COVERGIRL Clean Matte (Fresh Complexion) Concealer

Filtered by skin type : Oily
COVERGIRL Clean Matte (Fresh Complexion) Concealer
Clean Matte (Fresh Complexion) ConcealerClean Matte (Fresh Complexion) Concealer

3.0

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Propylene Glycol, Dimethicone, Talc, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, PEG/PPG 18/18 Dimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Cyclomethicone, Arachidyl Behenate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Stearic Acid, Ethylene Brassylate, Ethylene/Methacrylate Copolymer, Trihydroxystearin, Polyglyceryl 4 Isostearate, Silica, Synthetic Wax, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, Propylparaben, PVP, Methicone, Methylparaben, Cetyl/PEG/PPG 10/1 Dimethicone, Aluminum Hydroxide, Laureth 7, Hexyl Laurate, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides

on 7/8/2015 1:38:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

I'm hard-pressed to think of a worse concealer than this. I got my exact shade (by name) and it's still too light. Also, this offers no coverage at all. My CG 3-in-1 foundation offers way more coverage. On the plus side, it doesn't smell weird or irritate. Fail.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

My HG concealer! I've been using this for years since my mom used it to cover up her circles. I use it as concealer and on those days where I feel really confident in my skin, I'll wear it as a foundation as well. It blends well, it covers, it brightens my face, and it doesn't melt off on those hot summer days. I'm also really pale so it's nice having something that blends seamlessly into my neck and doesn't make me look like I have a bad tan. I hope CoverGirl never discontinues this!

on 8/1/2013 9:52:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

EDIT: I was using this product in conjunction with Maybelline Dream Matte powder, which seems to have a track record of doing what I reported here. So maybe it's the powder, not the concealer that was breaking me out. I stopped using both of them and my skin is clearing up finally.

I bought this concealer in a pinch and ended up really liking it-- I'm super pale (well I used to be), and I liked that it was buildable (read: super sheer). I used it to cover pimples.

However, after several months of use, I'm pretty positive that this caused me to have some serious breakouts. Lots of tiny spots, as well as big whiteheads (and I think it aggravated my pores and caused some big under-the-skin cysts, as well). I got them on my cheeks, which is a spot where I usually NEVER have acne. I am stopping use of this concealer effective tomorrow, and if my skin doesn't improve (aka it's something that isn't this concealer), I will edit the review and fix it. Pretty positive this concealer is the culprit though.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse

It stings when applied over my eye area, it has no coverage at all, and the wand application is not hygienic. This really is one of those products for which the phrase "you get what you pay for" applies perfectly.
It's a watery light paste that streaks horribly. I have super horrendous eye area problems so it did not work for me at all, because it has really NO coverage! This is the type of drugstore product made specially for girls in their teens or pre-teens (or blessed women), that have skin with little to no troubles at all. Females with almost non-existent imperfections, THIS is for you.
********** UPDATE!**********
It can actually work as a translucent highlighter over foundation! (The lightest shade). I'll add another lippie for that!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I've been using this product for about a year now and I dont have much to compare it to but it works nicely enough for me. If you apply a dab to your blemish then rub it in and dab it in circular motions it goes on with a natural but good coverage look. the only problem i've had with this is that you need to re-apply throughout the day sometimes because it doesnt hold very well.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This concealer had minimal coverage when it came to covering up my dark circles & blemishes. It did brighten up my skin whenever I put it on and it was easy to blend, but it looked cakey on me.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This concealer is way to liquid for my taste and is to sheer to cover my under eye circles. To get a decent coverage for my dark circles I would have to apply one layer, let it dry, set it with powder and then apply once again the concealer and set it with powder. On blemishes, it would rub off after a couple of minutes. It would look like I didn't even apply concealer on them. This concealer also creases after a couple of hours. The packaging was alright. But there is a lot of product that gets stuck at the top of the tube that you can't reach with the wand. This applicator was okay. Nothing special. Over all, its alright. Wouldn't recommend it.

on 10/16/2010 8:50:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I really love this concealer. I have a slightly different use for it though. I do use it for dark circles however I also use it as an eyeshadow primer. I don't have the money for UDPP and l'oreal decrease is hard to find where I live. I absolutely love this as an eyeshadow primer, my eyeshadow won't crease for usually about 10 hours. That's amazing because I have oily lids. I'm also quite pale so this is good for covering up the veins on my eye lids.

It does help with redness though as well, around my nose and on my cheeks. It doesn't do a lot for acne but if I need to I will put a dot on a blemish and let it sit for a minute or so then use a barely damp cosmetic wedge sponge and dab it until it blends in and it does help a little.

on 5/15/2010 3:38:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I use this concealer for most of my problem areas, a.k.a. redness and under eye circles. It works pretty well and isn't cakey, this is decent for a drugstore concealer. I am sure it cannot compare to say, the $40 ysl concealers, but eh, I'd never spend that much on a product I use over tiny areas of my face anyway. Personally, I like the "watery" consistency of this concealer, as I do not like putting heavy products underneath my eyes. :)

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

So I'm on my 3rd tube of this stuff, and I must say that I love it! It covers my under eye circles, and my blemishes very easily. And plus, it stays on my face all day! To me, this is overall a great product.