SKII Facial Treatment Mask

SKII Facial Treatment Mask

4.2

Water, Saccharomycopsis Ferment Filtrate*, Butylene Glycol, Xanthan Gum, Sodium Salicylate, Methylparaben, Disodium EDTA. *Pitera.

on 8/18/2016 8:27:00 PM

Quite glad this didn’t provide me any amazing results after using three of these masks that were gifted to me. Otherwise, I think my wallet would cry.
The mask is very heavyweight & thick, easy to unfold, despite no additional plastic films like some other masks include. It barely fit my entire face (got that big forehead), but the placement of the eyes/nose/mouth holes worked for me. After using it for 20-30 minutes after cleansing my face + first essence, it did seem to make my skin slightly more plump, more taught, and more radiant. Maybe the mask actually had more effect on my skin than I’m claiming because I do not want to allow myself to get sucked into the SK-II craze. I feel that there are plenty of other Asian skincare products that will do the trick and at half the cost. For someone that tries to use sheet masks weekly (with a goal to use it more often), this would be a hefty habit.

I enjoyed using the excess serum in the pouch more than the actual mask. I just pat it directly onto my skin and it felt soothing and hydrating. With dry/dehydrated skin, I do need a bit more moisture and this one didn’t really wow me on the hydration side.

For the sake of trying this brand & sheet masking, it’s a great option if you are looking for high-end gift ideas.

on 7/14/2016 10:55:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Out of the entire SKII range, this is my favourite product.

I like to apply this on nights before a special occasion. Once, I tried it the morning of an occasion and applied make up on top (you're not supposed to wash product off). The make up ended up pilling (rolling off) and I looked patchy, so I had to start the process again from scratch.

There is a lot product in the pack. I like to use the mask, and as the serum dries off, apply another layer from the pack to use up the rest of the product. An alternative is to use it once, and make sure you try and prevent the product from evaporating by using a clip of some sort on the pack. I keep a pack of sterile unused face masks (with no product), so on the 2nd night, I can use an unused face mask and soak it in the remaining solution. This means you can have 2 nights in a row of using the mask.

You can keep it on overnight and wake up to radiant skin. Keep in mind that in the morning, you will have a noticeable line around your hair where the product has dried off, so you will need to wash your face carefully in the morning - or wash your hair. Other than the radiant skin, I have not noticed an improvement with texture/pores, etc etc.

I like to use my mask on overseas flights.

It's a good product. I hate the price tag though. If you have money to burn and are keen to experiment, it's an ok choice. Personally, I like to use my Etude House Vita Complex masks (?$USD 1.5) on a regular basis, and the SKII for special occasions. But does it live up to the price? No....

To Read all 142 Reviews, Login or Join

on 6/24/2016 7:05:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Love this face mask! Yes it's expensive but it's worth purchasing if you have a special event coming up, I normally would use it a few nights before and it leaves my skin glowing for about a week later, there is always heaps of product left in the packet so I wipe it all over my chest and arms to not waste any.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

This mask did nothing for me. The mask was closer to cardboard than cotton, it was so stiff and difficult to fit on my face. The Pitera essence was actually pretty gross -- I spread a thin layer of the leftover essence on my neck, decolletage, and shoulders, and instead of sinking into my skin, it sat on the surface and pilled up wherever I touched my skin. Same thing with my face after I took the mask off, except worse. My skin looked no different immediately after using this mask or the next morning; it had the same "just applied product" glow as it does when I use any other sheet mask or serum. However, when I woke up, I had pilled-up essence all along my hairline...so gross. I'm stupid and purchased 10 of these thinking there was no way they wouldn't work for me given that literally every other sheet mask I've tried (Benton, MBD, Too Cool for School, Sephora brand, Dr. Morita, Skinfood, etc.) has done at least something for my skin, and the SKII masks seem to be every other woman's HG so why wouldn't they work for me. Lesson learned, these are horrid. Would never repurchase.

on 6/4/2016 5:41:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I have combition skin that is prone to break outs, but also gets dry and sensitive in patches. I use Paula's Choice products to keep oil and breakouts at bay, so for some rehydration I decided to use the SKII masks. To start with, there were no instructions in the box so I had to google how long to leave it on for. Disappointing as I forked out £70 from net a porter for them. I left it on for 10 minutes and didn't wash off the serum as advised online. After an hour or two, my face was sticky and covered in a fine film - none of the serum had absorbed, just sat caked on my face. The next morning my dreaded nose blackheads had returned, along with lots of spots on my chin and cheeks, and it's taken a week of using Paula's Choice products to see an improvement. Need,Es to say, the rest of the masks went in the bin. They seem like an expensive gimmick, you're better off researching the exact type of skin serum you need and using it overnight. Definite,y cannot recommend for oily or combition skin. Will not repurchase.

on 6/1/2016 9:45:00 AM

I bought this in a pack of 5 or 6, I can't really remember. Don't use it that often because of the price. Will normally use it when I noticed my face starts to be problematic or dull. I live in a mostly hot & humid weather in Asia. But when I'm in the air-con room & put this on, it feels AMazing!!! Just read some of the reviews where they reuse the left over posters in the package. Gonna try that with my blank facial sheet mask & see if it works for me.

on 5/31/2016 3:59:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I've tried most of SK-II's products from creams to serums, almost all of them broke me out, with the exception of the facial treatment essence. This mask on the other hand is magic. I keep coming back to it. Whenever I have a sleepless night, an event or a meeting, I just put it on and it makes me look extremely fresh, awake and less puffy. Not to mention that it is super hydrating, in a non-greasy way.

My only stable mask for 2 years.

Pros:
-very hydrating
-obvious result ( dewy skin for the next 3 days)
-rich in essence
-nice packaging

Cons:
-price

on 4/15/2016 2:17:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This mask is amazing. I like use it after I've done the Indian Healing Clay Mask, and any of you that are familiar with that one know how extremely drying it can be. In fact, sometimes it can leave your skin feeling kind of raw. Absolutely nothing cools/soothes my face like SKII's Facial Treatment Mask. It feels amazing when you put it on, especially so if you live in a climate with harsh, drying winters or suffer from various skin conditions that leave your skin dry/flaking.

The manufacturer's directions are to leave the mask on for 15 minutes, then remove and discard. Yea- NO. I leave this baby on for 20-30 minutes and there is still plenty of moisture left, so I put it back into the little foil sleeve (which will have TONS of the moisturizing treatment still in it) then into a ziploc bag and can reuse it another 1-2 times. Considering how expensive it is it would be so wasteful to discard after one use. Also, since you put it on after cleansing/washing your face, I don't see any issues with it being unsanitary. I haven't had any problems doing this. I've also read reviews where people like to leave it on overnight to maximize the effectiveness, but I have not tried this as I toss and turn way too much in my sleep and would ultimately end up moisturizing nothing but my pillow case. When I take it off my skin feels soothed/moisturized and most of the redness caused by the IHC mask is gone. Once all the residue has been absorbed in my skin, it feels baby soft and does have a glow to it.

These are sold individually for $17 each, in packs of 6 for $95 or packs of 10 for $135 (basically $13.50 per mask). Buying the single mask is good to take it for a test run, but buying the 10 pack is the most cost effective. Since I use each more than once, it lasts me forever. I highly recommend this mask - if not to use regularly, then to pamper your skin every once in a while. You will not regret it.

I have never written any reviews on any skincare or beauty products oh to sum up its my first review on an amazing product. I have tried on so many skincare brands this one surely stands out .Got this product in a gift set with the facial treatment essence and the clear lotion . Tried the mask on last night has per the instructions left it for 15mins . Easy to apply and face feels so cool when the mask is on . Well after removing the mask I was surprised It's been ages that I have seen my face looking so fresh and glowing ☺️ Truly an amazing product definitely worth the price !.Guess it can be used by anyone .
Got to see how the treatment essence and clearlotion works .