Cover Girl fresh complexion concealer

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
Cover Girl fresh complexion concealer
fresh complexion concealerfresh complexion concealer

3.5

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Propylene Glycol, Dimethicone, Talc, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, PEG/PPG 18/18 Dimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Cyclomethicone, Arachidyl Behenate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Stearic Acid, Ethylene Brassylate, Ethylene/Methacrylate Copolymer, Trihydroxystearin, Polyglyceryl 4 Isostearate, Silica, Synthetic Wax, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, Propylparaben, PVP, Methicone, Methylparaben, Cetyl/PEG/PPG 10/1 Dimethicone, Aluminum Hydroxide, Laureth 7, Hexyl Laurate, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides

I've used this concealer under my eyes and around my nose for years. I like the consistency, kind of moisturizing, not too thick. It doesn't settle into lines which is really nice. The staying power on blemishes isn't great, and needs to be touched up.

Lately I've felt like it doesn't cover the purple in my under-eye circles as much as I'd like, but I'll keep using this until I find something I love.

I have gone through so many of these!! It is great for undereye concealer and also for blemishes, scars, dark spots, etc.
Definitely a must-have. It doesn't have the best coverage in the world, but for a drugstore item at this price, it is outstanding.

on 7/28/2014 12:46:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I bought this concealer in the lightest shade they had a few years ago when I was in the process of looking for a new skin makeup. This is one fo the first ones I tried. I can't remember off the top of my head what I paid for it, but I think it was under $5, so a good value. Cute little bottle, too. :)

Formula wise, this stuff was very good- perfect color match to my pale skin, and blended in flawlessly. It was very creamy and easily blendable. I used a powder to set it (I think it was the clean make-up powder, which I didn't like that much, lol). I used this sort of like a foundation, and blended in all over. So for about a week or so, I thought I hd found my new favorite concealer.

Boy, was I wrong, lol. This stuff left my skin feeling very oily, even after removal (I have dry skin normally, so this left me with the exact opposite). But worst of all, it left me with HUGE painful cystic acne! All over my face where it had been applied! (We're talking multiple-core zits here with 2-3 whiteheads PER ZIT! XD lol). Even after I stopped using it, it took several months for my skin to completely heal. Out of all the skin make-up I have ever used that has broken me out, this one by far was the worst of them. I was disappointed because the concealer initially seemed like the perfect one. I have not purchased it since then, I do not recommend it for girls with acne prone skin!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

My HG concealer! I've been using this for years since my mom used it to cover up her circles. I use it as concealer and on those days where I feel really confident in my skin, I'll wear it as a foundation as well. It blends well, it covers, it brightens my face, and it doesn't melt off on those hot summer days. I'm also really pale so it's nice having something that blends seamlessly into my neck and doesn't make me look like I have a bad tan. I hope CoverGirl never discontinues this!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Wow, I'm loving this! Purchased this as a under eyes concealer. No, I don't have super dark circles. But I do look tired. This is quite nice. I can layer this without making it look cakey. the color creamy beige is a perfect match for my fair warm complexion (revlon buff). Will update how it performs on acne.

OK coverage, but definitely not a good highlighter in my opinion. Doesn't brighten my face the way id like it to..nor cover my dark circles as much as id like. Not the worst drugstore concealer but nowhere near the best.

on 6/2/2014 11:14:00 PM

I absolutely love this concealer. I have really clear skin so this is just what I need. However if some people need more coverage, this isn't the best option

This concealer feels good on the skin- doesn't seem greasy or oily. It's not bad to crease, and for that reason it looks good under the eyes. I only wish it were more pigmented! It looks natural on the skin, (blends, doesn't stick to dry patches, etc) but it just isn't enough on its own for my dark circles. I've never tried it on zits, so I can't say how it performs there. Overall I think I can probably get a better concealer.

on 4/18/2014 4:13:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

PROS: light colors available, thin consistency, sets on its own, natural "blurring" concealer
CONS: small color range, not densely pigmented, too liquidy in consistency for some people's liking, doesn't last all day

This was the first makeup item I ever had. My mom took me to Target at the young age of 12, hooked me up with some Covergirl Clean foundation, this concealer, some blush, lip gloss, and a tube of mascara. I remembered liking it then, so out of nostalgia, I repurchased it on my own recently, some 5 years after the last time I had owned it.

Ah, what a lovely product.

Essentially, this is the "tinted moisturizer" of concealers: perfect for a fresh, natural, no-makeup makeup look. My mother all those years ago had, in a sense, introduced me to the perfect makeup for a beginner. With light, soft coverage and a natural powder finish, it serves to blur imperfections more than it completely conceals, ideal for a young girl who doesn't know the correct amount of product to apply. For someone more advanced, the coverage may seem lackluster or nonexistent, but I find it perfect for minimalism, natural skin- it doesn't sink into lines under my eyes or into pores, it doesn't feel uncomfortable, it doesn't need to be set with powder, and it doesn't look makeup-y. The coverage is softly buildable.

You won't like this if you're searching for a high coverage concealer, have severe discoloration, have a deeper skin tone, or like working with thick concealers. However, younger girls, minimalist girls, fair-skinned girls, and low-maintenance-makeup girls, rejoice.

I'm glad that I repurchased this concealer.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is my HG concealer despite trying so many others from high end to low end- I could honestly wear this stuff as foundation. It's a perfect match for my fair skin and really changed my mind about Covergirl products in general. Since it has worked so well for me (and is both affordable and long lasting) I decided to test two of their foundations and was happy that this matched both perfectly. One tube of this concealer lasted me almost a year and did not dry out or change in texture, or cause breakouts. Since it's so affordable I grabbed an extra for my purse, but I rarely need it.

I see this doesn't have great reviews but I think perhaps it was a lucky find for me- fair concealers are hard to find without being too dark/washing you out/looking too yellow or red. So if you are pale with normal skin, this might be a great buy if you are sick of all the high end brands failing you.