Cover Girl fresh complexion concealer

Filtered by hair type : Curly
Cover Girl fresh complexion concealer
fresh complexion concealerfresh complexion concealer

3.3

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Propylene Glycol, Dimethicone, Talc, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, PEG/PPG 18/18 Dimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Cyclomethicone, Arachidyl Behenate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Stearic Acid, Ethylene Brassylate, Ethylene/Methacrylate Copolymer, Trihydroxystearin, Polyglyceryl 4 Isostearate, Silica, Synthetic Wax, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, Propylparaben, PVP, Methicone, Methylparaben, Cetyl/PEG/PPG 10/1 Dimethicone, Aluminum Hydroxide, Laureth 7, Hexyl Laurate, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is my HG concealer despite trying so many others from high end to low end- I could honestly wear this stuff as foundation. It's a perfect match for my fair skin and really changed my mind about Covergirl products in general. Since it has worked so well for me (and is both affordable and long lasting) I decided to test two of their foundations and was happy that this matched both perfectly. One tube of this concealer lasted me almost a year and did not dry out or change in texture, or cause breakouts. Since it's so affordable I grabbed an extra for my purse, but I rarely need it.

I see this doesn't have great reviews but I think perhaps it was a lucky find for me- fair concealers are hard to find without being too dark/washing you out/looking too yellow or red. So if you are pale with normal skin, this might be a great buy if you are sick of all the high end brands failing you.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

My skin has been changing on me and lately my usual concealers just are not working any more. Either they are too thick like the Laura Mercier camoflauge or are too watery like my usual go to Neutrogena Healthy Skin concealer...so, in a moment of desperation, I bought the Cover Girl Fresh Complexion concealer in classic ivory. Wow. I LOVE the texture, it goes on very smoothly, is easily buildable on clean skin and covers well. Does it last all day? Not really but, it does not break me out and it seems to heal the redness from past acne marks. For a drugstore concealer, it works really well and is very affordable. I think it was around $6 and I can tell this will last a really long time. The color is perfect for my cool toned, fair skin. For a recent trip, instead of packing foundation, I only threw this item in my carryon bag and it worked beautifully as a makeshift foundation or a touch up concealer for lighter makeup days. I really like this product a lot and will def look to purchase this again.

on 8/1/2013 9:52:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

EDIT: I was using this product in conjunction with Maybelline Dream Matte powder, which seems to have a track record of doing what I reported here. So maybe it's the powder, not the concealer that was breaking me out. I stopped using both of them and my skin is clearing up finally.

I bought this concealer in a pinch and ended up really liking it-- I'm super pale (well I used to be), and I liked that it was buildable (read: super sheer). I used it to cover pimples.

However, after several months of use, I'm pretty positive that this caused me to have some serious breakouts. Lots of tiny spots, as well as big whiteheads (and I think it aggravated my pores and caused some big under-the-skin cysts, as well). I got them on my cheeks, which is a spot where I usually NEVER have acne. I am stopping use of this concealer effective tomorrow, and if my skin doesn't improve (aka it's something that isn't this concealer), I will edit the review and fix it. Pretty positive this concealer is the culprit though.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

STAPLE PRODUCT!!! I'm not even sure how long I've been using this product but it's the ONE AND ONLY concealer I've found that accurately matches my fair skin tone for a concealer. Others usually are too dark. This one is actually a smidge lighter than my skin tone and works well as brightening my under-eyes. It never gets cakey under my eyes, nor does it slip and slide causing eyeliner or mascara to smudge. I'm having trouble finding my shade lately, though (classic ivory) and I'm running low. Would recommend this product to anyone. Give it a try :)

on 9/22/2011 6:54:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This product does NOT do it's job, very liquidy and expensive for the crappy job it does and it also has a cheap smell to it. In my opinion Covergirl sucks, LoReal and Maybelline have better concealer's .

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

I love this concealer! I actually bought this, and then I went back and bought a second one because I loved it so much! It is really creamy, it covers great, and the price is definitly amazing!

on 5/4/2011 11:35:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I was not happy with this concealer. It is very liquid-y and did little to nothing for my under eye circles. I will definitely not buy it again.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

After they stopped making my favorite concealer, Maybelline Everfresh :'( I needed to find a new one. I thought this would be good because the color and packaging were almost the same! I normally like CG, but this product is no good. The lightest shade is still to dark, and it doesn't even match up with my CG foundation. The color also oxidizes. The formula is thick, but yet it doesn't do much to cover up zits. The consistency also makes it hard to blend, so you kind of end up with tacky dots that are darker than your foundation. Not worth it. I occasionally use it as an undereye concealer, just to try to use up the tube since I can't return it. Don't waste your time on this one. :(

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

The packaging of this product is very unhygenic. I think this would be a good cheap concealer for people with perfect skin or young girls who are starting to use makeup. It does not cover blemishes but I must say it would okay for undereye circles but if you have the slightest bit og wrinkles or fine lines it will settle into them. The formula is very watery and if reapplied over and over it will cake. I'm not a fan of cover girl at all and I didn't have high hopes for this concealer at all. I ended up returning it.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This isn't a very good concealer. I tried using it for dark under eye circles and blemishes. It helps to blur them a bit, but doesn't really cancel out or conceal very well... I am not very impressed with it over all. I found a color that works perfectly on me, but that doesn't help so much when the function of it isn't up to parr. A downside also on this is I found it oxidizes and turns orange within a couple hours. I'll look in the mirror and you can plain as day see where I put the concealer because it becomes discolored. I won't be repurchasing this one.