Cover Girl fresh complexion concealer

Filtered by skin type : Sensitive
Cover Girl fresh complexion concealer
fresh complexion concealerfresh complexion concealer

3.7

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Propylene Glycol, Dimethicone, Talc, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, PEG/PPG 18/18 Dimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Cyclomethicone, Arachidyl Behenate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Stearic Acid, Ethylene Brassylate, Ethylene/Methacrylate Copolymer, Trihydroxystearin, Polyglyceryl 4 Isostearate, Silica, Synthetic Wax, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, Propylparaben, PVP, Methicone, Methylparaben, Cetyl/PEG/PPG 10/1 Dimethicone, Aluminum Hydroxide, Laureth 7, Hexyl Laurate, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides

on 4/18/2014 4:13:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

PROS: light colors available, thin consistency, sets on its own, natural "blurring" concealer
CONS: small color range, not densely pigmented, too liquidy in consistency for some people's liking, doesn't last all day

This was the first makeup item I ever had. My mom took me to Target at the young age of 12, hooked me up with some Covergirl Clean foundation, this concealer, some blush, lip gloss, and a tube of mascara. I remembered liking it then, so out of nostalgia, I repurchased it on my own recently, some 5 years after the last time I had owned it.

Ah, what a lovely product.

Essentially, this is the "tinted moisturizer" of concealers: perfect for a fresh, natural, no-makeup makeup look. My mother all those years ago had, in a sense, introduced me to the perfect makeup for a beginner. With light, soft coverage and a natural powder finish, it serves to blur imperfections more than it completely conceals, ideal for a young girl who doesn't know the correct amount of product to apply. For someone more advanced, the coverage may seem lackluster or nonexistent, but I find it perfect for minimalism, natural skin- it doesn't sink into lines under my eyes or into pores, it doesn't feel uncomfortable, it doesn't need to be set with powder, and it doesn't look makeup-y. The coverage is softly buildable.

You won't like this if you're searching for a high coverage concealer, have severe discoloration, have a deeper skin tone, or like working with thick concealers. However, younger girls, minimalist girls, fair-skinned girls, and low-maintenance-makeup girls, rejoice.

I'm glad that I repurchased this concealer.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is my HG concealer despite trying so many others from high end to low end- I could honestly wear this stuff as foundation. It's a perfect match for my fair skin and really changed my mind about Covergirl products in general. Since it has worked so well for me (and is both affordable and long lasting) I decided to test two of their foundations and was happy that this matched both perfectly. One tube of this concealer lasted me almost a year and did not dry out or change in texture, or cause breakouts. Since it's so affordable I grabbed an extra for my purse, but I rarely need it.

I see this doesn't have great reviews but I think perhaps it was a lucky find for me- fair concealers are hard to find without being too dark/washing you out/looking too yellow or red. So if you are pale with normal skin, this might be a great buy if you are sick of all the high end brands failing you.

best under eye concealer but for me it does not cover pimples very well but is still workable

on 8/8/2013 7:36:00 PM

I been using this for years as an all over foundation,I have tried several foundations none worked so I decided to use coverup as a full coverage makeup.It does not break me out, or sink into my pores it dries to a light matte finish.I have eczema, red skin, and it is sensitive to everything, this has been all I could use that did not irritate.DOWNSIDE: After ten minutes on my face the red shows back up so trying to cover red is hard, I also notice when I take this makeup off I seem redder almost as if it colors your face with a tint I actually where the lightest one, but it changes color after you have been wearing it.I have bought a new full coverage foundation (REVLON COLORSTAY IN BUFF)will update you let you know if this will cover my red face.

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

Over my BB Cream, this is perfect to cover up redness or pimples. It's easy to blend in and a great consistency! I really like this(: The best thing is that it doesn't break me out more, like most concealers! I will definitely repurchase.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I got this concealer as a under my foundation concealer, and it covers scars... pretty good but it does not cover my under eye circles. This concealer is good if you are using it as a scar concealer but not a dark circle eraser.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Staple product i never go without this concealer!!! Try it

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

STAPLE PRODUCT!!! I'm not even sure how long I've been using this product but it's the ONE AND ONLY concealer I've found that accurately matches my fair skin tone for a concealer. Others usually are too dark. This one is actually a smidge lighter than my skin tone and works well as brightening my under-eyes. It never gets cakey under my eyes, nor does it slip and slide causing eyeliner or mascara to smudge. I'm having trouble finding my shade lately, though (classic ivory) and I'm running low. Would recommend this product to anyone. Give it a try :)

on 12/31/2012 10:48:00 PM

I loved this product.
I got it by accident, my sister bought it for me. I got the shade buff beige, which is very good if you are tan. I'm dead pale because I can't be in the sun on my acne medication; bottom line its too dark right now, but I can blend it all over my face and it looks ok enough for me to go out in public.
My cap hasn't broken, I even bend the wand inside around to scrape off the sides of the container and nothing bad happens.
This shade has amazing coverage. I put a dot wherever, and easily tap with my finger to blend it out. I have acne scars everywhere, so trust me when I say it works.
I'm going to try a shade lighter soon, the creamy natural, hopefully its as light as I'm hoping.
It stays all day, I haven't noticed it sweating off. I have drier skin now on the medication, but my oily teenage skin didn't have a problem with this.
The coverage is very good, I'd say its a strong medium.
Perfect for a quick, cheap, drug store remedy, and its worth the money.

For shades, look at the CG clean pressed powder and use those shades to help decide. The buff beige's match perfectly, I'm hoping the same is true for the rest.

on 8/16/2012 10:56:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I have very fair skin and I bought this in "Classic Ivory," but it's too sheer to cover blemishes, and does nothing for under eyes.