $4 I paid for it. It works quite well, but it's not anything extraordinary. The only reason I would not repurchase is because the tube is relatively big and I want to try new concealers.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This is an amazing product. I've been using it for years and years and I absolutely love it. I can't live without it. Reading these reviews, I'm honestly stumped as to why it doesn't have a higher rating.

I use this product as a highlighter, for spot treatment, and for larger areas that my foundation doesn't fully cover. The trick is all in how you use it. I've found that the longer you let it sit on your skin, the thicker it gets and the more coverage you get (although this will make it less blendable). So if I want to use this as a highlighter with little coverage, I just rub any excess product off the wand, swipe a line on my face, and immediately rub it in. If I want to use this for a larger area that still looks uneven despite my foundations, I kind of paint the area with the wand, maybe wait a second, and then rub it in. Finally, if I need to cover a pimple, I'll put a dot on the area and let it sit and thicken for a little while while I do some other part of my makeup and then dab it in. The amount of coverage you get is really all about how you use it and with so much flexibility, this product is wonderful.